Case will have his choice of teams next year

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Robocop
Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 pm

With over half the league starting more than one QB this year and with some possibly questionable QBs coming out of the draft, Keenum is in prime position to make bank and choose where he wants to go. Not saying he'll play nearly as well as now tho. Case over Kap! Lol

sdram
Veteran

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:53 pm

I really like Case. He's a good guy with a great work ethic. If he's lucky he'll stay in Minnesota where they have all the pieces in place for any quarterback to succeed. If he goes to another team he'll probably become the next Osweiler.

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 pm

You don't just go to any team... Look who he was with the RAMs,,

He is in a good situation with the right OC on the helm for him,,, and a good offensive line....

Pat Shurmur runs a west coast system,,, which fits Keenum....

I would take the Viking first offer and not play around to see if other teams would make him a better deal...

He is not the type of QB that makes a team better,,,

He is a QB that is in the right system that is making him a better QB....

Robocop
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:56 am

69RamFan wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 pm
You don't just go to any team... Look who he was with the RAMs,,

He is in a good situation with the right OC on the helm for him,,, and a good offensive line....

Pat Shurmur runs a west coast system,,, which fits Keenum....

I would take the Viking first offer and not play around to see if other teams would make him a better deal...

He is not the type of QB that makes a team better,,,

He is a QB that is in the right system that is making him a better QB....
Doesn't matter. He would be a great fit to stay there but he probably won't cus he's stated before he wants to play so we'll see. And I never said he could go to any team I said he will have his choice basically. And every coach out there in desperate need of a QB is thinking "I could make that work". since his bad seasons came in Houston and the Rams with Fisher. Especially offensive minded HC's would want him. Name 2 backups you'd rather have over Case Keenum? And don't say Kaepernick

sdram
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:44 am

Minny has all the pieces in place for ANY qb. to succeed. We saw how effective Case was at Houston and under Fisher. It does matter what team he’s on. I can’t think of a team that needs a qb where he would thrive. At Denver he would truly be the next Osweiler. :P

Robocop
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:50 am

sdram wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:44 am
Minny has all the pieces in place for ANY qb. to succeed. We saw how effective Case was at Houston and under Fisher. It does matter what team he’s on. I can’t think of a team that needs a qb where he would thrive. At Denver he would truly be the next Osweiler. :P
Never said he would thrive I'm simply saying he wants to play and could determine his decision

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 am

Why would he leave? He’s in the perfect spot. And why would the Vikings choose anyone else. Case has outperformed most QB’s in the league. Hopefully Bradford will get dumped. He deserves it.

toast49
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 am

Bradford will probably not be back in Minny. He'll be alright though. He had a very successful career money wise. He didn't tell the NFL to throw a 100 mil his way. They did it gladly. We should all have such good fortune.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 am

Case is doing really well.

Let's not forget how awesome that offense looked in Bradford's one healthy game.

He had almost 350 yards and 3 tds with no picks against Saints. That O is loaded.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Robocop
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:33 am

At some point Teddy starts. Then what? Wait til he's bad and Case goes back in? Then what again? It's just a never end wheel with him being on the fringe of just good enough

Kindablue
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:55 am

CK has made some remarkable plays on his own.
Have you guys watched the games.? Some incredible throws under duress.
The Rams should have saved all those picks and stuck with him.
He's head and shoulders above Goff at present
Hes a play maker.
Goff is not.

Kindablue
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 pm

75Rams wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:16 pm
https://scout.com/tu/MTk1MDM0OHRpbnkyNDc=
Another thing that I think is huge.
If you watched the highlight reel of the Detroit game that I posted, note what a beautiful ball Keenum throws.
You can see it when they show a close up of the ball in flight.
It also has the perfect arc for the receiver. It comes in like he's handing him a baby.
I get how he set all those college records now.

Contrast that with the many wobbles that Goff throws and the times that he has too much or not enough air under it.
All of those drops by our receivers are not totally on them.
Hope he grows out of that as he matures.

