Seattle and Wade...

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
RAMFAN71
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

This game will rely on Wade packaging a plan that stops this Seattle O. They have lots of weapons with a great 2 headed run game. And an MVP QB who is playing like he just discovered PEDs. Will see what he does. Will it be a Ravens debacle? Or an AZ shutdown? Either way, I think we need new blood in there at DC, but I hope Wade is actually working right now on this.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:36 am

Seattle has a rabbits foot up ass this year, they're 10-2 with a point differential similar to Rams. Just Wilson makes plays and they're getting every bounce this year.

Wonder where their season would be if Zuerlein hits that kick.
Last edited by SoCalRam78 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fan since 80s

toast49
Pro-bowler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:38 am

Rams are at home. I think we take it to the hawks in this one. I'm expecting a big Rams win. Go Rams

zackn
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:52 am

This game will rely on Wade packaging a plan that stops this Seattle O.
Seattle defense.

23rd in points
24th in yards
31st against the pass
18th in yards per pass attempt allowed
30th in qb pressures
30th in sack percentage
8th in rushing yards, but 23rd in yards per rush (teams pass on them)
20th in scoring percentage (percentage of drives ending in a score)

Where are they good? Turnovers.

As was said, the thing about this game is the Rams defense–can it contain Seattle's offense? This time though they will have Ramsey.

Even with a young “a year early” 2020 OL, the Rams offense can handle this defense.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Seattle’s first priority is to run the ball. You have to stop it. A repeat of Baltimore in regards to run defense equates to another ass kicking.

After that they are going to try to expose the CB’s opposite of Ramsey as well as go after Weddle and his lack of speed. No different then any other game since Ramsey arrived. CB’s not named Ramsey are going to have to play very well.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:05 pm

The whole thing about Wade is consistency. One game he will put together a good plan, the next game he will seem clueless.
Forcing Seattle to throw the ball is the entire key to beating them.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm

As zackn just said you can throw the ball against Seattle’s defense. That’s if you get them to respect your run game and play action.

RAMFAN71
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm

There's no other way to put it other than- play like your season depends on it. Cannot come out soft like the Baltimore game. They were fired up, we were limp. There will be no ass kicking IMO- Hawks are too good to take one. Gotta stop carson and Penny- and hope Carson has fumblitus again.....

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 pm

RAMFAN71 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm
There's no other way to put it other than- play like your season depends on it. Cannot come out soft like the Baltimore game. They were fired up, we were limp. There will be no ass kicking IMO- Hawks are too good to take one. Gotta stop carson and Penny- and hope Carson has fumblitus again.....
Yes but it’s a scheme/playing well in regards to reads, being it the right spots, not missing tackles etc also. Being “fired up” only goes so far. LB’s are going to have to be good in run defense period. We know damn right well Donald is getting doubled and tripled. Fowler and Matthews have to be more than rushing OLB. Those corners opposite of Ramsey or going to have to cover and make plays. Weddle has to be able to read and get to those passing routes in the middle of the field on time and not get exposed.

Claremontram
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:49 pm

We need to stop the Seattle ground game. Keep a safety in the box. Have Littleton spy Wilson.

Get Gurley going early and often. And let's throw the ball to Cooks too.

We will win this game.

Rams 30-Seaslugs 20.

RAMFAN71
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:10 pm

I agree emotion is just that. We need to make plays. If guy miss tackles and don't wrap up, well we don't belong in the game. But the DC needs to tell these guys where to be on given situations (I think that's his job). So yes, stopping the run will depend on how Wade goes about it. Clog the box and play man? Spread 6 up front like they do to TGII all the time? Up to Wade to win this game. I will be surprised if we keep them under 17 points and still lose due to an inept offense. Need to gel starting.....now!

RamPower
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:26 pm

Other than Wilson (and their overall record obviously), SEA hasn't been very impressive this year. Up here in the Pacific NW, I'm force-fed their games (I always watch until a SEA win is obvious), and they could have lost 8 or 9 games with very little help (again Wilson is hard to kill off as I've always said). They've had problems putting pressure on opposing QB's all year, and beyond great LB's, not much special going on with their defense.

Was their impressive win over the whiners fools gold, or have they turned a corner? Based on the MINN game last night, I say they still look like an average NFL team = very beatable to say the least. Again their season record is awfully misleading...SEA favored by one fucking point should tell us how "intimidating" their record is.

Btw, Saints favored over whiners by a couple. It's getting very interesting...

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:07 pm

RAMFAN71 wrote:
I agree emotion is just that. We need to make plays. If guy miss tackles and don't wrap up, well we don't belong in the game. But the DC needs to tell these guys where to be on given situations (I think that's his job). So yes, stopping the run will depend on how Wade goes about it. Clog the box and play man? Spread 6 up front like they do to TGII all the time? Up to Wade to win this game. I will be surprised if we keep them under 17 points and still lose due to an inept offense. Need to gel starting.....now!
Stopping Seattle will come down to those players on the field. What Seattle plans on doing will be no surprise to any of them. Why we put so much emphasis on what a coach does on a sidelines........... They will be prepared during the week but it’s the players that have to execute the damn plan. If they play poorly it will be because they as players played poorly period.

armyram
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:16 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Seattle has a rabbits foot up ass this year, they're 10-2 with a point differential similar to Rams. Just Wilson makes plays and they're getting every bounce this year.

