20% Discount For Rams Fans

Would we be fine without Todd?

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Safety Blitz
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:22 am

When Todd and CJ played together and decimated the Dallas defense, we had a glimpse of what a balanced rushing attack combo looks like: unstoppable!

But with Todd's future clearly in doubt, it's time to ask ourselves, can we win a Superbowl and remain a top offense without Gurley?

I think so. Maybe the Rams will be just as good??? If Sean uses more than 1 Rb and multiple personnel looks and if the TE position can finally shine. the Rams might not miss Gurley as much as we fear?

Here's hoping Gurley can play well in a reduced role for years to come.

"In McVay We Trust!"

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 am

Safety Blitz wrote:
When Todd and CJ played together and decimated the Dallas defense, we had a glimpse of what a balanced rushing attack combo looks like: unstoppable!

But with Todd's future clearly in doubt, it's time to ask ourselves, can we win a Superbowl and remain a top offense without Gurley?

I think so. Maybe the Rams will be just as good??? If Sean uses more than 1 Rb and multiple personnel looks and if the TE position can finally shine. the Rams might not miss Gurley as much as we fear?

It mostly depends on Malcolm Brown + Darrell Henderson.

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 am

Safety Blitz wrote:

That's a good question and we don't know the answer to that. When someone is just filling in like CJ was last year, it a is totally different dynamic. I'm thinking that you cannot remove your best offensive player without there being some downside associated with that. Hopefully, though, Gurley is just going to be featured less and not be totally gone. Maybe with him in that role, the offense actually works better.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am

No. Without Gurley, they would cease to be a special offense and a true SB threat.

Make the playoffs? Yeah, probably. As a 9-7 team that opens on the road and has no chance at making any real noise.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am

I'm eager to see how Kelly can contribute. I expect him to be much more effective and make a contribution as well.

Go Rams!!!!

I bet we remain a top tier offense because Henderson can supply the explosives and Brown and Kelly can pound out tough yards downhill.

"In McVay We Trust!"

malibu
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:19 pm

I think we are better than a 9-7 team as one suggested, but we will not be as good as last year unless Henderson was the steal of the draft. Gurley is one of the best Offensive players in the league how do you legitimately replace him. Teams scheme for him they will not scheme for Brown/Henderson combo.

Personally I think Gurley will be fine if we lighten his load by 30-40% which gives Brown and Henderson to show if they can make up the difference. The mystery will be over after the 4 ganes or so. We will have a better analysis of how Gurleys knees are by then. Boy that will be a big time in this franchises history. Maybe Henderson will surprise us all and be a great compliment to Brown and Gurley.

brasilrams
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 pm

D-GenerationX wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am
No. Without Gurley, they would cease to be a special offense and a true SB threat.

Make the playoffs? Yeah, probably. As a 9-7 team that opens on the road and has no chance at making any real noise.
Goff was able to win a few games when Gurley was a non factor like the saints game. Buuut...I am not sure he can do it in a regular basis. Without a healthy Gurley it is gonna be much more difficult that is for sure.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm

If we use two RBs in the game at the same time, we have some interesting combos.

Gurley and Henderson
Brown and Henderson
Gurley and Brown
Kelly and Henderson

I predict a top offense with little or no fall off.

"In McVay We Trust!"

brasilrams
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Safety Blitz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm
If we use two RBs in the game at the same time, we have some interesting combos.

Gurley and Henderson
Brown and Henderson
Gurley and Brown
Kelly and Henderson

I predict a top offense with little or no fall off.
Brown is the man. Henderson will be impressive too. But I don't get the hype with Kelly.

RAMS 1974
Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 am

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 am
Safety Blitz wrote:

It mostly depends on Malcolm Brown + Darrell Henderson.
...It mostly depends on the OL, then Brown & Henderson. ;)

ROLL RAMS !! 8-)

RAMS FAN
DURHAMVILLE, NY
(JMF, 1974 xoxox)

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:28 am

Kelly will shine....on the practice squad, maybe. I predict he does not make the final roster. Rams are screwed if Gurley goes down. A bigger concern is if this revamped OL can open holes for them.

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 am

Rams can certainly win a Super with or without TG. But until another Superstar takes his place at running back, the O probably won't be as good (if TG is indeed beginning some process of decline?) . I mean, take any great offense thru NFL history and take away their HOF back. Are they as good? No Faulk, Lynch, Payton, Allen, Harris, E. Smith, Dorsett etc. So sure, a team can win a Super Bowl without a HOF back (Brady for instance), but I'm just saying Gurley was a huge factor.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am

"In McVay We Trust!"

UtahRam
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Doesn't matter if the O-Line doesn't perform well. That's a bigger question than who will succeed running behind them.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 am

Todd. plays half the snaps
Brown.

one quarter

Henderson

one quarter of snaps

"In McVay We Trust!"

Rate this topic