Florio: I would not be surprised if Goff doesn't get a second contract with the Rams."

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams

Raminec
Veteran

Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Not a big fan of Florio because he’s all over the board throwing crap out there like this to see what sticks. As for Goff the Rams have a couple of seasons to evaluate him and make that decision. They could even Franchise him for a couple of seasons if they chose to. Goff’s performance and progression will determine his value. I like the progress that he has made under McVay and fully expect him to continue to grow as a player. Interesting that Florio fully endorsed Zack Prescott getting a long term deal despite the fact that there are still some serious question marks in his game in many people’s opinion. I guess it’s because Dallas has to make a decision sooner. I wonder what his assessment of Carson Wentz’s chances of getting a second contract with Philadelphia. Great player when he’s on the field but has had trouble finishing a season. Almost everyone in the NFL is under the Not For Long category as very few players last beyond 5 seasons anyway.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Fri May 24, 2019 7:43 am

This is as "HEY, LOOK AT ME!!' of a hot take from anyone not named Safety Blitz.

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am

Florio must be a big Mystic Ram fan. If any of you think that the Rams's brass aren't thinking about an alternative to Goff after watching the film of him nutting up against the Patriots in the biggest game of his life is delusional. Dude was shaking like a leaf when he realized he wasn't playing air force in the armed services bowl. Bowl drove the best team in football into a ditch. F him. Next.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Fri May 24, 2019 8:35 am

MysticRam wrote:
Florio must be a big Mystic Ram fan. If any of you think that the Rams's brass aren't thinking about an alternative to Goff after watching the film of him nutting up against the Patriots in the biggest game of his life is delusional. Dude was shaking like a leaf when he realized he wasn't playing air force in the armed services bowl. Bowl drove the best team in football into a ditch. F him. Next.
If were offered a thousand dollar cash bet to stand behind that claim, are you taking it?

Predicated on you actually having access to a thousand dollars cash, obviously. But let's assume facts not yet in evidence, at least for the purposes of this conversation.

49RH8R
Starter

Fri May 24, 2019 8:57 am

this is the biggest joke i've ever heard. goff is one of the best young qb's in the nfl and in a few years when brady, brees, rodgers are gone he'll be considered top 5 in the NFL.

malibu
Veteran

Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 am

Another super dumb post!!! Goff made the Pro Bowl the last 2 years. He is a fantastic QB and I still contend when his career is over he will make the HOF.

This season he will make another leap. He has all his weopons back, plus adding Henderson another unique weopon.

Rammer
Veteran

Fri May 24, 2019 11:19 am

Yeah, unless he falls totally on his face Goff is getting a second contract,

Skyhook
Starter

Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Besides the SB, the biggest games the Rams played all season were the regular season game vs the Chiefs and NFC championship vs the Saints.

Incredible that the critics disregard how great he was in both games.

He put on a show and outplayed Patrick Mahomes in the KC game and against the Saints with all that noise and a 13 point deficit, just a great show of leadership and poise to make all the plays to come back and win that game. He showed real guts and outplayed the great Drew Brees

...... and we won't even talk about the Vikings game.

Florio is a complete idiot.

:R

Raminec
Veteran

Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 pm

MysticRam wrote:
If Florio is a Mystic Ram fan then he really has no credibility 😂

FWIW, of the Top 100 single-game passer ratings from 2018 (min. 20 attempts), Jared Goff was responsible for 7 of them, including the top rating from his "perfect game" vs MIN. #LARams

9-Mahomes (MVP)
7-Goff, Ryan
6-Brees, Wilson
4-Rivers, Cousins, Luck, Watson, Trubisky, Baker

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Rammer wrote:
Uh Hello. He fell flat on his face in THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!! And he fell to his knees like a prison girlfriend when he was getting rushed by Van Noy. He was awful and can never be counted on in the big game. They'll find someone else.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 4:56 am

One has to weight the McVay Offense, the value to an organization a qb playing on his rookie deal presents and the performance of Goff himself.

The analysis has to equate to Goff being a talent who elevates the play of others around him

How has Kirk Cousins performed once he left the Redskins organization? Is he a qb that makes the talent around him better? Did Thielen and Diggs have better seasons with Cousins versus Keenum?

Assume Goff would have some real value to qb hungry teams in the trade market. I assume Florio's take Goff is a product of the McVay offense. Myself? McVay has certainly had a positive impact on Goff, but Goff himself has improved each and every season. Think 2019 is a big season for him. If he continues on his trajectory of improving each and every season, 2019 should be the year one can visualize each week the impact Goff himself makes.

