I have to admit this is getting stressful

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
Rammer
Pro-bowler

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 pm

I'm a little bit over 60 yrs old, coming to work in elder healthcare facilities (not front line but obviously still exposed), exposing my family too and live in little NJ where we have 2492 new cases just today. Everyday, more and more issues at work dealing with issues related to COVID-19. It's on my other screen now as I type here. At night I am starting to dream about it too......... This board is a nice diversion. Even if we are talking about Coronavirus.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Rammer wrote:
I'm a little bit over 60 yrs old, coming to work in elder healthcare facilities (not front line but obviously still exposed), exposing my family too and live in little NJ where we have 2492 new cases just today. Everyday, more and more issues at work dealing with issues related to COVID-19. It's on my other screen now as I type here. At night I am starting to dream about it too......... This board is a nice diversion. Even if we are talking about Coronavirus.
At 60 you should be ok if you get it... I’d be more worried if you have elderly parents around!!!

I have a few elderly neighbours and they are all in panic mode so I’m doing some shopping for them and dropping it at their front door... one told me she washes everything when she gets it with Reusable gloves and then throws the gloves out... crazy times and I feel for them...

Pretty eerie at the supermarket... you have to wait outside as they limit numbers and you can only go one direction through the aisles and always 2 meters apart.. so far everyone taking it seriously....

Hope it ends soon

toast49
Pro-bowler

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:35 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Rammer wrote:
At 60 you should be ok if you get it... I’d be more worried if you have elderly parents around!!!

I have a few elderly neighbours and they are all in panic mode so I’m doing some shopping for them and dropping it at their front door... one told me she washes everything when she gets it with Reusable gloves and then throws the gloves out... crazy times and I feel for them...

Pretty eerie at the supermarket... you have to wait outside as they limit numbers and you can only go one direction through the aisles and always 2 meters apart.. so far everyone taking it seriously....

Hope it ends soon
Hang in there Rammer. Seems like we've veered into the twilight zone. I'm glad your getting supplies for your elder neighbors ElAcky. Hope it's over soon. What city are you in?

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:01 am

toast49 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Hope it ends soon
Hang in there Rammer. Seems like we've veered into the twilight zone. I'm glad your getting supplies for your elder neighbors ElAcky. Hope it's over soon. What city are you in?
I live in a village in Surrey just south of London.. 25 mins on train to central London.. Dead quiet here.. real fear in the air!

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:26 am

ElAcky wrote:
toast49 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Hope it ends soon
I live in a village in Surrey just south of London.. 25 mins on train to central London.. Dead quiet here.. real fear in the air!
We are all in the same boat. Everybody has their own issues - elderly parents or at risk family members. I am concerned about my coworkers at risk and residents at the nursing facilities. As a manager, in on decisions being made, I feel responsible. Also, I have 2 pregnant daughters right now. Talk about timing. One is right on the front lines - a charge nurse at a hospital and still working..... We don't talk about it much, it's all upbeat but It's gotta be a little scary for them. With this emergency will they even have access to good healthcare when the baby comes? What if there are complications?

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:38 am

Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
toast49 wrote:

We are all in the same boat. Everybody has their own issues - elderly parents or at risk family members. I am concerned about my coworkers at risk and residents at the nursing facilities. As a manager, in on decisions being made, I feel responsible. Also, I have 2 pregnant daughters right now. Talk about timing. One is right on the front lines - a charge nurse at a hospital and still working..... We don't talk about it much, it's all upbeat but It's gotta be a little scary for them. With this emergency will they even have access to good healthcare when the baby comes? What if there are complications?
Rammer I am sure all will be fine.. the important thing is to stay positive and remember that they are healthy... I think i've only heard of 1 case of a pregnant woman dying and there are zero cases of children under 9 dying

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am

Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
toast49 wrote:

hang in there I feel for you. I wish your family all the luck in the future.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:20 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am
Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

hang in there I feel for you. I wish your family all the luck in the future.
Thanks and thanks to Elacky too. Same to you. I was just venting. This is affecting every body. Weird times.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:38 am
Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Rammer I am sure all will be fine.. the important thing is to stay positive and remember that they are healthy... I think i've only heard of 1 case of a pregnant woman dying and there are zero cases of children under 9 dying
Danke.

dieterbrock
Bench Warmer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Rammer wrote:
I hear you man. Im in Middlesex County, on the border of Mercer. Numbers increasing in my area. Whereabouts are you in NJ?

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:04 pm

dieterbrock wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I hear you man. Im in Middlesex County, on the border of Mercer. Numbers increasing in my area. Whereabouts are you in NJ?
you guys in NY and NJ stay safe, don't ride the subways. scary situation back there right now.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:28 am

dieterbrock wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I am in Gloucester county, a bit south of you. It is not anywhere near as bad as in the northern part of the state. It is however growing here and already in our nursing homes and hospitals. Not mine yet as far as I know. knock wood. Stay safe

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:29 am

dieterbrock wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I am in Gloucester county, a bit south of you. It is not anywhere near as bad as in the northern part of the state. It is however growing here and already in our nursing homes and hospitals. Not mine yet as far as I know. knock wood. Stay safe

Rate this topic
  • Information