The Annual "Who will Rams draft - who do you want" thread

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 pm

It seems like every year I throw this out there, so here it is:

Who do you think the Rams WILL draft?

Who do you HOPE the Rams draft?


Me? I'm open to a lot of options - might be easier to say who I hope the DON'T draft.

But anyway, I think the Rams WILL either draft S Nashir Adderly or G Dalton Risner. Ok, that's 2 guys, so I'm cheating. :lol:

Who do I HOPE they draft? I'm good with one of those ^^^ 2 guys. 8-)


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

war room warrior
Starter
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:21 am

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Well I would LOVE Josh Allen, but; we know that’s not gonna happen....
TE Fant would also be nice, but, again that’s not gonna happen...
Me personally, resign Suh and Draft Simmons, if not; then Lawrence, Rams can’t let teams run all over them again this year....

Go Rams 🏈🏈



User avatar
CierraRam
Veteran
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:24 am
Location: Oregon

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:45 pm

You know, So many needs coming up defensively after this coming season... But I have come to the conclusion that I am more worried about THIS SEASON first. Therefore I want one of OL'man Chris Lindstrom, BC ( can play swing tackle, primary as Guard) or Erik McCoy Guard or Center. Either represent what McVay wants in his OL'man, position versatility and these guys are quality. The Rams depth at OL is my primary concern heading into this season.



User avatar
CierraRam
Veteran
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:24 am
Location: Oregon

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:55 pm

Ants wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 pm
It seems like every year I throw this out there, so here it is:

Who do you think the Rams WILL draft?

Who do you HOPE the Rams draft?


Me? I'm open to a lot of options - might be easier to say who I hope the DON'T draft.

But anyway, I think the Rams WILL either draft S Nashir Adderly or G Dalton Risner. Ok, that's 2 guys, so I'm cheating. :lol:

Who do I HOPE they draft? I'm good with one of those ^^^ 2 guys. 8-)
I chose the two OL I did because I have a sneaky suspicion Risner getting picked somewhere in the 20's



MothaFaulker
Starter
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 am

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:45 am

I’m sticking with my “if Simons and Fant are gone trade back” opinion, but back to the original topic:
-I think they take one of the 3 Centers, Bradbury, McCoy, Jenkins (yes Jenkins is high up there) and either would be a very good starter for years.
-who I’d hope they draft is one of Simmons or Tillery. They both offer great pass rush to complete the DLine.
Personally I wouldn’t mind a big trade down and grabbing Polite either. I think he’ll be a player.



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:33 am

You know, as the draft nears I'm noticing the mocks leaving a LOT of meat on the bone at pick 31.
If the real draft does indeed turn out that way, I could see us trading back. Still, I'd want 2 2's in return...or a 2 and a VERY early 3.


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

User avatar
Jack85Youngblood
Veteran
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 am

Rams are drafting so low(a good thing) that no one stands out for me. So I say BPA. If the best center or guard is still there, take him. If the best safety is still there, take him. Simmons is a risk; but I like him at 31. Could he be had in a slight trade back? I would even like Fant if he is there.


Image

Claremontram
Veteran
Posts: 1515
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57 am

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:23 am

I want the best Center in the draft at 31.



rong
Veteran
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:23 am

Ants wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:33 am
You know, as the draft nears I'm noticing the mocks leaving a LOT of meat on the bone at pick 31.
If the real draft does indeed turn out that way, I could see us trading back. Still, I'd want 2 2's in return...or a 2 and a VERY early 3.
I've flip flopped more than a politician on trading back, I agree tho, it depends on the deal...I wonder if our 2 3rd rounders help us with that?...my goal is a starting C and DT.....then ILB, CB and G later....I'm not interested in Suh, would rather have a Zach Brown on the cheap



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm

You guys that keep clamoring for a Center...You guys don't think Allen is gonna cut it? :?


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

User avatar
CierraRam
Veteran
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:24 am
Location: Oregon

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Ants wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm
You guys that keep clamoring for a Center...You guys don't think Allen is gonna cut it? :?
I am a Sparty Alum so I know Allen can play. I do want solid, and up and coming depth with the first pick. A guy who can play more than one position. Which is why I am targeting the guys that I am. McVay likes those kinds of guys too on the OL. A few of those guys are right for where the Rams are picking.



pmill66
Starter
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Hope the Rams can trade up for Fant.
Hope Simmons in on the board at 31.
See OL being the choice after a trade down Risner or Lindstrom. If both are off, CB or S next choices.

Hope they dont draft Lawrence at 31, hate to use a 1st rounder on a 2 down player.



rong
Veteran
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Ants wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm
You guys that keep clamoring for a Center...You guys don't think Allen is gonna cut it? :?
Just unsure about him, I'm much higher on Note, but the coaching staff really hasn't talked about Allen much which gives me pause...if Bradbury's there, we'll see...we are def short on guards as well after this season, Blythe struggled at times this season



toast49
Veteran
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Rams have used their high draft capitol on offense under McVay and I don't think that changes this year. An impact skill player or an O lineman with the first pick whether that's at 31 or a trade back. Narrowing it down I expect a RB or O lineman with the first pick.



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:29 pm

toast49 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 pm
Rams have used their high draft capitol on offense under McVay and I don't think that changes this year. An impact skill player or an O lineman with the first pick whether that's at 31 or a trade back. Narrowing it down I expect a RB or O lineman with the first pick.
Name names, man!!! 8-)


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

mnrams13
Bench Warmer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Again very simple in a complicated process in this order:
1. An array of of top 20 picks - especially playmakers both off n def that fall--
2. Simmons
3. Lawrence
4. Thornhill- read it here first a few weeks ago
5. Tillery
6. Assortment of other super talented kids like Greedy, McCoy etc



toast49
Veteran
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Ants wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:29 pm
toast49 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 pm
Rams have used their high draft capitol on offense under McVay and I don't think that changes this year. An impact skill player or an O lineman with the first pick whether that's at 31 or a trade back. Narrowing it down I expect a RB or O lineman with the first pick.
Name names, man!!! 8-)
Sanders is in play at RB. McCoy at center or guard. Risner possibly, he can play any position on the line.



toast49
Veteran
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:01 pm

toast49 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:45 pm
Ants wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:29 pm
toast49 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 pm
Rams have used their high draft capitol on offense under McVay and I don't think that changes this year. An impact skill player or an O lineman with the first pick whether that's at 31 or a trade back. Narrowing it down I expect a RB or O lineman with the first pick.
Name names, man!!! 8-)
Sanders is in play at RB. McCoy at center or guard. Risner possibly, he can play any position on the line.
Feel like it's going to be McCoy or Sanders at this point.



Post Reply
Rate this topic