McVay: 'It's insane to think' Rams would move on from Jared Goff

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
RamBill
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10531
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 am

McVay: 'It's insane to think' Rams would move on from Jared Goff

By:Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams have yet to sign Jared Goff to a contract extension, which has inexplicably created some doubt that they ever will. That, paired with his struggles late last season and in the Super Bowl, have caused some to believe the Rams aren’t committed to Goff as their franchise quarterback.

Only, the team has said and done nothing to make that seem true. Sean McVay has offered effusive praise of Goff and makes it clear he hopes they’re together for a long, long time. He took quite possibly his strongest stance recently in an interview with Fred Roggin of NBC Los Angeles.

McVay was quick to call the idea of the Rams moving on from Goff ludicrous. Roggin said some people think the Rams might move on from Goff just so McVay can bring in his own guy, which Roggin said he thought “was insane.” McVay agreed.

“I agree, it’s insane,” McVay deadpanned. “I can assure you that is not going to happen. He ain’t going anywhere and he’s just continuing to get better.”

Go to Full Article--
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... e-move-on/


Rams News Now!
Get the Latest Rams News, Updated 24/7 Here:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/RamsNewsNow
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RamsNews/

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 am

Of course its insane
..as are Mike Florio (Foolio), Chris Simms and Misty-Eyed (Mystic).


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am

While I am not ready to annoint Goff to all time legendary greatness - I have to agree with McVay on this one. It would be insane to move him. We've waited too long for this and have come too far with Goff. Even, if at the end of his career we look back and say his weakness was that he wasn't so good in playoffs and super bowls. In the big picture. I can live with that. Worst case, he gets you there and then you win with defense and running game.



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:59 am

Rammer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am
While I am not ready to annoint Goff to all time legendary greatness - I have to agree with McVay on this one. It would be insane to move him. We've waited too long for this and have come too far with Goff. Even, if at the end of his career we look back and say his weakness was that he wasn't so good in playoffs and super bowls. In the big picture. I can live with that. Worst case, he gets you there and then you win with defense and running game.
Who's anointing Goff All-Time Legendary Status? Hes a Top 10 current QB in this League that you CAN win a SB with (as evidenced this past Season when as a 24-YEAR OLD, 3rd SEASON QB he was tied in the 4th Quarter of one) that we will have for 12-15 years. It would be insane to cash that in and re-enter QB Wasteland status.

That's why it's insane.


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm

It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm
It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett
Says the Know-Nothing, Schmuck...


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

DOOM357
Veteran
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 am

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm
It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett
You can't be a ram fan. Please just leave quietly and remember I said this to you.



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 pm

DOOM357 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm
It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett
You can't be a ram fan. Please just leave quietly and remember I said this to you.
He's not a Ram fan Doom. Seems like a Pathetic Loner, maybe like the Vegas Shooter-type...


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 am

DOOM357 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm
It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett
You can't be a ram fan. Please just leave quietly and remember I said this to you.

. its tough that you dont like my view.. I mean, your view is childish to begin with. Sports is entertainment, not a gang war.
I've followed the Rams since I was a kid. I just ordered 54 Harold Jackson Cards off ebay.
I am a sports fan. I'm also intelligent and know exactly what I'm watching.
lol I easily referenced Haden and Everett. non fans cant do that. Especially younger fans. My reference is obviously because i've seen this play out numerous times. Watch, I'll be correct and you'll conveniently forget it , or make an excuse about coincidence.
i'm the one that told you the team would be successful as soon as the move was announced. all the simple sports fans here thought Fisher would still be coach and that it was impossible to happen so soon. i'm Nostradamus compared to everyone here.



User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 am

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm
It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett
Says the Know-Nothing, Schmuck...
youll forget I said it, when he's gone and youll make excuses



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:05 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 am
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm
It's all a show. Goff will be injured or simply replaced during the season. Or let go when they lose early in the playoffs.
No matter how, he won't be around for the grand opening. He's a short term version of Haden and Everett
Says the Know-Nothing, Schmuck...
youll forget I said it, when he's gone and youll make excuses
No, YOU'LL have the "McVay" excuse at the ready when Goff prospers. Cant EVER be wrong with that one...


