Enough Goff is and will be ok.

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
Darrin75
Starter

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 pm

I’m not going to get into a heated debate, this is just my take. He is the best quarterback we have had since Kurt Warner. Period. He’s young, actually very young and has room for growth and improvement. Do I agree with the contract already maybe not but hell he helped get us the the super bowl and that’s what quarterbacks that can play above normal level and yes he did In 2017-2018. He’s had a tuff year but so has the whole team, so enough of this shit. He’s not going anywhere.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Goff looked great

war room warrior
Starter

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:10 pm

Darrin75 wrote:
I’m not going to get into a heated debate, this is just my take. He is the best quarterback we have had since Kurt Warner. Period. He’s young, actually very young and has room for growth and improvement. Do I agree with the contract already maybe not but hell he helped get us the the super bowl and that’s what quarterbacks that can play above normal level and yes he did In 2017-2018. He’s had a tuff year but so has the whole team, so enough of this shit. He’s not going anywhere.

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Darrin75 wrote:
Here here!! To the point n well said.

armyram
Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:24 pm

You can’t post and not expect a heated debate, especially about Goff! Wow, how boring would this forum be if we couldn’t have respectful heated debates. Saying that... he sucks, we should of taken Wentz, trade Goff, eat the money...now come at me!

armyram
Veteran

armyram wrote:
You can’t post and not expect a heated debate, especially about Goff! Wow, how boring would this forum be if we couldn’t have respectful heated debates. Saying that... he sucks, we should of taken Wentz, trade Goff, eat the money...now come at me!
Joking fellas! Breathe!

Rams since 95
Rookie

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm

toast49 wrote:
Goff looked great

Against Arizona.

That’s not saying much.

cdaly26
Starter

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Rams since 95 wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Goff looked great

Against Arizona.

That’s not saying much.
I'm happy with the win on Sunday...will be happier if they repeat that performance against Seattle..

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Rams since 95 wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Goff looked great

Against Arizona.

That’s not saying much.
I may have missed it, but I have not seen anyone comparing the Cardinals to the 85 Bears.
Don’t assume everyone on here — including some fans who have been watching this team eff up the quarterback spot for 45 years — think Goff won the Super Bowl Sunday just because they are celebrating a win and a good performance by Goff instead of dismissing the opponent.
It’s OK to be happy with a dominant win without the cynical “yeah, but the other team sucked.” Trust me. We get it. The Cards are not good.
But the Rams did exactly what they were supposed to do. If you lived through Spags, Linehan and Fisher, you shouldn’t be dismissing any win.

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Darrin75 wrote:
Yep. We have a chance to build the first long-term coach/qb relationship in franchise history. We have never had that, and it’s why we have never won multiple championships in one era despite all of our Hall of Fame players. Goff and McVay will make us contenders for a long time. I believe this season will be a valuable learning experience for both of them.

RamPower
Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Rams since 95 wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Goff looked great

Against Arizona.

That’s not saying much.
Evaluation is about context. Has every QB that has faced the Cards looked as good as Goff just did? Did every QB in the League play much of the year behind arguably the worst O-line, including very minimal run support? 

I'd prefer to project Goff (playing the Cards) as Goff against any other team once our O-line can produce something like it did in AZ. Goff has played in a Super Bowl. There's no doubt he can't do it again. His play is dependent on offensive surroundings, sure. But he's the one that needs to change the least in my opinion (along with his stellar receiving unit).

The Cards allowed our O-line to look respectable. Allowed Gurley to look pretty fucking good as well. Higbee also impressed. The whole playbook could be utilized again. You really think it was just about Goff playing better? Holy shit, there's so many factors that went into that QB performance...

RAMFAN71
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 am

Higbee is the prodigal TE. Big dude. Blocks. Great hands. Glad we extended him. Goff will get better if he's given the proper tools(OL, playmakers). True of any QB. They all suk when there's nobody to throw to or block. Brady is sort of in that situation now. But hey, lets start Wolford......

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:01 am

The dude has proven time and time again that when he's protected; he can be an awesome quarterback.

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:15 am

Darrin75 wrote:
Agreed that he is the best we have had since Kurt Warner. Imo, he is not the elite category yet but we can win with him, regardless. In the right circumstances, he can be deadly effective. Right circumstances--- He needs a run game, he needs a good line, needs to be in a rythm amd have the offense working in a flow. HIs weakness is without those things, he looks really bad, even worse than most starting quarterbacks would. - Hopefully he gets better over time with the weaknesses...... One thing I know, is that the kid is tough and resilient. I don't know how hard he works, how much time he studies, etc. If he puts the time in, I have no doubt that he can become an elite qb.. I am not questioning his work ethic, I just know when you already have the contract, the endorsements, etc. - it's hard to put that all aside and focus on getting better.

Rate this topic