20% Discount For Rams Fans

Spy Kamara the Entire Game

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Skyhook
Starter

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Kamara is an absolute killer and one of the few players in the league that truely scares defenses (and fans) and causes DC's some late nights trying to figure out the puzzle.

The Rams need to control him.... no 25+ gash plays and in this game I think Wade may play a ton of 3 safety personnel and use a Safety instead of a linebacker to blanket Kamara on every play. I'll bet Weddle would accept that challenge and handle it nicely.

Or how about Rapp or NRC? I wouldn't be surprised to see Talib or even JJ take him once in a while.

And as good as C Littleton is, we've clearly seen there are no linebackers in the NFL that can cover Kamara on slants, crossers, or swing passes. I hope Wade agrees.

What do you guys think?

:R

Idaho_Ram
Veteran

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:15 pm

1) No doubt, you HAVE to spy him the whole game.
2) As you say, the WHO is the tough part. Littleton, as athletic as they come at LB, can't stick with him at the top of a route. DB's - can they tackle him?

I would probably lean toward and NRC / Rapp combo. Weddle is going to need to read every time MP22 bites on a slant and go offer help on Thomas :)

Kamara is truly a scary dude to defend and has had his way with us in general.

Claremontram
Veteran

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Love this idea! Put Rapp on him all game long. Tell Rapp he is your new best friend. Follow him everywhere and hurt him when he touches the ball.

sanbagger
Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Not a fan of assigning a rookie that didn't get much PT in game one covering Kamara...just doesn't make much sense to me.

I think Wade learned his lesson from last year and I expect to see the D chip him as he heads out on routes.

Brees is excellent at killing the team that is blitzing...gotta be hidden

malibu
Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:03 pm

I would activate Travin Howard he should be able to stay with him he looked real good on preseason.

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:41 am

Rapp. That guy is intriguing. I haven't had time to read up on new players and I noticed Rapp in preseason looking good. Anybody have insight on Rapp? He seems to cover well but I wonder what his tackling skills are?

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:42 am

If we can run the ball effectively we can keep Kamara off the field

zackn
Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:47 am

Clovis wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:41 am
Rapp. That guy is intriguing. I haven't had time to read up on new players and I noticed Rapp in preseason looking good. Anybody have insight on Rapp? He seems to cover well but I wonder what his tackling skills are?
His tackling skills rank right up there, counting as one of his best traits. He's more of a sure tackler than a big hitter.

Here are some highlights from his pre-draft write-up.
Overview

Versatile three-year starter who combines tenacity with football intelligence to play at a consistently high level. Rapp isn't big, but he's well-built and durability hasn't been a concern despite his physical nature as a striker. He played all over the field this year and might be best-suited in a mix between down safety and two-high looks with the ability to cover tight ends. His coverage talent is average, but his run support effort and open-field tackling are clearly defined strengths that make him a relatively safe selection.

Football intelligence considered top notch
Despite compact frame, moves well
Able to handle man cover duties on tight ends
Impressive talent to diagnose and flow as box safety
Takes accurate pursuit angles

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 am

Thanks zack

harkin
Pro-bowler

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:41 am

Not sure if we need to spy him but we definitely to wrap up, he’s very good at shedding tackles.

Hopefully our tackling is better this week.

Rate this topic