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

MysticRam
Bench Warmer
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:59 am
Rammer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am
While I am not ready to annoint Goff to all time legendary greatness - I have to agree with McVay on this one. It would be insane to move him. We've waited too long for this and have come too far with Goff. Even, if at the end of his career we look back and say his weakness was that he wasn't so good in playoffs and super bowls. In the big picture. I can live with that. Worst case, he gets you there and then you win with defense and running game.
Who's anointing Goff All-Time Legendary Status? Hes a Top 10 current QB in this League that you CAN win a SB with (as evidenced this past Season when as a 24-YEAR OLD, 3rd SEASON QB he was tied in the 4th Quarter of one) that we will have for 12-15 years. It would be insane to cash that in and re-enter QB Wasteland status.

That's why it's insane.
Win as Super Bowl with? :lol: They just tried that. How'd it work out? The Rams know what they have, and it is not a top 10 NFL quarterback nor is he a guy you can even expect to be competitive in the Super Bowl. NEXT.



User avatar
RamPower
Veteran
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:45 pm

MysticRam wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:59 am
Rammer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am
While I am not ready to annoint Goff to all time legendary greatness - I have to agree with McVay on this one. It would be insane to move him. We've waited too long for this and have come too far with Goff. Even, if at the end of his career we look back and say his weakness was that he wasn't so good in playoffs and super bowls. In the big picture. I can live with that. Worst case, he gets you there and then you win with defense and running game.
Who's anointing Goff All-Time Legendary Status? Hes a Top 10 current QB in this League that you CAN win a SB with (as evidenced this past Season when as a 24-YEAR OLD, 3rd SEASON QB he was tied in the 4th Quarter of one) that we will have for 12-15 years. It would be insane to cash that in and re-enter QB Wasteland status.

That's why it's insane.
Win as Super Bowl with? :lol: They just tried that. How'd it work out? The Rams know what they have, and it is not a top 10 NFL quarterback nor is he a guy you can even expect to be competitive in the Super Bowl. NEXT.
Yep, get rid of everybody that stunk. Goff, McVay, the O-line, receivers & TE's, backs...let's be Buffalo! (Miami?). NEXT.



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:45 pm

MysticRam wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:59 am
Rammer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am
While I am not ready to annoint Goff to all time legendary greatness - I have to agree with McVay on this one. It would be insane to move him. We've waited too long for this and have come too far with Goff. Even, if at the end of his career we look back and say his weakness was that he wasn't so good in playoffs and super bowls. In the big picture. I can live with that. Worst case, he gets you there and then you win with defense and running game.
Who's anointing Goff All-Time Legendary Status? Hes a Top 10 current QB in this League that you CAN win a SB with (as evidenced this past Season when as a 24-YEAR OLD, 3rd SEASON QB he was tied in the 4th Quarter of one) that we will have for 12-15 years. It would be insane to cash that in and re-enter QB Wasteland status.

That's why it's insane.
Win as Super Bowl with? :lol: They just tried that. How'd it work out? The Rams know what they have, and it is not a top 10 NFL quarterback nor is he a guy you can even expect to be competitive in the Super Bowl. NEXT.
So by you're logic, you cant win a Super Bowl with Mahomes either. Or Wentz. Or Luck. Since, ya know, they havent. You know so little about Football, are a Disgrace for this board, and probably a Douchebag in life.


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

sloramfan
Starter
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm

whoa!! hang on everyone... cleveland rams knows his shit!!!!

the old master schooled everyone with his "i mentioned haden and everett" take...

what a fucking, full of youself ,shit on a stick, retard...

haden wasn't 1/4 the QB goff already is... and what was everett's record in SB's? ... OH SHIT I FORGOT, HE NEVER WENT TO ONE!!!....

man, i'm tellin' you, you guys better not mess with the ol' sage cleveland, he really knows his shit... don't be fooled by the tin foil hat, it's a crown to him, the undefeated realist... LMAO i wish i could make this stuff up...

go rams

slo



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:20 am

sloramfan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm
whoa!! hang on everyone... cleveland rams knows his shit!!!!

the old master schooled everyone with his "i mentioned haden and everett" take...

what a fucking, full of youself ,shit on a stick, retard...

haden wasn't 1/4 the QB goff already is... and what was everett's record in SB's? ... OH SHIT I FORGOT, HE NEVER WENT TO ONE!!!....

man, i'm tellin' you, you guys better not mess with the ol' sage cleveland, he really knows his shit... don't be fooled by the tin foil hat, it's a crown to him, the undefeated realist... LMAO i wish i could make this stuff up...

go rams

slo
What a Complete Loser. Naming Haden + Everett to prove your Ram "fandom". Cleve just outed himself as a Football Simpleton.


