20% Discount For Rams Fans

Hey guys, Panther fan here

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Captain Morgan
Rookie

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:43 am

Congrats on your NFC championship. I was really pulling for you in the Super Bowl, almost all of us were (we hate the Patriots).

I see you got the same treatment we did after our last Super Bowl year....win the conference and start the next season on the road. Ron Rivera complained about that and we started the next season on the road as well.

I agree with him that if you win your conference, you should at least be rewarded with a home game to start the next season. And you guys got shipped all the way across the country!

Anyway, I was wondering how you guys feel about the upcoming season.
Is Suh a big loss? Do you believe Goff is the real deal? Is Gurley going to be ok?

Do you feel confidant in beating the Panthers, and how many wins are you expecting this season?

I've noticed some concern about your offensive line but I don't know much about it.

I'll be glad to give "imho" to any questions you have about the Panthers. I think if we beat you guys in the first game, it would be an accomplishment and the start of what could be a playoff season.

Finally thanks for knocking the whiny Saints out of the playoffs. We hate them more than the Patriots.

Good luck!

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Thank you for the congrats....

As far as Suh being missed, yes for during the playoffs,,,, that's when he showed up...

But during the regular season, not so much IMO... I have faith in both SJD and Gaines to take over the NT position.... especially SJD (Joseph-Day) after sitting on the bench last year learning from both Suh and Donald....

Goff is the real deal, don't let HBO Hard Knocks and the news media fool you...

He's the real deal.... he kind of reminds me of a Joe Montana, quiet but deadly....

Goff has improved every year,,, and I will expect him to be better this season....

Gurley will be fine, the RAMs coaching staff are just being careful with him... The kid is just going to have to deal with his knee issues from now on, but as long as he is feeling good, he is one of the many weapons we have.

I feel very confident that the RAMs will beat your Panthers….

Yes we have two new starters on the offensive line, but they were well trained from the coaching staff and from Whitworth, Saffold and Sullivan the past season...

My prediction: I feel the RAMs can go 14-2, but I'm playing it safe with another year at 13-3 to make another run at the SB...

We lost some key vets, but we also picked up some key vets in the process with gaining experience for our second year players...

With the subtraction and addition players to our team,,, I feel we have a deeper and stronger team than last year...

The last time we played you guys,,, I can't forget about that sack on Cam from AD.... :D :D :D

Captain Morgan
Rookie

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:05 pm

We don't know who will be our LG or LT. It'd be nice to have a few games to get that settled before having to face the Donald, but that's the way it is.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Yeah, your offensive line doesn't look like the teams strong point....

I was looking over your roster,,,, then I saw you have a TE,,, Hands of Stone Hemingway,,, He's a loser,,, He couldn't catch a cold if he tried his hardest, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a feeling Cam is going to have a long day, with a towel over his head with one of those upset sad looks on the sideline... :shock: :shock: :shock:

zackn
Starter

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Is Suh a big loss?
Yes and no. Suh did not play that well during the regular season but turned it up in the playoffs. His replacements at NT don't have his upside obviously but they ought to provide steadier regular season play. Actually overall the Rams have the makings of a very good defense.

Do you believe Goff is the real deal?
Yes. He's young but year to year improvement has always been steady with him going back to Cal. The problem with assessing Goff is that his best traits are subtle ones. Like for example he has eerie accuracy on longer throws, which can often be lasers with touch. He doesn't have dramatic traits like you see on post-game highlights, but if you watch him a lot like we do, it's pretty clear he will be a good pure passer type. He also has the makings of a top 4th quarter clutch qb, as you saw against the Saints if you watched that game. But...he's still young, which hampered him sometimes last year. He just needs to be more consistent, and the safe bet is that he will be.

Is Gurley going to be ok?
Mostly yes. He has an arthritic knee, probably (hard to get straight answers on that) but RBs can play with arthritic knees if they manage the condition. The danger would be a flare-up of pain and inflammation that puts him on the sideline for a couple of weeks, but then that's brief and calms down. He will be productive.

