Gurley looked really good today.

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2947
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm

Running hard with power. Keep feeding him down the stretch, It aint over.



User avatar
Utah Rams Fan
Veteran
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:16 am

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm

toast49 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm
Running hard with power. Keep feeding him down the stretch, It aint over.
He is obviously not injured either.


Fan since 1969

Faulk28allworld
Starter
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:54 pm

But will McVay continue to use him? Minds telling me no!



FearlessTom1973
Starter
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Too bad that last TD run was called back. Beautiful play. Great blocking scheme. BOGUS holding call.



User avatar
UplandRam
Site Admin
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:19 am
Location: Glendora, CA

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:07 am

Like most backs, he needs to get in the flow of the game. That can only happen if he gets the carries. :) It's amazing what a better OLine can do - LOL



toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2947
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:08 am

O line has looked better since Blythe has taken over at Center.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10114
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:58 am

Gurley seems to be learning to run inside a little better as well.
His bread & butter outside-zone runs are gone.. but he’s fighting for yards.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Cornell29
Veteran
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 am

Faulk28allworld wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:54 pm
But will McVay continue to use him? Minds telling me no!
Imo, He'll use him, as long as he doesnt have any setbacks and the OL continues to block well. TG looks fresh and healthy, just in time for the December run.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2135
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 am

He did look good on Sunday but it's too little, too late. A December run appears to be unlikely.



Cornell29
Veteran
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 am

Rammer wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 am
He did look good on Sunday but it's too little, too late. A December run appears to be unlikely.
Why is it too late? The rams are only one game behind the vikes.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2135
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 am
Rammer wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 am
He did look good on Sunday but it's too little, too late. A December run appears to be unlikely.
Why is it too late? The rams are only one game behind the vikes.
Anything can happen, so I won't say it can't.

But it's week 13, it's December and the Rams are on the outside looking in. 3rd in the division. .... They played very well against the Cards but they are still that same team that got killed a week ago..... They have 4 games left, in 3 they look like underdogs, at least on a neutral field. The only team they can catch, has 3 of 4 remaining games where they are big favorites. They are not well positioned. Even if they do eke into the final wildcard playoff spot, then what? Do I even want to see them play an elite team on the road in the playoffs?



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 am
Rammer wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 am
He did look good on Sunday but it's too little, too late. A December run appears to be unlikely.
Why is it too late? The rams are only one game behind the vikes.
It’s not too late. Why some continue to say such..............



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm

“Even if they do eke into the final wildcard playoff spot, then what? Do I even want to see them play an elite team on the road in the playoffs?”

Hell yes I do! Play an elite team on the road? Just a reminder this Rams team is rather damn talented. They have shown multiple times with players like Donald, Brockers, Littleton, Fowler, Woods, Cooks, Cupp, Reynolds, Goff, Everett, Higbee, Whitworth, and Gurley that they can go into any environment and win. You now add Ramsey, Matthews............

Just get in period.



luckenbill56
Starter
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:14 pm

There never was anything wrong with Gurley. If you don't give the man the rock? What should we expect? McVay started the season in neutral he was shell shocked. He let the Super Bowl loss get in his head. The Rams played poorly versus Patriots. No question. However, NE did not exactly blow our guys out.. The Rams lost a game. It happens, but McVay let it get to him. Finally, the club is looking a little better, but unfortunately it may be too late.



User avatar
RamPower
Veteran
Posts: 1948
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Gurley ran hard (as he's had all year), and even had some impressive zip. That was as good as he's looked = something was obviously wrong prior. Wrong for the 2018 ALL-Pro/best back on the planet since last year's KC game, Bear game (when he heard a pop), etc...and obviously when he was shut down during some of the most important games in Rams history late last year. This year he has looked the same (inferior superstar Gurley) to varying degrees for the most part until the AZ game. Very encouraging. Let's see how the knee reacts after his max efforts last Sunday (fingers crossed).



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2135
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:01 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm
“Even if they do eke into the final wildcard playoff spot, then what? Do I even want to see them play an elite team on the road in the playoffs?”

Hell yes I do! Play an elite team on the road? Just a reminder this Rams team is rather damn talented. They have shown multiple times with players like Donald, Brockers, Littleton, Fowler, Woods, Cooks, Cupp, Reynolds, Goff, Everett, Higbee, Whitworth, and Gurley that they can go into any environment and win. You now add Ramsey, Matthews............

Just get in period.
Of course I would like to see them get in. Deep down though, I'm not feeling it. If they were sleeping and then they just all woke up then maybe but I think the problems on the team run deeper than that. Before I start to get hopeful, lemme see another game like this from both a) Gurley and b) Goff first,. 2 in a row. Of course without item (a) , we wont see item (b).



armyram
Veteran
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm

Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm
toast49 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm
Running hard with power. Keep feeding him down the stretch, It aint over.
He is obviously not injured either.
I never thought he was injured as much as it was believed. I truly believe McVay abandoning the run game too soon. But this is my stupid opinion. Maybe now that the O line seems to be doing something we can get that run game going



User avatar
HellRam
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Guy's having arthritis and a injury are two different things. Gurley was never, that includes the end of last year. However, it's virtually known he has arthritic knee. Thus the snap count placed on him. It's evident his burst isn't the same as well. He has evolved some as runner of late though.



