Shep Smith

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Gotta respect a man who would walk away from a big easy paycheck rather than work for an extension of the Trump White House.

Zero coincidence Bart had dinner with Murdoch this week.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:41 am

I go to bed in London and wake up and finding it hard to keep up with all the goings on..

All going south quickly

Ants
Pro-bowler

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:28 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're kidding, right?
Mark Levin has been on Shep's case for months...maybe even years.
Shep was apparently a fish out of water - translated: It's tough for a leftist to live in a normal work environment. :idea:

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Gotta respect a man who would walk away from a big easy paycheck rather than work for an extension of the Trump White House.

He was there a long time and I don't think anyone ever asked him to do that. After all, this isn't CNN. At Fox there has always been more of a clear cut off between news and opinion. He was in the news division. I know he was feuding with Tucker and he started to get vocal about it on his news show. So, maybe he felt frustrated working with a majority of conservatives that he didn't agree with. But nobody pushed him out., nobody told him to support Trump. If anything, maybe Murdoch told him that he just wanted him to report the news. Because he was a news anchor, not a night time commentator...... I know it's hard for you guys on the left to understand this with your blurred journalism lines.. To you it's all the same with your group think. Opinions are news and news is opinions.

Ants
Pro-bowler

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Rammer wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

He was there a long time and I don't think anyone ever asked him to do that. After all, this isn't CNN. At Fox there has always been more of a clear cut off between news and opinion. He was in the news division. I know he was feuding with Tucker and he started to get vocal about it on his news show. So, maybe he felt frustrated working with a majority of conservatives that he didn't agree with. But nobody pushed him out., nobody told him to support Trump. If anything, maybe Murdoch told him that he just wanted him to report the news. Because he was a news anchor, not a night time commentator...... I know it's hard for you guys on the left to understand this with your blurred journalism lines.. To you it's all the same with your group think. Opinions are news and news is opinions.

Dude, where have you been? You're a breath of fresh air in the "Off Topic" section. 8-)

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 pm

Rammer wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Good take but they're allergic to such truthful common sense.

Commish
Veteran

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Agreed--it had to be tough for him working there, as an objective, fact-oriented journalist... :( :cry: :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Commish
Veteran

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Ants wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Shep was apparently a fish out of water - translated: It's tough for a leftist to live in a normal work environment. :idea:
It's undoubtedly tough for a person committed to factual news coverage to operate in the House of Fabrication... :( :roll: :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Ants
Pro-bowler

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 am

Commish wrote:
Ants wrote:
You're kidding, right?
It's undoubtedly tough for a person committed to factual news coverage to operate in the House of Fabrication... :( :roll: :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Although FOX is right-leaning, they generally tell it like it is. They are a far cry from the lie-machines that CNN and MSLSD are.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:56 am

Ants wrote:
Commish wrote:
Ants wrote:
You're kidding, right?

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Although FOX is right-leaning, they generally tell it like it is. They are a far cry from the lie-machines that CNN and MSLSD are.
I’ve benn following for quite a while, it’s like 2 parallel universes in terms of news... actually quite crazy and no wonder everyone is so divided.

Yes I agree that cnn and co play a story up but man foxnews are just plain bullshit

RamPower
Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:
Commish wrote:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
I’ve benn following for quite a while, it’s like 2 parallel universes in terms of news... actually quite crazy and no wonder everyone is so divided.

Yes I agree that cnn and co play a story up but man foxnews are just plain bullshit
Yep, Fox "news" often doesn't try to be news. They have an obvious agenda to represent "the other side". It's why real news folks have left there.

I'm not saying there isn't an audience for it. There obviously is. And they still do have some good news people as well. But the nightly commentary is obviously no attempt at news reporting. It's merely Trump tv in the vein of all the other propaganda news outlets around the world (Russia, China, N. Korea, Arab states).

