20% Discount For Rams Fans

Trent Williams possibly on the trade blocks - Rams should consider

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
malibu
Veteran

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:25 pm

I know all the reasons why not and I get it.

We don't have the money
We have Whit
We have Noteboom in the wings etc.
We would need to give them something in trade
Why trade with the Rams?

All valid if not obvious points and most will harp on our Cap situation. I say this one is one of the most important positions on the team and getting arguably the best LT in football which solidifies the oline for the future would be a massive get as well as solve long term play at LT.

Whit is supposedly retiring after this season. When he came to the Rams Goff immediately started doing better. Goff never had to worry about his blindside same is guaranteed with Williams. He has 5 good years easily left if not more.

We do not really know if Noteboom will cut it. Like I always say the Rams go as far as the Oline takes us. In the Superbowl the C and RG got exploited. We have addressed that issue hopefully. So the question is what does Whit do if we traded for Williams possibly move him inside or over the the right side and put Havenstein at RG.

These are a just thoughts to an inpending issue that may arise after the season so by bringing him in now we buy HUGE insurance policy for Goff and McVay for the long term.

As for the money we will need to restructure several contracts, but this move helps the long term run of the Rams.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 pm

I trust from what the RAMs coaching staff are doing....
Bringing in young O-linemen that can grow with Goff....

Noteboom, Allen, and Demby got a year to learn from the RAMs top Vets, From Whit, Sully and Saffold…. and then we have the two new Rookies OT/G that can still Learn from Whit for this season...

So we will have young and fresh legs in our O-linemen for at least the next four years....

Plus I'm sure the RAMs will at least keep on drafting more O-linemen for the future, at least every two years... IMO

Then after Whit retires,,,, that frees up 10mil off the books...
In which, that part of the money is going to Goffs big contract...

So we need to be cheap in some areas of the teams position...… and for now, its going to be the O-line for the next 3 to 4 years...

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Rams are not going to “kick the can down the road” in regards to extending current players contracts. Doesn’t matter if some feel they should in order to obtain players like Williams.

malibu
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 pm

69RamFan wrote:

Noteboom, Allen, and Demby got a year to learn from the RAMs top Vets, From Whit, Sully and Saffold…. and then we have the two new Rookies OT/G that can still Learn from Whit for this season...

So we will have young and fresh legs in our O-linemen for at least the next four years....

Plus I'm sure the RAMs will at least keep on drafting more O-linemen for the future, at least every two years... IMO

So we need to be cheap in some areas of the teams position...… and for now, its going to be the O-line for the next 3 to 4 years...
I get all your points and they are logical, but what if Noteboom can't hold up and Goff gets creamed you all will have wished we had a player like Trent Williams. He is plug and play in his prime. We can get 5 years out of him and the run and pass protection will be even better. He is the best insurance a team can have. Our #1 asset is Goff we go as far as he takes us it is not next man up at that position.

Goff I'd going to get the big contract but he will be not as effective or possibly gets injured with a blindside hit.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:18 pm

malibu wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 pm
69RamFan wrote:

I get all your points and they are logical, but what if Noteboom can't hold up and Goff gets creamed you all will have wished we had a player like Trent Williams. He is plug and play in his prime. We can get 5 years out of him and the run and pass protection will be even better. He is the best insurance a team can have. Our #1 asset is Goff we go as far as he takes us it is not next man up at that position.

Goff I'd going to get the big contract but he will be not as effective or possibly gets injured with a blindside hit.
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm just looking at it logically.... Noteboom will get his first full year as a starting playing next to Whit,,,, and still learning from him... that would be a prove it deal going into his 3rd year and first year playing at LT when that time comes.....

I'm sure the RAMs coaching staff will be able to tell in what they have after this season when its time to replace Whit for the following year... If not, they could always make a trade or pick up a FA during that time frame...

As of right now,,, I like what the RAMs FO and coaching staff are doing....

From what I've seen during camp, pre season and from last season the few games he came in as a sub, I have no problem to start him at LT after Whit Retires...

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm

There's no cap room.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Rate this topic