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1133
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am

RamPower wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:45 pm
MysticRam wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:59 am


Who's anointing Goff All-Time Legendary Status? Hes a Top 10 current QB in this League that you CAN win a SB with (as evidenced this past Season when as a 24-YEAR OLD, 3rd SEASON QB he was tied in the 4th Quarter of one) that we will have for 12-15 years. It would be insane to cash that in and re-enter QB Wasteland status.

That's why it's insane.
Win as Super Bowl with? :lol: They just tried that. How'd it work out? The Rams know what they have, and it is not a top 10 NFL quarterback nor is he a guy you can even expect to be competitive in the Super Bowl. NEXT.
Yep, get rid of everybody that stunk. Goff, McVay, the O-line, receivers & TE's, backs...let's be Buffalo! (Miami?). NEXT.
LOL! Yes, let's dismantle an offense that was second in the league in both total offense and scoring, based primarily on it having a bad day when they were shut down in the Super Bowl.

The last previous team to score only three points in the Super Bowl was the 1971 Dolphins. However, despite the 'proof' that quarterback Bob Griese could never win a Super Bowl, head coach Don Shula foolishly stuck with him and also kept inept offensive players like Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Paul Warfield, Larry Little and Bob Kuechenberg on the team, rather than dismantling its entire "O."

Well, we all know how disastrously that worked out for the Dolphins over the following couple of seasons, don't we? (If you're too young to recall that, feel free to look it up.)

"Yep, let's jettison all of those bums..." ;) :? :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Last edited by Commish on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:20 am

Commish wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am
RamPower wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:45 pm
MysticRam wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Win as Super Bowl with? :lol: They just tried that. How'd it work out? The Rams know what they have, and it is not a top 10 NFL quarterback nor is he a guy you can even expect to be competitive in the Super Bowl. NEXT.
Yep, get rid of everybody that stunk. Goff, McVay, the O-line, receivers & TE's, backs...let's be Buffalo! (Miami?). NEXT.
LOL! Yes, let's dismantle an offense that was second in the league in both total offense and scoring, based primarily on it having a bad day when they were shut down in the Super Bowl.

The last previous team to score only three points in the Super Bowl was the 1971 Dolphins. However, despite the 'proof' that quarterback Bob Griese could never win a Super Bowl, head coach Don Shula foolishly stuck with him and also kept inept offensive bums like Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Paul Warfield, Larry Little and Bob Kuechenberg on the team, rather than dismantling its entire "O."

Well, we all know how disastrously that worked out for the Dolphins over the following couple of seasons, don't we? (If you're too young to recall that, feel free to look it up.)

"Yep, let's jettison all of those bums..." ;) :? :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Great Post Commish, but your.e using Reason and Logic to the Mentally-Challenged.


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

MysticRam
Bench Warmer
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am

McVay and Snead now know how fragile Goff’s confidence is. They know it’s gonna be hard to keep him propped up in 2019, now that he’s been exposed.



NorCal RF
Veteran
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 am

MysticRam wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am
McVay and Snead now know how fragile Goff’s confidence is. They know it’s gonna be hard to keep him propped up in 2019, now that he’s been exposed.
You realize at some point you will be banned again LARamsFan............



Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:54 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 am
MysticRam wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am
McVay and Snead now know how fragile Goff’s confidence is. They know it’s gonna be hard to keep him propped up in 2019, now that he’s been exposed.
You realize at some point you will be banned again LARamsFan............
Then the Board can get back to True Rams Talk.
Where are the Admins. on this?


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

Post Reply
Rate this topic