Political Posts

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
UplandRam
Site Admin

Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 pm

I have notice a few political posts that have gotten way over the top. Some have been just bait flames.

Moving forward, those who wish to post political topics please do so in the off topic forum.

Political posts in the main football talk forum will be deleted.

harkin
Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Great move, thanks for taking out the garbage.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 2:11 am

Thanks Upland, I support this decision 100 percent!

Clovis
Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 4:45 am

It was fun while it lasted :-)

sanbagger
Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 6:58 am

I vote in favor of this move

Ram Stien
Starter

Mon May 28, 2018 7:33 am

Good, I come on here to get away from all that political crap.

Raminec
Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 am

Thank You. Lets focus on what unites us. Rams Football

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Good move. Had to be done.

Rammer
Veteran

Wed May 30, 2018 9:14 am

Look, first I like this board and I'll follow whatever rules are in place.... That being said, I don't agree that this was a good move or something necessary. ... I get it that political stuff tends to get nasty, hateful and personal. But I don't do that and those that do should to get suspended or banned. Sending people to an off topic board - meh, nobody wants to do that. We could also say that AD's contract is about money and this is a football only board..Let's move that to an off topic board too.

Football and politics mix sometimes. It's just the way it is. Biggest thing to come out of the owners meeting was about politics. So, How is that considered 'off topic' ? The Eagles are going to the White House and the main media story is -not that the Eagles get honored by going to the White House and meet the President, it's who is gonna go and who is gonna protest and not go. That'w what sports writers are gonna write about, that's what ESPN will talk about, etc. ..... Politics seems to be intermixed with every story. Sorry, that's how it is and we can't change that. The players themselves have made it that way. They want to be in our face with their politics, They talk and tweet about it all the time. They don't just do this on their own time, they want to use the actual game venue to do it. So now, it is part of the NFL.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am

No one has been suspended or banned. If you want to post political stuff stuff, Just post in the off topic forum which is a part of our forum.

Rammer
Veteran

Wed May 30, 2018 11:48 am

UplandRam wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am
No one has been suspended or banned. If you want to post political stuff stuff, Just post in the off topic forum which is a part of our forum.
It's ok, upland. I was just giving my own view. ..... Just as in politics, no matter what you do, you can't please everybody.

harkin
Veteran

Wed May 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Look at the posts that have gotten political since this site started and they are 99% politics and 1% football, even when it was about something happening on a football field.

Someone sees something they disagree with and speaks up, the usual suspects with their 10+ posts in a single thread who insist on having the last word start baiting and it turns into a flame war where insults outnumber facts and the only thing missing is football.

Absolutely right to send this trash to off-topic where those who genuinely have something to say can say it and those who love trolling can find their kindred spirits.

If you go to most off-topic threads on sports boards the political talk is usually better than on the team threads because people don’t get angry about having politics shoved in their faces when they’re looking to talk a little football. There’s an analogy there but to be more specific would be to get political and Upland is right, get it out of here.

RamPower
Veteran

Thu May 31, 2018 10:21 am

harkin wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:56 pm
Look at the posts that have gotten political since this site started and they are 99% politics and 1% football, even when it was about something happening on a football field.

Someone sees something they disagree with and speaks up, the usual suspects with their 10+ posts in a single thread who insist on having the last word start baiting and it turns into a flame war where insults outnumber facts and the only thing missing is football.

Absolutely right to send this trash to off-topic where those who genuinely have something to say can say it and those who love trolling can find their kindred spirits.

If you go to most off-topic threads on sports boards the political talk is usually better than on the team threads because people don’t get angry about having politics shoved in their faces when they’re looking to talk a little football. There’s an analogy there but to be more specific would be to get political and Upland is right, get it out of here.
True.

Just as if I was watching the NFL or Pac-12 Network, ESPN etc. (hell, any form of sports), I wouldn't stick around long if it got political. I'm not there for that, just the opposite in fact....and yes, it becomes worse here (i.e. political posts).

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:37 am

Make the Forum Great Again...good move, Upland.

"In McVay We Trust!"

Ants
Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Safety Blitz wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:37 am
Make the Forum Great Again...good move, Upland.
Haha - I approve this message! :lol:

:idea: Let's win some games.

Robocop
Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:12 pm

I had to unfollow Turf Show Times on Twitter (which I solely use for sports) cus those assholes just care about posting political junk now. Unprofessional and abuse of their platform

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 am

Go Bernie!

"In McVay We Trust!"

Commish
Veteran

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm

UplandRam wrote:
I have notice a few political posts that have gotten way over the top. Some have been just bait flames.

Moving forward, those who wish to post political topics please do so in the off topic forum.

ASAP, I hope!

Plus without allowing any "partisan/ideological creep," meaning perhaps a one-line political remark as part of a post that's primarily football-related.

In other words, a post that's 1% partisan/ideological and 99% football-related should still be deleted... :) :P :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Commish wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm
UplandRam wrote:

ASAP, I hope!

Plus without allowing any "partisan/ideological creep," meaning perhaps a one-line political remark as part of a post that's primarily football-related.

In other words, a post that's 1% partisan/ideological and 99% football-related should still be deleted... :) :P :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
You mean like the "Bernie" post above? maybe he was referring to old time Ram player, Bernie Casey, but some how I doubt it.

Commish
Veteran

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Rammer wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 pm

You mean like the "Bernie" post above? maybe he was referring to old time Ram player, Bernie Casey, but some how I doubt it.
Possibly he was cheering for that "Bernie" jackass who classlessly mocked southern California Rams' fans when they lost their team to St. Louis back in 1995, but somehow I doubt it.

Agreed--it should be removed ASAP... :? :| :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."