Rams salary cap update after initial free agency moves

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Ramsfansince66
Bench Warmer

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Snead lied, said Last year we had more cap space for this year...I understand who they signed ..Cant buy anybody now sad .He screwed this team signing these Guys.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Ramsfansince66 wrote:
Snead lied, said Last year we had more cap space for this year...I understand who they signed ..Cant buy anybody now sad .He screwed this team signing these Guys.
He didn’t screw the team with the signings. Donald, Whitworth, Cooks, Gurley, etc are damn good players and have had a lot to do with the turn around the last two years. Yes you can question if this player in hindsight signed for too much and for too long as well as should we be keeping this player instead of that player, but he didn’t screw this team. In fact he has big time improved it.

We would be the same fans bitching if we would have lost Donald etc...........

SoCalRam78
Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Rams now have to draft well next couple years and replenish. You cannot only build a team with expensive vets and by trading picks for vets. I have zero issue with what the rams have done. I do feel they wasted a pick in the Watkins/Cooks exchange but cooks is a better player. They got a comp pick for Watkins.

The only loss is saffold for now. Suh wasn’t great last year. Joyner was disappointing and Barron was always hurt.

Looking at the roster next two drafts they need help on all the levels of defense (brockers, Fowler and both corners are UFA next year). They need offensive lineman. I don’t see much need at WR, TE or RB other than the need for a backup RB. Should be cheap. Could draft one. Also need a backup QB.

Fan since 80s

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Just gonna bump this...
One of the reasons I love the Cooks signing is that he's a GOOD GUY. Yes, it's important to get production and value, and he gives them that... and he's reliable.
I'll never forget seeing him and his fiance (together since college) signing his deal. Low-key.. not over the top and you could tell they're good friends. That's the kind of guy I want to invest multiple years in.

edit add..

The thing that inspired this is the news about Tyreke Hill.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Raminec
Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Ramsfansince66 wrote:
I sense another troll has come to the board to spout out ignorance. Hello and Goodbye. Quickly on ignore list.

Rate this topic