Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill
Hall of Famer

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Todd Gurley remains biggest question during Rams offseason

Lindsey Thiry
ESPN

- Todd Gurley II shook his head, then shrugged his shoulders.

At the outset of the offseason program in April, the Los Angeles Rams running back was asked if he was prepared for an offseason of questions about his left knee.

“I don’t know, man,” Gurley said. “Y’all ask the questions. It’s always something every offseason.”

Fast forward two months, and the questions and discussions about Gurley’s knee have remained atop the news cycle.

Perhaps because answers have been difficult to come by.

“Feeling good,” Gurley said Tuesday at the team’s training facility, as he stood at a podium and responded to more questions from reporters for the first time since April.

Go To Full Article--
https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-r ... -offseason

RamBill
Hall of Famer

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:16 am

Todd Gurley gives an update on knee before camp

By Kevin Patra

Any discussion about the Los Angeles Rams' 2019 outlook starts with a question about Todd Gurley's knee.

Just over a fortnight before training camp opens and we get daily updates on the knee injury that has fans, spectators, and fantasy footballers all scratching their heads over, Gurley gave a preview Tuesday night to NFL Network's Omar Ruiz at the Gatorade Player of the Year ceremony.

"It's good, man. It's good," Gurley said of his knee. "I'm just like, hey, we're going to find out in training camp, you know? Once training camp comes, you've got the preseason, but you don't have a lot in preseason."

Gurley sat out offseason workouts as the Rams managed his knee issue, which his trainer confirmed this summer includes an "arthritic component." As he indicated, the running back is likely not to do much in the preseason and could be brought along slowly in training camp. During the spring, coach Sean McVay repeatedly stiff-armed concerns about Gurley's workload, noting the running back was slimming down this offseason to handle the workload better.

For his part, Gurley said Tuesday night he doesn't plan to change his playing style to get through the season fresh.

Go to Full Article--
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... efore-camp

RamBill
Hall of Famer

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am

Todd Gurley reflects on what he'll miss most about Saffold, Sullivan

At the Gatorade Player of the Year awards on Tuesday, Gurley reflected on the losses of Saffold and Sullivan and what he’s going to miss about them not being around.

“Our off days together. It was cool, they taught me so much. To be able to be with Saffold my three times rushing for 1,000 yards and Sully to expand my brain and make me so much more knowledgeable as a running back and knowing defenses, being in the right position and protection. He taught me so much,” Gurley told Rams Wire in a phone interview. “And then to have a guy like Whit, it’s crazy, too. Very thankful for Sully and Rodger for everything they’ve done for me because I wouldn’t be anywhere without them.”

Go to Full Article--
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... -sullivan/

zackn
Veteran

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am

from The four biggest questions facing the Rams ahead of training camp

Vincent Bonsignore

https://theathletic.com/1069927/2019/07 ... ning-camp/
Gurley’s situation is more complicated.

There has been no declaration to officially explain what he was dealing with last year, just some vague explanations about wear and tear on a knee that underwent reconstructive surgery five years ago after Gurley suffered an ACL tear at Georgia.

The lack of hard information has led to rampant speculation and reports that Gurley is suffering from arthritis in the knee. Given how the situation always appeared to be more of a condition that needs to be managed rather than an injury that needed to be repaired, that makes sense.

If so, the question is to what degree has arthritis set in and can it be managed in a way that allows Gurley to still be a viable offensive force? And given the Rams’ lofty aspirations, how much can they lean on him throughout the regular season and playoffs?

That’s why training camp will be so important, if not fascinating for Gurley. After being held out of all on-field activities throughout the offseason — and presumably during preseason games — at some point, Gurley has to get on the field during training camp and let loose. How he looks when he does, and how his knee responds to the stress of running and cutting and planting at full speed, will be critical.

For both Gurley and Kupp, it’s all about the big picture of the regular season. Gurley, in particular, needs to show the management plan he and the Rams have in place will successfully get him through the season.

RamBill
Hall of Famer

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:05 am

Todd Gurley 'definitely not going to change' running style to stay fresh

By:Cameron DaSilva

Gurley was asked this week whether he’s going to change his running style or the way he plays to possibly stay fresh for all 16 games and likely the postseason.

“No, man. For me, I’ve been doing this my whole life, so it would be so hard for me to even try to change the style of my play,” Gurley told NFL Network’s Omar Ruiz at the Gatorade Player of the Year awards. “That’s not even me. I don’t even know how to describe my game. I’m just going to keep doing what I can do until I can’t do it no more. That’s why we play this sport. But I’ve been feeling good. I’m definitely not going to change anything. I’m going to come with that same mindset like third-and-1, fourth-and-1, I’m gonna try to go get it, so I’m just excited. I know it’s always been a lot of talk going on this whole offseason, so it’s just like, hey, it’s the offseason. That’s what everything is supposed to be about: speculation and reporting. And then once the season comes, you gonna see what happens.”

Go to Full Article-
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... le-change/

RamBill
Hall of Famer

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:54 am

Sean McVay shares another update on Todd Gurley: 'I know he's ready to go'

By:Cameron DaSilva

It’s almost impossible for Sean McVay to go anywhere without fielding questions about Todd Gurley from fans and the media, and that remained the case on Thursday night when he was a guest on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

At the end of a wide-ranging interview, Kimmel snuck in a question about Gurley and asked McVay how the Rams running back is feeling.

“He’s good. I think he’s feeling great,” McVay said. “I think one of the things about Todd is, (he’s a) great competitor. I think he’s earned the right to be able to have the plan that we had this offseason and can’t wait to get him back going. I know he’s ready to go and it’s going to be fun for the Rams this year.”

Kimmel asked McVay if Gurley is “100 percent,” to which the coach said “I think he’s feeling great.” It wasn’t a question-dodge, but he also didn’t say yes. For Gurley, it’s not a matter of whether he’s 100 percent healthy. With an “arthritic component” to his knee, he may never feel 100 percent.

Go to Full Article--
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... atest-news

Rate this topic