My Take on Goff

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

I thought he played a good game against the Vikes.... just from watching the game live without watching game tape yet..

What I like about Goff, is how poise he is when looking down field..

He didn't get rattled from the few hits he took,

He just got back up and moves on like it didn't happen....

Second... with the loud crowd, I thought he did really good....

A few drop balls from our WRs didn't help his Cause.

Also, what I notice,,,,, he felt the pocket collapsing a few times and he spun out of one that looked really nice, but he couldn't hit on that pass... then on another, he slid on one side as the pocket was closing... still looking down field...

The only mistake I thought he made, was the first sack he took, just held on to the ball too long..

The second sack,,, was just one that really didn't count to my eyes... cause it was just a sack that wasn't going to make a difference and he knew it, so he was trying to hold it as long as he could to see someone get open...

This kid is going to be special,,, only if he had McVay starting from last year...

So to me this is his Rookie year.... and for this being his Rookie year, he looks really good,,,

That being said,, he will look even better next year....
Last edited by 69RamFan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ramdave1963
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Couldn't agree more! We have our qb of the future (and present). Thought he played very well considering everything. Kupp scores that td might have been a different game.

harley01
Starter

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:26 pm

I listened to the game on the radio because I was in the car. Watched the game today and was impressed yet again. We are very lucky to have him as our QB and he doesn't appear brittle like Bradford. I liked Bradford, but he always looked overwhelmed when he went back to the sidelines. Feels good to know we could have a great QB for the next 15+ years.