The 2019 schedule has the Rams traveling to the AFC North and NFC South. If Goff shines in these road venues, playing some of the stoutest defenses in the league and willing the Rams to victory, I am certain Goff will be in their long range plans.

99rams
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 5:08 am

It took Bradshaw 6 yrs to get to a SB, Montana 3 yrs. Dan Marino made it in his 2nd year, lost and never went back to a SB. I was disappointed in Goff’s play against the Pats and yeah, he choked but maybe he over performed getting there when you consider a year under Fishstank and the team was better than him but did other players step up? We had a couple early INTs but where was Donald, Gurley, Cooks, Anderson and no Cooper Kupp? Goff wasn’t the only one who choked. The entire Oline fell down. Goff has a couple of years to prove himself and seeing we are a averaging some 17 years between SBs I’m not expecting another one anytime soon. We’re the cicada of NFL teams. If we get another shot, I’m fine with Goff at QB.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 5:10 am

MysticRam wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Uh Hello. He fell flat on his face in THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!! And he fell to his knees like a prison girlfriend when he was getting rushed by Van Noy. He was awful and can never be counted on in the big game. They'll find someone else.
Goff was under consistent pressure in the Super Bowl, a result of one of the greatest defensive minds this game has ever seen. BB decision to wait to show his defensive alignment until after the communications shut down and then shift his defenders to overweight one side of the line all night long was genius.

Goff did also hit Cooks twice in that contest. If Cooks catches one and Rams win SB, is Goff then the greatest qb in Rams history? Bottom line, the Rams offensive woes in the SB did not fall solely at the feet of Jared Goff

In fact if the phantom hold on Sullivan is not called in third quarter after a long run by Gurley, quite possibly Rams offense gets rolling in quarter three as they had all season

CierraRam
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Wildflecken wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:10 am
MysticRam wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Goff was under consistent pressure in the Super Bowl, a result of one of the greatest defensive minds this game has ever seen. BB decision to wait to show his defensive alignment until after the communications shut down and then shift his defenders to overweight one side of the line all night long was genius.

Goff did also hit Cooks twice in that contest. If Cooks catches one and Rams win SB, is Goff then the greatest qb in Rams history? Bottom line, the Rams offensive woes in the SB did not fall solely at the feet of Jared Goff

In fact if the phantom hold on Sullivan is not called in third quarter after a long run by Gurley, quite possibly Rams offense gets rolling in quarter three as they had all season
Goff was also under tremendous pressure in the other loss's as well. Right now there are only two QB's in this league that can make plays consistently with people in their face a majority of a given game as what happened to Goff in the "L's".... Russell Wilson and Pat Mahomes... Rogers used to be one of those. So sorry, they pay Goff if he stays consistent.

LARAMFAN52
Starter

Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 pm

who’s better to replace him?

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 11:20 pm

CierraRam wrote:

Goff was also under tremendous pressure in the other loss's as well. Right now there are only two QB's in this league that can make plays consistently with people in their face a majority of a given game as what happened to Goff in the "L's".... Russell Wilson and Pat Mahomes... Rogers used to be one of those. So sorry, they pay Goff if he stays consistent.
A tad confused by your response. I had thought my post leaned towards Goff's defense and that both my posts leaned towards a second contract for Goff?

I did try and objectively look at Florio's take and give credence to the philosophy of the advantage of having a qb playing on their rookie deal provides an organization cap wise. I do believe 2019 is a big year for Goff however. The offensive line MAY experience some growing pains in 2019 in pass pro. If they do it will be imperative to see how Goff handles these situations. Many forget just how young Goff still is. To date he has shown he is a rapid learner. Will Goff soon be reading the opposing defenses with the savvy of a Brady? If Goff shows in 2019 he can, and wills the Rams to victory in games the protection is not what is has been his first two seasons under McVay/Kromer, he has cleared the last hurdle IMO for a second contract. This offense has so many weapons, even when a defense throws unexpected situations at Goff can he make the on field adjustments and use what the defense is doing to his advantage?

clevelandrams
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 pm

49RH8R wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:57 am
this is the biggest joke i've ever heard. goff is one of the best young qb's in the nfl and in a few years when brady, brees, rodgers are gone he'll be considered top 5 in the NFL.
he'll be a starting QB or a back up for a lesser team.If he's still in league

clevelandrams
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 11:57 pm

Skyhook wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Besides the SB, the biggest games the Rams played all season were the regular season game vs the Chiefs and NFC championship vs the Saints.