Seriously though, my only real problem with it all is Trump's obvious allegiance to Russia...and all the surrounding enablers of course. "Patriots" that couldn't be any more un-American. Trump LOVES dictators almost as much as he loves himself. It must be frustrating for him to not be able to duplicate the Putin playbook.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 am

RamPower wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:

Yep, Fox "news" often doesn't try to be news. They have an obvious agenda to represent "the other side". It's why real news folks have left there.

I'm not saying there isn't an audience for it. There obviously is. And they still do have some good news people as well. But the nightly commentary is obviously no attempt at news reporting. It's merely Trump tv in the vein of all the other propaganda news outlets around the world (Russia, China, N. Korea, Arab states).

Seriously though, my only real problem with it all is Trump's obvious allegiance to Russia...and all the surrounding enablers of course. "Patriots" that couldn't be any more un-American. Trump LOVES dictators almost as much as he loves himself. It must be frustrating for him to not be able to duplicate the Putin playbook.
Agree Rampower... foxnews is entertainment which is why they are successful. They don’t try and cover this up anymore..

Apart from Russia, its the climate stance that pisses me off...

I might get pissed if we Brexit and get raped and pillaged by US corporates and have chlorinated chicken on the counters but then I’ll probably move to Europe so won’t be such a big deal for me personally.

I don’t really care that much...

Ants
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:27 am

RamPower wrote:

THIS, ^^^ I just don't understand.
What allegiance to Russia?...you mean the sanctions he's put on them?
NK?...because he tries to be diplomatic and resolve the nuclear issue that the presidents before him failed to even attempt?

I just don't get the hate. Trump is OBVIOUSLY pro-America. Why is there such a problem with this? :?

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:40 am

Ants wrote:
RamPower wrote:

NK?...because he tries to be diplomatic and resolve the nuclear issue that the presidents before him failed to even attempt?

I just don't get the hate. Trump is OBVIOUSLY pro-America. Why is there such a problem with this? :?
The senate put sanctions on them not Trump.. he considered using his executive powers to veto at the time

Ants
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:
RamPower wrote:

The senate put sanctions on them not Trump.. he considered using his executive powers to veto at the time

But he DIDN'T.
Obama, however, DID make that crappy nuclear deal with Iran. Oddly, nobody in the MSM seems to care about how well that one is working out. :oops:

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 am

Ants wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm
ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:

But he DIDN'T.
Obama, however, DID make that crappy nuclear deal with Iran. Oddly, nobody in the MSM seems to care about how well that one is working out. :oops:

Let’s face it.... the only reason why Trump doesn’t like the deal where every other country in the works does is because he has a personal hate of Obama... childish

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:27 am

Ants wrote:
Commish wrote:
Ants wrote:
You're kidding, right?

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
85% of the people in the journalism business, print/media, are registered Democrats. Of course they are going to be skewed. Fox News is the only other outlet to see what is going on in the world. Everyone is so used to one side that when somebody else comes out and reports differently then everyone cries foul.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:58 am

Shep nothing but a coward so called journalist, more like news reader, couldn't take the heat and ran like the sniveling little shit he is.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Another day, another lie, another debunk

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s portrait pique and other distortions
https://flip.it/vxg-7p

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:15 am

ElAcky wrote:

THAT"S NICE...

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

THAT"S NICE...
Just part of a consistent picture

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

THAT"S NICE...
Agreed... You guys are consistent with the stale, fake news bullshit!

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:16 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

THAT"S NICE...
The only fake news on this one is the blatant lie that came out of Trumps mouth!!! Debunked by a number of foreign officials from his own administration!!!

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:29 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

The only fake news on this one is the blatant lie that came out of Trumps mouth!!! Debunked by a number of foreign officials from his own administration!!!
Coming from you = bullshit...PERIOD.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:29 am
ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

Coming from you = bullshit...PERIOD.
Your not paying attention.. his appointed ambassadors for other countries confirmed that a picture was not available for almost 2 years!!!

He lied plain and simple... why are you surprised anyway?

Rate this topic
  • Information