Talib out Gurley Doubtful

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
war room warrior
Starter
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:21 am

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:47 pm

That doesn’t make it any easier !



User avatar
RAMFAN71
Starter
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 am

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Or does it....??

Honestly, this does not make it easier.


"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2582
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Talib hasn't played well this year, think he's past his prime. Hopefully Hill won't be his replacement.



malibu
Veteran
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Where do u hear this from?



unclesams
Veteran
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Talib is almost a liability at this point...always out of position and gives up big yardage on every reception. I hope and pray Hill is not Talibs replacement. Hill is one of the worst CB's I've seen on an NFL roster...just being real. With the Gurley situation, I'm anxious to see Darrel Henderson play. That kid has some wiggle and is very quick, probably a perfect replacement for Gurley against the 49ers, they simply cant game plan for someone that has no film.



unclesams
Veteran
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Talib is almost a liability at this point...always out of position and gives up big yardage on every reception. I hope and pray Hill is not Talibs replacement. Hill is one of the worst CB's I've seen on an NFL roster...just being real. With the Gurley situation, I'm anxious to see Darrel Henderson play. That kid has some wiggle and is very quick, probably a perfect replacement for Gurley against the 49ers, they simply cant game plan for someone that has no film.



Idaho_Ram
Veteran
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:07 am

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 pm

unclesams wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm
Sorry about the triple post...not sure what happened there
I just figured you felt really strongly about it... :)



luckenbill56
Starter
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Something is going on within the Rams team things seem to be in disarray. Talib was done last year. Why is he out there? He does not tackle and is not covering anyone.
Defensively the entire eleven need a crash course in fundamentals especially tackling. Maybe Dick Vermeil can run the class. Because Phillips is not adjustung to the issues which are pretty clear and visible. Even Aaron Donald has gone missing. Today this is not a playoff team. Not sure what is going on? McVay is acting like he is in shock from the Super Bowl. Maybe we should go back to the beginning? Why was Gurley not voted as a captain? Again. Something is amiss. The attitude from the last two seasons is missing. I hope they step up, but I would not be surprised if they finished 6-10. They need to get their mojo back and blitz the Niners.



armyram
Veteran
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Something is going on within the Rams team things seem to be in disarray. Talib was done last year. Why is he out there? He does not tackle and is not covering anyone.
Defensively the entire eleven need a crash course in fundamentals especially tackling. Maybe Dick Vermeil can run the class. Because Phillips is not adjustung to the issues which are pretty clear and visible. Even Aaron Donald has gone missing. Today this is not a playoff team. Not sure what is going on? McVay is acting like he is in shock from the Super Bowl. Maybe we should go back to the beginning? Why was Gurley not voted as a captain? Again. Something is amiss. The attitude from the last two seasons is missing. I hope they step up, but I would not be surprised if they finished 6-10. They need to get their mojo back and blitz the Niners.
I don’t see much disarray at all. It’s a new season and teams have been game planning against us and been somewhat successful. I think that may even have caught McVay off guard a bit. Last season we were blessed for most part with injuries, besides Kupp. Our division isn’t a push over anymore so it’s definitely going to be a tougher road. I do think Gurley is getting to the point of being disgruntled, IMO, it’s more McVays game planning than it is injury related. It will be interesting to see how much he runs the ball if Gurley is inactive. As for not being captain, I’ve wondered that myself, maybe it’s because he hates Thursday night football 😁. I like to take each week at a time but if we stay relatively healthy AND get more balanced, I’m thinking 10 wins minimum.



armyram
Veteran
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Talib out = Peters lost in the backfield!



brasilrams
Veteran
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm

armyram wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:45 pm
Talib out = Peters lost in the backfield!
That is the main problem. Well they are gonna be running the ball most of the time so as long as we have a corner that is more physical then Talib in there I guess it is better for the team



User avatar
UplandRam
Site Admin
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:19 am
Location: Glendora, CA

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:03 pm

The double and triple posts are not your fault. There is a setting in the administration panel preventing his from happening. This setting went haywire in the last release of the PHPBB. I am working to find a resolution (that actually works).