Do you feel confidant in beating the Panthers, and how many wins are you expecting this season?
I expect the Panthers game to be a tough one because of the Caro DL. The Rams defense promises to be much better than it was last year so that could make a big difference. As for wins, I expect it to be in the 12-13 range.

I've noticed some concern about your offensive line but I don't know much about it.
It's less concern than it is just unknowns. They are replacing two starters (center and left guard) with inexperienced 2nd year players. Both players look promising. And the Rams OL coach, Aaron Kromer (somoene you may already know about), has a very good record both drafting and developing linemen. Last year the line had flaws good defenses could exploit. If Allen at center is better than a worn down Sullivan was last year, then that (the exploitable flaws) will be less of an issue this year.

thanks for knocking the whiny Saints out of the playoffs. We hate them more than the Patriots.
I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say, our pleasure.

Captain Morgan
Rookie

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:19 pm

excellent post, thanks so much. I appreciate it because we don't get much coverage of West Coast teams over here, although I certainly learned a lot during your run to the Super Bowl.

I was following Gurley since high school, wanted him badly to go to UNC but he made by far the right choice to go to Georgia. I really hope things work out for him, he is one hell of a player and a very good dude off the field.

"The Rams defense promises to be much better than it was last year so that could make a big difference. "

That's not a good thing to hear for us.

To the previous poster about the tight end, he was signed as a camp body. Our TE's are Greg Olsen, Ian Thomas, a second year 4th round pick who looked good filling in while Greg was injured, and Chris Manhertz, who we pulled out of nowhere a couple of years ago and became a very good blocking TE.

Captain Morgan
Rookie

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:09 pm

zackn wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:06 pm

He also has the makings of a top 4th quarter clutch qb, as you saw against the Saints if you watched that game.

btw, that game is on the NFL Network in less than an hour if you want to watch again. I will be. :D

UtahRam
Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Suh is no loss at all.

Goff is the real deal.

No idea how Gurley will be this season.

The O-Line is the key to our success in 2019. We'll see...

I think the RAMS may struggle this year. RAMS are a good road team under McVay though.

Don't you think the horns on our helmets should be thicker? They are ridiculously thin now.

grackler
Starter

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:45 am

UtahRam wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Don't you think the horns on our helmets should be thicker? They are ridiculously thin now.

YES!! This is the boutique version of a Ram's helmet. Let's get back to the thick-horn, more realistic, and impressive helmets from before the floozie moved our Rams to St. Louis.

sanbagger
Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Welcome to the board Cap'n

Personally I wanted Suh to man the end but for some reason he was the Nose....one of the many questions I would have for Wade if given the chance to speak with him off the record. Anyway, while Suh is a hell of a DL I think the Rams are making a solid effort to bring more pressure from the outside and want to clog the middle the stop the running attack..something they struggled with last year.

Gaff has improved every year and makes some throws that make you say...yep, he's the guy. He also is now in his 3rd year with McV and reports are he has now mastered the scheme and is playing faster in practice. That said, I still feel he has a slight flaw in his delivery that tends to make him a tad slower to release....that is just my opinion and I realy haven't read any talking heads speaking of it so maybe I'm just seeing things.

My sense id TG is just fine but they have to take more of the load off of him. Kind of a wait and see deal.

Good point about the Rams travelling cross country to open with a tough Panther team....never really thought about it till now and I have to agree kinda a head scratcher...where do the Pats open the season?

I have much respect for Brees but I just can't take much more of Payton....Saints are my 3rd most hated team behind the Niners and Pats.

