Snead updates linebacker void as Barron return remains on the radar

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill
Hall of Famer

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Snead updates linebacker void as Barron return remains on the radar

The Rams officially released former University of Alabama safety turned big-league linebacker Mark Barron last week, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the four-year Rams veteran won’t be back for a fifth full season in horns, according to general manager Les Snead.

https://www.therams.com/news/snead-upda ... -the-radar

Rams News Now!
Get the Latest Rams News, Updated 24/7 Here:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/RamsNewsNow
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RamsNews/

malibu
Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:32 pm

It feels like Snead is intimating that the Rams could ask him back - totally pathetic. The Rams got rid of Barron first and foremost because he was the weakest member of our defense and every single Rams fan knows we need an upgrade at ILB. This is unacceptable. Our Run D was the biggest issue on the team and Joyners play was the second biggest issue. We sort of addressed the FS issue with Weddle maybe (better player but his age may be against us). We must fix the Run D and get more olb rush help. At a minimum we need a major upgrade at ILB and we need Justin Houston.

I am sick of people saying oh let's just plug Kiser in there. We tendered Littleton what happens if someone makes an offer for him and we don't match wr are screwed minus the second round pick. People say oh we can fix it in the draft which is a joke. We got lucky on JJ. The success rate of a first rounder is 50% and it dwindles after that we essentially don't draft until the 4th round only a couple picks in front of that.

We can't fix everything in the draft yes maybe at DT. There are no ILBs at #31 if we move back maybe the 3rd best. There will be no OLBs at #31 left the top 6 will be gone so forget that. I still contend we need some help on the OL and Bradbury would be great at #31 if still there but with all the holes on Defense at DT, ILB, OLB and back up corner we really can't afford to use our top pick on offense.
Last edited by malibu on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:41 pm

malibu wrote:
It feels like Snead is intimating that the Rams could ask him back - totally pathetic. The Rams got rid of Barron first and foremost because he was the weakest member of our defense and every single Rams fan knows we need an upgrade at ILB. This is unacceptable. Our Run D was the biggest issue on the team and Joyners play was the second biggest issue. We sort of addressed the FS issue with Weddle maybe (better player but his age may be against us). We must fix the Run D and get more olb rush help. At a minimum we need a major upgrade at ILB and we need Justin Houston
Barron was the best defender on the field for the Rams in the Super Bowl and was excellent all playoffs.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:09 am

With our Salary cap issues...

Bringing Barron back on a Vet Min Salary wouldn't be a bad deal...

brasilrams
Veteran

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:09 am

Dick84 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:41 pm
malibu wrote:
It feels like Snead is intimating that the Rams could ask him back - totally pathetic. The Rams got rid of Barron first and foremost because he was the weakest member of our defense and every single Rams fan knows we need an upgrade at ILB. This is unacceptable. Our Run D was the biggest issue on the team and Joyners play was the second biggest issue. We sort of addressed the FS issue with Weddle maybe (better player but his age may be against us). We must fix the Run D and get more olb rush help. At a minimum we need a major upgrade at ILB and we need Justin Houston
Barron was the best defender on the field for the Rams in the Super Bowl and was excellent all playoffs.
Still crappy for 16 regular season games thought. Really crappy. But I do think that if they let him go they better have someone better to replace him in mind.

HellRam
Veteran

Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Pass on Barron. He played well during the playoffs but with losing Suh and Brockers not playing like how he use too. This defense will need true 34 ILBs more then before. Our run D was not that great with Suh, it's time the Rams start finding some fits on D and quit with this hybrird D stuff.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 pm

HellRam wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm
Pass on Barron. He played well during the playoffs but with losing Suh and Brockers not playing like how he use too. This defense will need true 34 ILBs more then before. Our run D was not that great with Suh, it's time the Rams start finding some fits on D and quit with this hybrird D stuff.
Depends on the price to me.
If it's inexpensive... I'm in.
You also probably draft one in the 3rd round. Low cost way to ease in younger replacements.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

toast49
Veteran

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 pm

No on Baron. Played okay in the playoffs, but don't want to spend another season watching him whiff on tackles. No thanks.

ElAcky
Starter

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm

I’m ok bringing him back on a Black Friday discount

sanbagger
Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 pm

I think Wade prefers a bigger Mike LBer and they really liked what Littleton did last year at the Mike. I think there is a good chance they move Littleton to the MO (Barrons spot last year) and go with a bigger guy at Mike....and he could already be on the team,,,,,hint hint

Rate this topic