SoCalRam78
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Kindablue wrote:
Hes a play maker.
Goff is not.
Journeyman case Keemun is a play maker, but Goff is not. Interesting. Since Goff has better numbers and likely a worse supporting cast. Plus he’s almost a decade younger. But that’s okay. At least, Keenum is playing and doing well. Remember. Paxton Lynch was the correct move. #neverforget

Fan since 80s

ram_attack
Starter

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:30 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:21 pm
Kindablue wrote:
Hes a play maker.
Goff is not.
Journeyman case Keemun is a play maker, but Goff is not. Interesting. Since Goff has better numbers and likely a worse supporting cast. Plus he’s almost a decade younger. But that’s okay. At least, Keenum is playing and doing well. Remember. Paxton Lynch was the correct move. #neverforget

perfect :lol:

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Kindablue wrote:
Hes a play maker.
Goff is not.
No injuries to Rams CBs would've been a different game.
I'm interested in the big picture.. Case is doing fine.. but no team will consider him a long term answer.

I guess bombs in stride aren't good plays.

3-24-16

Robocop
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:21 pm

There was zero mention in the OP about Case being a long term answer or being better than Goff. Simple observation and prediction.

75Rams
Bench Warmer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Yes, Case Keenum is a good NFL QB, he is in a phenomenal zone right now. I'm not surprised at all by the success he is having this year w/ the Vikings.

If you can go 8 - 6 as a starting QB under a Jeff Fisher coached team, that is like the equivalent of going 100 - 2 as the starting QB under a Bill Belichick coached team.

That being said, somebody's going to pay him a bunch of money next season.

Jack85Youngblood
Starter

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Really, who cares about Keenum? He is no longer a Ram, so I can care less about him.

HighDesertRam
Starter

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Keenum has worked hard, taken advantage of opportunities and carved out a,nice NFL career for himself.
50/50 if he'll end up being a franchise QB but he's done well for himself.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Robocop wrote:
There was zero mention in the OP about Case being a long term answer or being better than Goff. Simple observation and prediction.
Gotcha. I don't see the market you see for him.

Which teams do you think would hand him the keys?

His best chance is performing at the level he's at now. Will be hard for the Vikings to walk away. They also have Bradford coming off the books.

Other than that... who? Redskins if they lose Cousins? Jacksonville? Are you forgetting how many QBs playing are backups?

Cleveland won't have the choice to not draft a QB with top pick. Their fans need hope.

3-24-16

Robocop
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Robocop wrote:

His best chance is performing at the level he's at now. Will be hard for the Vikings to walk away. They also have Bradford coming off the books.

Other than that... who? Redskins if they lose Cousins? Jacksonville? Are you forgetting how many QBs playing are backups?

Cleveland won't have the choice to not draft a QB with top pick. Their fans need hope.
Any of half the leagues teams whove started multiple QBs would love to pay Keenum as a stop gap. Any team drafting a rookie who needs someone to fill a void before starting or backing up an aging QB or any team indecisive over their situation. Keenum wants to play he's said it over and over he may choose the situation over the money but what other backup would you or any coach want behind their starter or until they've found their franchise man. What FA backups next year get offered more than Case? Sad Keenum will forever ride that rollercoaster of best backup but I'll take his spot for those millions

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 pm
Really, who cares about Keenum? He is no longer a Ram, so I can care less about him.
Yeah no kidding...Some of these CK smoochers hardly sound like Rams Fans. If you're not a Ram I hope you suck shit period, I don't care who you are.
Never rooted for Warner when he was a Giant or a Card.
Or Wistrom as a Hag.
Or Bettis with the Steelers, or Quitterson for anything
And certainly not for Hachsaw and Tyler for going to the scumbag 9ers
Gabriel and Jaworski became trash when they went to the Eagles
Case who?
Go Rams!

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Robocop wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Robocop wrote:

Any of half the leagues teams whove started multiple QBs would love to pay Keenum as a stop gap. Any team drafting a rookie who needs someone to fill a void before starting or backing up an aging QB or any team indecisive over their situation. Keenum wants to play he's said it over and over he may choose the situation over the money but what other backup would you or any coach want behind their starter or until they've found their franchise man. What FA backups next year get offered more than Case? Sad Keenum will forever ride that rollercoaster of best backup but I'll take his spot for those millions
Name the teams.

3-24-16

Robocop
Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 pm
Robocop wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Name the teams.
Jacksonville, Arizona, Denver, Cleveland, NYJ, Buffalo come to mind for different reasons