Aaron Donald Says He’s Still ‘A Lot Angry’ About Super Bowl Loss

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill
Hall of Famer

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm

He may be a perennial MVP candidate, but this summer, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has only one thing on his mind: getting a ring.

Donald told CBSLA’s Jim Hill at the team’s Media Day event he’s still “a lot angry” over losing to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LIII – and he plans on using that as fuel to get better.

“If anything, it just motivated me more, that’s what I want, that’s what I needed, a ring on my finger,” he said. “To be that close, to be there and fall short just pushes you to work a little harder.”

Go to Full Article and Video--
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/06 ... uper-bowl/

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 pm

RamBill wrote:

He may be a perennial MVP candidate, but this summer, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has only one thing on his mind: getting a ring.

Donald told CBSLA’s Jim Hill at the team’s Media Day event he’s still “a lot angry” over losing to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LIII – and he plans on using that as fuel to get better.

“If anything, it just motivated me more, that’s what I want, that’s what I needed, a ring on my finger,” he said. “To be that close, to be there and fall short just pushes you to work a little harder.”

Course he's angry. Rams held patriots to 13 points. Nobody would have thought that they would have scored 13 and won. Rams only team ever to give up 13 and lose. Goff blew the chance. He's lucky donald didn't wring his neck.

grackler
Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 am

'Have to agree that Goff's spotty performance likely cost us the 2019 S'Bowl. But then, throughout his career (CAL+Rams), Goff has never really held up particularly well under intense pressure. And that's the last hurdle JG needs to overcome to become a truly premier NFL QB.

Can McVay and his staff help JG take this next, huge psychological step in his development? I think so, but the jury's still out, isn't it??

malibu
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 am

First off Goff had two TDs dropped by Cooks. One he should have caught one is debateable because the throw vwas late. There were drops, little Production from Gurley and most of all Sully and Blythe got skewered. Lastly the game plan never compensated for 5 man constant rush something Det., Philly and Chicago did - that is on McVay.

I don't want to diminish Goff's bad play but he was under pressure, not an lot of OL help, no Kupp etc.

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 am

MysticRam wrote:
RamBill wrote:

Course he's angry. Rams held patriots to 13 points. Nobody would have thought that they would have scored 13 and won. Rams only team ever to give up 13 and lose. Goff blew the chance. He's lucky donald didn't wring his neck.
Wring his neck? You don't really seem to get this Pro sports/team thing. Goff was a huge reason why the Rams continued to win all season and reached the Super Bowl. The defense was a big reason why many games were closer than they needed to be during the regular season. But so, Donald had no interest in wringing McVay's neck after the Super Bowl? Or the O-line being punished? Or the backs that failed on the day. Or the receiver's that were consistently covered? Yeah right just Goff. Very astute.

UtahRam
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:59 pm

I don't blame Goff at all for the Super Bowl loss.

Rammer
Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am

MysticRam wrote:
RamBill wrote:

He's angry? Good. Maybe this year he actually shows up to camp. Maybe this year the defense doesn't totally suck in the first half of the season and the Rams have a more balanced team. Maybe this year the offense isn't totally spent by the playoffs.

brasilrams
Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:26 am

Rammer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am
MysticRam wrote:
RamBill wrote:

He's angry? Good. Maybe this year he actually shows up to camp. Maybe this year the defense doesn't totally suck in the first half of the season and the Rams have a more balanced team. Maybe this year the offense isn't totally spent by the playoffs.
Good points. It took Wade Phillips 13 games to get his unit playing at high level. In that time frame our offense had to score 100 points to win games. As a result, our key players on offense got injured ( kupp...Gurley) and by playoff times our offense was burned out and couldn't produce anymore. We need a more balanced team next season for sure.

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:54 am

RamPower wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 am
MysticRam wrote:
RamBill wrote:

Wring his neck? You don't really seem to get this Pro sports/team thing. Goff was a huge reason why the Rams continued to win all season and reached the Super Bowl. The defense was a big reason why many games were closer than they needed to be during the regular season. But so, Donald had no interest in wringing McVay's neck after the Super Bowl? Or the O-line being punished? Or the backs that failed on the day. Or the receiver's that were consistently covered? Yeah right just Goff. Very astute.
Mysty doesn't do "astute", just agenda-driven nonsense, he's too emotional and misty-eyed...

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

clevelandrams
Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Nothing but a story. He's counting his money and sleeping on a untroubled pillow of luxury.
He bows to the all mighty nfl god that provides his riches. Not a care in the world

harkin
Pro-bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:35 pm

I blame McVay and the entire offense for squandering an incredible performance by the defense.

Our offense crapped the bed on the biggest stage after many here declared our HC an offensive genius. An offensive genius would’ve found a way to move the ball more than we did.

That offensive game was obscene to the sport of football. Any defensive player had a right to be bent but they need to channel that energy to getting even better.

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:54 am

To blame someone for losing a game to the dreaded pats with B and B is kinda silly I think.

Bill is a defensive coach. People who are defensive minded saw a weakness in our OL. Without a healthy Gurley that weakness can be exploited. Bellichek studied that Chicago formula and exploited our OL just as some thought he would try. He tried and it worked. A 4 man rush was getting in Goff's face all day. Goff never had a chance but if a couple dropped passes weren't dropped people would be sizing up Goff for Canton already.

Rate this topic