Cornell29
Veteran
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:28 pm

armyram wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm
Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm
toast49 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm
Running hard with power. Keep feeding him down the stretch, It aint over.
He is obviously not injured either.
I never thought he was injured as much as it was believed. I truly believe McVay abandoning the run game too soon. But this is my stupid opinion. Maybe now that the O line seems to be doing something we can get that run game going
My guess is TG needed rest and the rams ol stunk. I find it hard to believe that Mcvay would just abandon the run. His entire offense is built of of play action. Goff is at his best when running play action. Mcvay stop running the ball for a reason, the rams OL was getting dominated up front. Before TG got injured, Mcvay ran TG into the ground. Mcvay had no problem dialing up runs. Theres more to the story, then Mcvay just not wanting to run. Like i said before, Mcvay offense is built off of play action.



armyram
Veteran
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:28 pm
armyram wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm
Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm


He is obviously not injured either.
I never thought he was injured as much as it was believed. I truly believe McVay abandoning the run game too soon. But this is my stupid opinion. Maybe now that the O line seems to be doing something we can get that run game going
My guess is TG needed rest and the rams ol stunk. I find it hard to believe that Mcvay would just abandon the run. His entire offense is built of of play action. Goff is at his best when running play action. Mcvay stop running the ball for a reason, the rams OL was getting dominated up front. Before TG got injured, Mcvay ran TG into the ground. Mcvay had no problem dialing up runs. Theres more to the story, then Mcvay just not wanting to run. Like i said before, Mcvay offense is built off of play action.
I understand this but he has other running backs in Brown and Henderson... it’s confusing to me.



Cornell29
Veteran
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:28 pm

armyram wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:44 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:28 pm
armyram wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm


I never thought he was injured as much as it was believed. I truly believe McVay abandoning the run game too soon. But this is my stupid opinion. Maybe now that the O line seems to be doing something we can get that run game going
My guess is TG needed rest and the rams ol stunk. I find it hard to believe that Mcvay would just abandon the run. His entire offense is built of of play action. Goff is at his best when running play action. Mcvay stop running the ball for a reason, the rams OL was getting dominated up front. Before TG got injured, Mcvay ran TG into the ground. Mcvay had no problem dialing up runs. Theres more to the story, then Mcvay just not wanting to run. Like i said before, Mcvay offense is built off of play action.
I understand this but he has other running backs in Brown and Henderson... it’s confusing to me.
Which leads me to believe it was poor ol play. Even when TG got injured late last year, Mcvay ran CJ into the ground.
The lack of run plays imo is tied to the poor ol play this year. I wonder if Darrell is having problems picking up the blitz, which is leading to his lack of playing.



Slickjack
Veteran
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Give him the rock ,he’s fine



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:11 pm

HellRam wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:07 pm
Guy's having arthritis and a injury are two different things. Gurley was never injured, that includes the end of last year. However, it's virtually known he has arthritic knee. Thus the snap count placed on him. It's evident his burst isn't the same as well. He has evolved some as runner of late though.
That;s how it looks to me. They held him back early on so he would still be closer to 100% later in the season. A guy with an arthritic knee can manage it...and I agree that it was never an injury (yes you're right an arthritic knee in itself is not considered an injury).

I agree he doesn't have the same burst and I agree in spite of that he has evolved as a runner.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Rammer wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:01 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm
“Even if they do eke into the final wildcard playoff spot, then what? Do I even want to see them play an elite team on the road in the playoffs?”

Hell yes I do! Play an elite team on the road? Just a reminder this Rams team is rather damn talented. They have shown multiple times with players like Donald, Brockers, Littleton, Fowler, Woods, Cooks, Cupp, Reynolds, Goff, Everett, Higbee, Whitworth, and Gurley that they can go into any environment and win. You now add Ramsey, Matthews............

Just get in period.
Of course I would like to see them get in. Deep down though, I'm not feeling it. If they were sleeping and then they just all woke up then maybe but I think the problems on the team run deeper than that. Before I start to get hopeful, lemme see another game like this from both a) Gurley and b) Goff first,. 2 in a row. Of course without item (a) , we wont see item (b).
JMO but some of you all’s speculation when you say “ the problems on the team run deeper” makes so little sense and is trying to find something that just isn’t there. It’s football. You are not going 13-3 every year. Clearly we saw how the new OL affected this team the first part of the year. It doesn’t run much deeper than that.

“Not feeling it?” Fine your opinion. But there have been quite a few teams to make the playoffs with four games remaining and a game out in the history of this league. This is so doable for this team. Again just take care of your business.



Post Reply
Rate this topic