Relax!

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Post Reply
ramsfan47
Bench Warmer
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am

It was one game. We lost to a solid division leader at their home field. It wasn't like we had a huge let down and lost to the Giants like the Chiefs. Going in, we all knew it would be a great contest and tough match up. I think the Rams will learn from it and move on. That being said, we weren't able to sustain drives and the defense was on the field for what seemed 3 quarters of the game. These are the games that will benefit us down the road, with the lack of experience in big games.

All you jokers hiding behind your computer screen calling Kupp a bust are irrelevant. He's a good WR and only a ROOKIE! I've seen Amarie Cooper, Mike Evans, even Julio Jones drop a few passes.

That being said, we have another great test this week but in our stadium! Let's pack the house and bring our own home field advantage to the game.

Go Rams



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am

Ok, there is no panic but this isn't a Aaron Rodgers moment, either. This isn't a team who has been there and done that..... This was a test of a young upstart team.
Nobody really knew how good this team was. This game was a gauge, if you will. . Were they the best team in the nfc? in the midst of a historic super bowl run? or not.. .Now we know the answer to that..



Ramsfan08ny
Veteran
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am

Rammer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am
Ok, there is no panic but this isn't a Aaron Rodgers moment, either. This isn't a team who has been there and done that..... This was a test of a young upstart team.
Nobody really knew how good this team was. This game was a gauge, if you will. . Were they the best team in the nfc? in the midst of a historic super bowl run? or not.. .Now we know the answer to that..
I don't think we even know the answer to that question. Is this team out of it after yesterday's loss? How many teams have gone undefeated in the regular season? Two? And only one of them won the superbowl. Just saying, every superbowl winner, but one, had losses during the regular season. In fact, I would bet that most super bowl winners had 3-5 losses during the season.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am
Rammer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am
Ok, there is no panic but this isn't a Aaron Rodgers moment, either. This isn't a team who has been there and done that..... This was a test of a young upstart team.
Nobody really knew how good this team was. This game was a gauge, if you will. . Were they the best team in the nfc? in the midst of a historic super bowl run? or not.. .Now we know the answer to that..
I don't think we even know the answer to that question. Is this team out of it after yesterday's loss? How many teams have gone undefeated in the regular season? Two? And only one of them won the superbowl. Just saying, every superbowl winner, but one, had losses during the regular season. In fact, I would bet that most super bowl winners had 3-5 losses during the season.

It isn't about going undefeated. To me this was just not the game to lay an egg. Me and many others saw this game as a test for legitimacy -- for both teams. If they beat Minn, they are for real. Come on, going into the game, you almost could not think that. The coaches and players must have thought it too.

Yeah, if they smoke the Eagles, we forget about this glitch in the road. But now I don;t know that the Rams are real super bowl contenders.. ...... And I never really should have expected that much this year but there they were.



User avatar
SoCalRam78
Veteran
Posts: 1682
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Location: Southern California

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 am

Rammer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 am
Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am
Rammer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am
Ok, there is no panic but this isn't a Aaron Rodgers moment, either. This isn't a team who has been there and done that..... This was a test of a young upstart team.
Nobody really knew how good this team was. This game was a gauge, if you will. . Were they the best team in the nfc? in the midst of a historic super bowl run? or not.. .Now we know the answer to that..
I don't think we even know the answer to that question. Is this team out of it after yesterday's loss? How many teams have gone undefeated in the regular season? Two? And only one of them won the superbowl. Just saying, every superbowl winner, but one, had losses during the regular season. In fact, I would bet that most super bowl winners had 3-5 losses during the season.

It isn't about going undefeated. To me this was just not the game to lay an egg. Me and many others saw this game as a test for legitimacy -- for both teams. If they beat Minn, they are for real. Come on, going into the game, you almost could not think that. The coaches and players must have thought it too.

Yeah, if they smoke the Eagles, we forget about this glitch in the road. But now I don;t know that the Rams are real super bowl contenders.. ...... And I never really should have expected that much this year but there they were.
They didn't lay an egg, they didn't get any breaks and lost two corners to injury, exposing our defense. Games got away in the 4th. Outplayed, sure, they didn't embarrass themselves tho. Game was 7-7 late in the third. Kupp fumbled away a sure TD drive before halftime. They forced 0 turnovers. Happens.

Also, rams are for real, 7-2 and destroying bad teams, winning at Jax and Dallas (before Dallas lost everyone to injury or suspension) and losing two close games in the waning moments is about as real as it gets. Don't know why every big game test is for legitimacy and nothing before matters.

Go look at KC, lost at NYG.
Last edited by SoCalRam78 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.


Fan since 80s

User avatar
harkin
Veteran
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 am

ramsfan47 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am

All you jokers hiding behind your computer screen calling Kupp a bust are irrelevant. He's a good WR and only a ROOKIE! I've seen Amarie Cooper, Mike Evans, even Julio Jones drop a few passes.
Totally agree



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 am

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 am
Rammer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 am
Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am


I don't think we even know the answer to that question. Is this team out of it after yesterday's loss? How many teams have gone undefeated in the regular season? Two? And only one of them won the superbowl. Just saying, every superbowl winner, but one, had losses during the regular season. In fact, I would bet that most super bowl winners had 3-5 losses during the season.

It isn't about going undefeated. To me this was just not the game to lay an egg. Me and many others saw this game as a test for legitimacy -- for both teams. If they beat Minn, they are for real. Come on, going into the game, you almost could not think that. The coaches and players must have thought it too.

Yeah, if they smoke the Eagles, we forget about this glitch in the road. But now I don;t know that the Rams are real super bowl contenders.. ...... And I never really should have expected that much this year but there they were.
They didn't lay an egg, they didn't get any breaks and lost two corners to injury, exposing our defense. Games got away in the 4th. Outplayed, sure, they didn't embarrass themselves tho. Game was 7-7 late in the third. Kupp fumbled away a sure TD drive before halftime. They forced 0 turnovers. Happens.
Ok, I was harsh with the 'lay an egg'. What they did was get outplayed on both sides of the ball by a better team. Score was close for 3 quarters but the Vikes are a team that has trouble scoring. So that kept the game pretty close score wise. Vikings pretty much outplayed them all day. But as the game went on, it became more and more one sided. There was no late rally, no almost rally, etc. They were just beaten. That part isn;t good.



User avatar
sdram
Veteran
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 am

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Rammer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 am
Ok, I was harsh with the 'lay an egg'. What they did was get outplayed on both sides of the ball by a better team. Score was close for 3 quarters but the Vikes are a team that has trouble scoring. So that kept the game pretty close score wise. Vikings pretty much outplayed them all day. But as the game went on, it became more and more one sided. There was no late rally, no almost rally, etc. They were just beaten. That part isn;t good.
Thank you for realizing the Rams played toe to toe with the Vikings until the 4th quarter when the Vikes took advantage of a practice squad corner. If Kupp didn't fumble at the 1 and the questionable call on Donald hadn't completely changed the momentum, the Rams might've pulled it out. The Rams defense obviously let up once the game was 21-7 and gave up a meaningless late drive. IMHO, if the Rams were up 14-7 in the 4th quarter, it would've been a whole different game.



crazy-legs
Veteran
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 pm

This is the first game this year where we didn't have a chance to win it at the end. Let alone it was against one of the best teams in the NFC - on the road no less. No panic here. I expect us to rebound next week...


Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Post Reply