Good luck to the Panthers this year and look forward to a little more discussion before game 1.

mnrams13
Bench Warmer

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Interesting first game for both teams. If Cam can put on his Superman outfit in this game will be great with the Panthers being at home. IF Cam struggles it may get ugly. As for the Rams, Goff is still on his rookie deal and the roster is loaded, early in the year injuries usually don't matter, which favors the Rams roster. The story no one wants to talk about is the Rams D played very very well in the playoffs other than 3 first half series with the Saints and they owned the Pats (3 points in 3.25 quarters), Cowgirls (all prevent points) and Saints (Shut down the last 2 1/4 quarters)-- the key is they stopped letting Donald just rush every down in which he created huge gashing seams in the run game, they made him dominate while staying in assignment the end of the year and playoffs which created a great defense. Forget stats this defense will be much different this year but late game stats won't show it. I have always respected and admired the Panthers and I personally think them, Falcons and Saints are all neck n neck

Captain Morgan
Rookie

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:21 pm

sanbagger wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm
Welcome to the board Cap'n

Personally I wanted Suh to man the end but for some reason he was the Nose....one of the many questions I would have for Wade if given the chance to speak with him off the record. Anyway, while Suh is a hell of a DL I think the Rams are making a solid effort to bring more pressure from the outside and want to clog the middle the stop the running attack..something they struggled with last year.

Gaff has improved every year and makes some throws that make you say...yep, he's the guy. He also is now in his 3rd year with McV and reports are he has now mastered the scheme and is playing faster in practice. That said, I still feel he has a slight flaw in his delivery that tends to make him a tad slower to release....that is just my opinion and I realy haven't read any talking heads speaking of it so maybe I'm just seeing things.

My sense id TG is just fine but they have to take more of the load off of him. Kind of a wait and see deal.

Good point about the Rams travelling cross country to open with a tough Panther team....never really thought about it till now and I have to agree kinda a head scratcher...where do the Pats open the season?

I have much respect for Brees but I just can't take much more of Payton....Saints are my 3rd most hated team behind the Niners and Pats.

Good luck to the Panthers this year and look forward to a little more discussion before game 1.

thanks, that's a great post. I also respect Brees very much, and think he's a little under-rated as one of the all time best, but I know exactly what you mean about their coach.

I don't anything about arthritis, but I'm guessing that rest makes it better, so I'm thinking he'll be 100 percent for the first game. Someone on our board asked what was the best game to see in Charlotte this season.

I said Rams. See Gurley, and what looks like a legend at DT in Donald? Hey win or lose, see the legends while they are in their prime. It's scary to see a DT being ranked as the best player in the game.

toast49
Veteran

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:13 am

Rams will destroy the Panthers. The league served up an easy road game for us to open
Rams 45 Panthers 10. Blowout

OceanPanther
Rookie

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:31 am

Hello from the Carolina Coast.. Wow this summer is dragging for those of us who are ready for our NFL teams to return to action.. I do live on the coast , so a lot of my time is still being spent on the beach.. But we're about 47 days away from kick off. Pre Season for me, is COME AWAY FROM IT HEALTHY ,, all teams. I don't think the NFL did you any favors with scheduling us,, and east coast team , who plays in heat and humidity in September. But these are professionals, they'll adapt .

Stay healthy till Sept 8th,, then Welcome to Carolina .. Looking so forward to that game.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Welcome to both Panther fans. It's refreshing to see respect from both of you. Other teams fans that have come here have generally not been worth the time of day and don't stick around long. So far I don't get that from you two.
As for the game and our respective teams....
I have the Panthers winning that division this year because they play better D then Atlanta and New Orleans and all 3 have solid to spectacular Offenses. I find them a scary team to draw to open the season with and on the road at that.
They were 15-1 a couple years ago for a reason, and I believe most of that talent is still there isn't it?
I think this will be the 1st of 2 meetings this year and look forward to seeing them come to LA for the playoffs ;) . You guys currently have a way tougher division than the NFC West imo and that should give us the 1 up needed to host the game when it happens.

Feel free to update us of anything we may not have access too. It would be much appreciated.

So Again welcome to the board....

Go RAMS!!!

Rate this topic