Garrappolo...three step drop first read throw

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
unclesams
Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am

Go back and look at film from this year and last year before he got hurt, the guy consistently takes a three step drop and throws to his first read which is normally the slot WR or any receiver that's doing a shallow crossing route. This is why there TE Kittle suddenly seems all world. When you are getting targeted 11+ times a game, you cant help but to stand out each week. Wade Phillips MUST ease off that soft zone coverage this week and put some hands on these 49er receivers. If you throw Garrappolo off that first read, good things will happen for our secondary with turnovers and our d-line putting him on his back. Until our secondary takes away that first read, the d-line is going to have to get there hands up to deflect those short quick throws from Garrappolo. If Wade Phillips is successful taking away that first read and get Garrappolo off that comfort spot in the pocket, he will be able to blitz and get to Garrappolo. I can see Garrappolo throwing 3 ints if that first read is taken away and the defense blitz him.

Key injuries on the 49er offense is going to be crucial and without there FB, Wade Phillips must take away Kittle. If Kittle is taken away or atleast limited, Rams defense is going to beat up on the 49er offense. Matt Breeda does not have the build to ground and pound and that's why hes hurt all the time. Defense must hit him hard every time he touches the football and that will affect him especially late in the game. Ive said this before but the 49er defensive front four is overly aggressive and McVay MUST use trap plays between the Guards and quick screen passes. Goff has got to sell the screen pass and it's going to gash the 49er defense.

Lastly, the 49er secondary is not that quick and they are young. Richard Sherman is almost 100% of the time in a soft zone scheme because his speed is becoming an issue at 31 years old. Receiver are turning him in circles on out routes because hes playing so deep as hes afraid of getting beat deep. McVay has got to light it up with Robert Woods on those 10 - 12 yard sideline out routes, it will be there all day. Goff has some very strong passes to that right side of the field and they should exploit that all game. Those crossing drag routes to Cooper Kupp should be there all day the way those 49er CB's bail out. Hey, I'm no expert but my eyes do not deceive me from what I've seen with both the 49er offense and defense this far this season and last. Hopefully if I can see it, I pray McVay can see it on offense and Wade Phillips can see it on the defensive side.

Go Rams!!

RAMFAN71
Starter

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:43 am

We ask too much from the O when the D let's up 30+. Wade better show his vet talent and find a way to stop this SF team.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

UtahRam
Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:44 am

Linebackers need to step up and make plays this weekend.

Claremontram
Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:45 am

Uncle:

Nice assessment. I'm also hoping AD gets on track and their QB on his rear end.

clevelandrams
Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Kittle The tight end was all world Last year, being thrown to by A back up. He's just continuing his eliteness.
Lol at your arm chair coach assessment. Garoppolo isn't some lucky kaepernick, Trubisky ,Dilfer etc type of QB. Just like Goff is no future Elway.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Cleveland... I am wondering... are any of us ever... I mean ever going to see a positive comment from you? Damn, you must be hell to be around in person. Cheer up... the world doesn’t need more negativity... geezzeeeee

UplandRam
Site Admin

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Exactly Bigklein!!

clevelandrams
Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:40 pm
Cleveland... I am wondering... are any of us ever... I mean ever going to see a positive comment from you? Damn, you must be hell to be around in person. Cheer up... the world doesn’t need more negativity... geezzeeeee
that was a positive comment. It was saying someone is better, not worse.lol.
whats positive got to do with it? its about being right. You can hope the Rams do well all you want. It doesnt change a predetermined outcome. Positive ? I told you before the year began it would be a lesser year.I told you SF would have the better year.
Positive? I'm the one who told 3 Rams forums, as soon as the move happened, they would be successful / a playoff team in a year or two.I was right again
Positive? I told you they will succeed for the next decade. This just aint the year. I'm the most positive person here and can apparently get more predictions right, While you cherry Pick my wrong ones.
talking about a game you watch on tv has nothing to do with who I am as person.

clevelandrams
Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:56 pm

were you using your phone? here :)

bigklein
Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:45 pm

I was using a phone. Thank you! And thank you for the positive emoji.

Rate this topic