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2699
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:56 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Something is going on within the Rams team things seem to be in disarray. Talib was done last year. Why is he out there? He does not tackle and is not covering anyone.
Defensively the entire eleven need a crash course in fundamentals especially tackling. Maybe Dick Vermeil can run the class. Because Phillips is not adjustung to the issues which are pretty clear and visible. Even Aaron Donald has gone missing. Today this is not a playoff team. Not sure what is going on? McVay is acting like he is in shock from the Super Bowl. Maybe we should go back to the beginning? Why was Gurley not voted as a captain? Again. Something is amiss. The attitude from the last two seasons is missing. I hope they step up, but I would not be surprised if they finished 6-10. They need to get their mojo back and blitz the Niners.
Entitled to your opinion but my opinion is yours is inaccurate.

Talib done last year? Where was he poor in coverage when healthy last year? This year name a receiver in the first 3 games that did anything against him? Granted the last two games he along with the entire secondary has been poor in coverage but again two games. First 3 games every one in here couldn’t stop raving about the D as well as national pundits. Yes he is a poor tackler but he has always been that.

Your defense comment again everyone had little to no problem with them the first 3 games. Again the last two games doesn’t make a season. Let it play out.

Donald gone missing? You are watching the games correct? Why do you think Matthews has the sacks that he has along with Fowler? The man gets doubled and tripled almost every play that is allowing other to come free. It has been mentioned more than once during broadcasts.

The McVay and the Super Bowl comment is getting old and tiresome. Blame him for some poor play calling games this year fine. But the man isn’t in “shock” from some game from 9 months ago.

Gurley not being a captain is not even worth talking about. The man is clearly respected by his teammates and him not being a captain has nothing to do with the apparent respect he gets inside that locker room.

6-10? Do you seriously think there are 8 more losses on the schedule when they have Arizona, Atlanta, Pittsburg, Cincinnati still on the schedule?



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9409
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:35 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:56 pm
luckenbill56 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Something is going on within the Rams team things seem to be in disarray. Talib was done last year. Why is he out there? He does not tackle and is not covering anyone.
Defensively the entire eleven need a crash course in fundamentals especially tackling. Maybe Dick Vermeil can run the class. Because Phillips is not adjustung to the issues which are pretty clear and visible. Even Aaron Donald has gone missing. Today this is not a playoff team. Not sure what is going on? McVay is acting like he is in shock from the Super Bowl. Maybe we should go back to the beginning? Why was Gurley not voted as a captain? Again. Something is amiss. The attitude from the last two seasons is missing. I hope they step up, but I would not be surprised if they finished 6-10. They need to get their mojo back and blitz the Niners.
Entitled to your opinion but my opinion is yours is inaccurate.

Talib done last year? Where was he poor in coverage when healthy last year? This year name a receiver in the first 3 games that did anything against him? Granted the last two games he along with the entire secondary has been poor in coverage but again two games. First 3 games every one in here couldn’t stop raving about the D as well as national pundits. Yes he is a poor tackler but he has always been that.

Your defense comment again everyone had little to no problem with them the first 3 games. Again the last two games doesn’t make a season. Let it play out.

Donald gone missing? You are watching the games correct? Why do you think Matthews has the sacks that he has along with Fowler? The man gets doubled and tripled almost every play that is allowing other to come free. It has been mentioned more than once during broadcasts.

The McVay and the Super Bowl comment is getting old and tiresome. Blame him for some poor play calling games this year fine. But the man isn’t in “shock” from some game from 9 months ago.

Gurley not being a captain is not even worth talking about. The man is clearly respected by his teammates and him not being a captain has nothing to do with the apparent respect he gets inside that locker room.

6-10? Do you seriously think there are 8 more losses on the schedule when they have Arizona, Atlanta, Pittsburg, Cincinnati still on the schedule?
I’m gonna agree with this.
You don’t go 13-3 every year.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Post Reply
Rate this topic