Few Observations

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

SoCalRam78
Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Don't make many of these, but Ill take a shot.

1. Jared Goff is a future franchise QB - will leave it at that. Needs to get it out a little faster, but will learn in this offense.

2. Cooper Kupp drops a lot of passes and makes mistakes - but he's a 3rd rounder. His fumble at the 2 changed the entire game. 14-7, different game, different result perhaps. Like Gurley fumbling at the pylon vs Seattle. Can't give away TDs against good teams. His 3rd quarter drop was massive as well.

3. Where are the TEs? Thought this was McVay's MO. TE production. We have none of it this year. Everett is a rookie, but where is it?

4. Where the f is Watkins? We dealt for our "number 1 WR" but he's actually treated as a number 3. Weird.

5. Rams need better OLB production next year. Quinn and Barwin will not be starters in 2018. Good riddance. Barwin is awful, but a stop gap. Quinn non existent.

6. Rams had the injury bug hit em, all in one area. Troy Hill out, NRC hurt, Webster concussion. Your 4th stringer Hatefield got exposed.

Fan since 80s

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Goff greatly impresses me. Yes he is young and occasionally shows how raw he is with a late throw but my goodness he shows outstanding command of the offense at times.
Kupp is just a guy. I'm sorry. I wanted him to step up and be a red zone threat but a red zone threat needs to be dependable.

Raminec
Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Rams started strong. The Kupp fumble hurt but it wasn’t the end of the world. Losing Webster and Roby left the secondary exposed. Minnesota has a strong defense and Case made the plays necessary to get his team enough points with that defense. Liked the way the Rams approached the late minutes of the game. Keep competing. It’s time to get some work in on offense. McVay has stressed the next game approach. Part of that approach is moving forward to the next week and another part is not dwelling on last week. He will have them ready to play against a very tough New Orleans Saints team on Sunday.

therealheadslap75
Starter

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:48 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:

1. Jared Goff is a future franchise QB - will leave it at that. Needs to get it out a little faster, but will learn in this offense.

2. Cooper Kupp drops a lot of passes and makes mistakes - but he's a 3rd rounder. His fumble at the 2 changed the entire game. 14-7, different game, different result perhaps. Like Gurley fumbling at the pylon vs Seattle. Can't give away TDs against good teams. His 3rd quarter drop was massive as well.

3. Where are the TEs? Thought this was McVay's MO. TE production. We have none of it this year. Everett is a rookie, but where is it?

4. Where the f is Watkins? We dealt for our "number 1 WR" but he's actually treated as a number 3. Weird.

5. Rams need better OLB production next year. Quinn and Barwin will not be starters in 2018. Good riddance. Barwin is awful, but a stop gap. Quinn non existent.

6. Rams had the injury bug hit em, all in one area. Troy Hill out, NRC hurt, Webster concussion. Your 4th stringer Hatefield got exposed.
AWESOME POST, spot on

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I only have one but it is glaring:

Why the hell are the Rams CB's playing 10 yards off the ball at the snap again? I thought we changed this but our CB's were giving up yards like it was a two minute prevent. The replacement(s) for Webster are horrible!!!!!! I won't even give them names just fill in the blanks.

Robocop
Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm

EastBayRamsFan wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:37 pm
I only have one but it is glaring:

Why the hell are the Rams CB's playing 10 yards off the ball at the snap again? I thought we changed this but our CB's were giving up yards like it was a two minute prevent. The replacement(s) for Webster are horrible!!!!!! I won't even give them names just fill in the blanks.
If it's Tru I understand but really the rest of them were completely outmatched after Robey went out. Remember it was 7-7 into the 4th the strategy was working. Wade did his job given the injuries. McVay and Co. didn't deliver.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:24 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:

Very good post^^^

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.