20% Discount For Rams Fans

Why No Aloha Trip for Gurley?

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Safety Blitz
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:03 am

Todd told he won't make the trip to Hawaii which is a red flag warning perhaps. Though #30 looked healthy recently it might be a reality check for fans hoping the elite RB is on track for another highly productive season.

Cool that Weddle is helping Goff understand the mind set of opposing defenses.

"In McVay We Trust!"

RamPower
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am

Hard to say about TG (not being with his teammates). But if I had to guess, I'd say since it was obvious he wasn't going to play, him not making the trip is just more rest within his training regimen.

Clovis
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 am

^^^
Red flag warning? Not sure where that comes from but run with it

toast49
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 am

No way to know until the games start. We know that McVay won't be upfront about where Gurley is at physically so everything is just noise till the action starts. We will find out soon enough.

RamPower
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:44 am

There's definitely been some secrecy about Gurley going back to last year, but there's probably a lot nobody even knows about regarding how the knee will hold up. They're just going with what they think will work out best I'm sure...

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 am

This is a RIDICULOUS thread.

Would Gurley have played in a preseason game if he was healthy? Absolutely not.

He’s also on a rest and rehab plan.. soooo... why take the trip when he can stay back & keep doing his work?

And.... everyone who’s seen him in action in camp has said he looks fantastic.

This is the furthest thing from a red flag.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

RamPower
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Dick84 wrote:

He’s also on a rest and rehab plan.. soooo... why take the trip when he can stay back & keep doing his work?

I agree with most of this of course, only regarding looking fantastic (which I agree he has from what I've seen also), then are all the players healthy and absolutely not playing staying home as well? Yes, TG is on a different regimen, one key there being "different". I think this year will be interesting for TG, but hopefully it will be more like All-Pro Todd G. once again obviously (tho workhorse seems less of a possibility).

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:28 pm

RamPower wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

I agree with most of this of course, only regarding looking fantastic (which I agree he has from what I've seen also), then are all the players healthy and absolutely not playing staying home as well? Yes, TG is on a different regimen, one key there being "different". I think this year will be interesting for TG, but hopefully it will be more like All-Pro Todd G. once again obviously (tho workhorse seems less of a possibility).

The ENTIRE offense is staying home.

As I said, this particular thread, is ridiculous.

We know Gurley will get fewer touches this year and is being monitored and managed.
It could flare up.

But... worrying about whether he’s traveling to Hawaii for week 2 of preseason????

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

sdram
Pro-bowler

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Thanks for introducing some common sense here Dick. The team will be better with the starters practicing in LA than wasting a few days checking out Honolulu’s night life.

RamPower
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:28 pm
RamPower wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

The ENTIRE offense is staying home.

As I said, this particular thread, is ridiculous.

We know Gurley will get fewer touches this year and is being monitored and managed.
It could flare up.

But... worrying about whether he’s traveling to Hawaii for week 2 of preseason????
Yeah I just read that. No way I'm going to argue with anything McVay has done while in Los Angeles.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:40 pm

I feel better knowing others are staying home.

You know me--' I'm a worrier.

"In McVay We Trust!"

STL Woody
Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 pm

Lol 😂 I was ready to jump all over this one. But Dick84 said every single thing I wanted to say. And better!

toast49
Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Gurley, in my opinion, has been the difference in the NFC West these past two seasons. If he's not right then the balance could shift. It's really hard to win a division in the NFL two years in a row, let alone three.

Rate this topic