Time of Possession an issue....

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
RAMFAN71
Starter

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:31 am

Looking at the stats from the Giants/Pats game last night, NE had the ball twice as long as NY. 40 minutes vs 20. They had over 100 yrds total rushing, and a solid pass game- 300+ yrds. I know the Giants had a lot of turnovers, and that was def the big deciding factor in the game. But once a good team gets the ball, they hold it for a sustained drive with a balanced attack. This keeps the defense fresh. Is our defense just gassed on the field because we don't tend to have many sustained drives?

The only game we had any gap in our favor on possession, was the Carolina game (33 vs 26 min). Worst was Seattle (24 vs 35min)
The Pats can run the ball and move the chains, something we HAVE to get back in our game.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

VIRGINIARAM68
Starter

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:38 am

I call this the Mike Martz syndrome,"Every play is designed to score a TD". This to me is why the Rams are failing. Instead of going for large chunks of yardage (pass), they should be playing for 10 yds at a time. Ball control and you wear out the defense. You only need to go down field (pass) once an a while to keep the defense spread. I don't know if anyone else sees it, but the Rams plays have become so predictable in their play call. Why aren't the TEs used more? Let's play like the Pats.

Rate this topic