Incredible that the critics disregard how great he was in both games.

He put on a show and outplayed Patrick Mahomes in the KC game and against the Saints with all that noise and a 13 point deficit, just a great show of leadership and poise to make all the plays to come back and win that game. He showed real guts and outplayed the great Drew Brees

...... and we won't even talk about the Vikings game.

Florio is a complete idiot.
or how there was absolutely no defense. whats great about watching guys play an overpriced game of undefended catch?

clevelandrams
Veteran

Sun May 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Raminec wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 pm
Not a big fan of Florio because he’s all over the board throwing crap out there like this to see what sticks. As for Goff the Rams have a couple of seasons to evaluate him and make that decision. They could even Franchise him for a couple of seasons if they chose to. Goff’s performance and progression will determine his value. I like the progress that he has made under McVay and fully expect him to continue to grow as a player. Interesting that Florio fully endorsed Zack Prescott getting a long term deal despite the fact that there are still some serious question marks in his game in many people’s opinion. I guess it’s because Dallas has to make a decision sooner. I wonder what his assessment of Carson Wentz’s chances of getting a second contract with Philadelphia. Great player when he’s on the field but has had trouble finishing a season. Almost everyone in the NFL is under the Not For Long category as very few players last beyond 5 seasons anyway.
he says what he's told to say. Its all scripted. everything he says is to program you for whats coming or say outlandish things for entertainment. I already said Goff wont open the new stadium 3 months ago

99rams
Veteran

Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 am

Hey, on the bright side the LA Chargers stadium is closer to completion. Living between LA & San Diego you’d think the Rams will be renting from Spanos. Never any Rams gear, all Chah-gahz. Fans see Whitworth, Gurley & Goff gone in a year. Look at the bright side. Maybe we get to see Bill & Brady win another SB in LA. SERIOUSLY, we need to win a frickin’ Lombardi. Everything else is academic if you don’t win it all and not take 17 years to get there again.

Bones
Rookie

Mon May 27, 2019 9:04 am

Blame game always tends towards the ball handlers when most games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. What I saw in the SB was Patriot defense going through our O-Line like water through a sieve.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Mon May 27, 2019 11:44 am

Florio :oops: is a complete Moronand an Embarrassing idiot...to anyone who knows anything about football....... :!:
to Comment that the Rams won't offer Goff another Contract is absolutely moronic ..... especially what Goff has Done the last 3 years.........he helped the Rams win the Division and go to the Playoffs in his 2nd season and got the RAMS to the SB in his 3rd season and almost won !! he's still a newbie in the league and has accomplished many things that take QB's 6 to 7 years to accomplish........!!! that's why FLORIO is an Ankle Graber just like all gaybay 40whiner fans.......!!!

Go RAMS : Goff is already a Star QB and he has only played 2 1/2 years........!!! If Goff had won the SB Florio :oops: :cry: would be licking Goffs balls as to how Great Goff is........what a 2 faced prick he is...... :!: :!: And you can take that to the Bank

luckenbill56
Starter

Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Nonsense. What is Florio thinking or smoking?

CierraRam
Veteran

Mon May 27, 2019 6:51 pm

Wildflecken wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:20 pm
CierraRam wrote:

A tad confused by your response. I had thought my post leaned towards Goff's defense and that both my posts leaned towards a second contract for Goff?

I did try and objectively look at Florio's take and give credence to the philosophy of the advantage of having a qb playing on their rookie deal provides an organization cap wise. I do believe 2019 is a big year for Goff however. The offensive line MAY experience some growing pains in 2019 in pass pro. If they do it will be imperative to see how Goff handles these situations. Many forget just how young Goff still is. To date he has shown he is a rapid learner. Will Goff soon be reading the opposing defenses with the savvy of a Brady? If Goff shows in 2019 he can, and wills the Rams to victory in games the protection is not what is has been his first two seasons under McVay/Kromer, he has cleared the last hurdle IMO for a second contract. This offense has so many weapons, even when a defense throws unexpected situations at Goff can he make the on field adjustments and use what the defense is doing to his advantage?
Ah, sorry... I was responding to the whole thing for the naysayer(s) that you were. You're good. Was overly tired yesterday.

Rate this topic