I wish y’all would let that GZ kick go! I tell you where they would be... instead of 10-2, they would be 9-3, we would be 8-4 but it doesn’t account for our performance throughout the year. Did you see the game last night... Wilson is the ultimate warrior and team leader, he told his team that he’s going to win the game. It’s not a rabbits foot, it’s determination and fortitude. Rabbits foot is the “no call” we got by on.

Slickjack
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:02 pm

We have not had the luxury of Ramsey in the past, but who does he take this game? They have 3 good options at receiver.

Raminec
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:05 pm

armyram wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

I wish y’all would let that GZ kick go! I tell you where they would be... instead of 10-2, they would be 9-3, we would be 8-4 but it doesn’t account for our performance throughout the year. Did you see the game last night... Wilson is the ultimate warrior and team leader, he told his team that he’s going to win the game. It’s not a rabbits foot, it’s determination and fortitude. Rabbits foot is the “no call” we got by on.
That wasn’t a rabbits foot. It was definitely a blown call but it didn’t entail luck. Even after passing the stupid challenge rule the referees are human and miss calls and even though it’s obvious on the replay they don’t overturn many of them. Saints got screwed but bottom line they still had the ball, kicked a FG to go ahead and failed to hold the lead. Then in overtime they had the ball first with a chance to win the game with a touchdown. They choked. The rest is history. If you have been a Rams fan long enough you will remember a lot of the phantom missed calls back in the 70’s when the Rams were on the short end of those calls and were eliminated by usually the Vikings. They didn’t change the rules back then. Teams didn’t whine and complain. They moved on to the next play. No super slo motion replay. A catch was a catch and a fumble was a fumble. My point is in the real glory days of the NFL teams didn’t blame the referees. The Rams earned their way to the Super Bowl last season and just because they played poorly in that game it doesn’t diminish that accomplishment. No matter how much the media and some fans continue to try to diminish it.

armyram
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Raminec wrote:
armyram wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

That wasn’t a rabbits foot. It was definitely a blown call but it didn’t entail luck. Even after passing the stupid challenge rule the referees are human and miss calls and even though it’s obvious on the replay they don’t overturn many of them. Saints got screwed but bottom line they still had the ball, kicked a FG to go ahead and failed to hold the lead. Then in overtime they had the ball first with a chance to win the game with a touchdown. They choked. The rest is history. If you have been a Rams fan long enough you will remember a lot of the phantom missed calls back in the 70’s when the Rams were on the short end of those calls and were eliminated by usually the Vikings. They didn’t change the rules back then. Teams didn’t whine and complain. They moved on to the next play. No super slo motion replay. A catch was a catch and a fumble was a fumble. My point is in the real glory days of the NFL teams didn’t blame the referees. The Rams earned their way to the Super Bowl last season and just because they played poorly in that game it doesn’t diminish that accomplishment. No matter how much the media and some fans continue to try to diminish it.
Well if you won’t “what if” the no call then don’t “what if” the GZ miss! Like the blown call, it’s a blown kick, we lost and we are where we are at!

Raminec
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:12 pm

armyram wrote:
Raminec wrote:
armyram wrote:

Well if you won’t “what if” the no call then don’t “what if” the GZ miss! Like the blown call, it’s a blown kick, we lost and we are where we are at!
I don’t what if the Zuerlein miss. That was human error just like the blown call. I didn’t hear anything from McVay or the Rams saying that the Rams should have won the game if not for the missed kick. It was a kick he makes 90% of the time but that night was the other 10%. Saints got screwed but still got points and couldn’t stop the Rams from getting into field goal range to tie the game and then blew an opportunity to win the game in OT. Rams caught a break but still had to overcome a lead to tie and then make plays in OT to win on two very difficult kicks by Zuerlein. Rams will have to play much better than they did in Seattle the first game because Seattle is a much better team at this point in the season. They can’t let the game come down to a kick. They need to play well and take care of the ball. I think they can beat Seattle but it’s probably going to be a back and forth struggle like both games the two teams played last season. The Rams will have to play their best game of the season but I believe they can get the job done. Then again I’m an optimist and of course a Rams fan. I’ve been called a homer or a blind loyalist. Don’t really care.

armyram
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Raminec wrote:
armyram wrote:
Raminec wrote:

I don’t what if the Zuerlein miss. That was human error just like the blown call. I didn’t hear anything from McVay or the Rams saying that the Rams should have won the game if not for the missed kick. It was a kick he makes 90% of the time but that night was the other 10%. Saints got screwed but still got points and couldn’t stop the Rams from getting into field goal range to tie the game and then blew an opportunity to win the game in OT. Rams caught a break but still had to overcome a lead to tie and then make plays in OT to win on two very difficult kicks by Zuerlein. Rams will have to play much better than they did in Seattle the first game because Seattle is a much better team at this point in the season. They can’t let the game come down to a kick. They need to play well and take care of the ball. I think they can beat Seattle but it’s probably going to be a back and forth struggle like both games the two teams played last season. The Rams will have to play their best game of the season but I believe they can get the job done. Then again I’m an optimist and of course a Rams fan. I’ve been called a homer or a blind loyalist. Don’t really care.
Lol, you're not a homer, you're a fan that the glass is half full instead of half empty and pushing your point and you do make a valid argument. At the same time, I'm in no means a Goff hater but I just don't believe in him and you know something, I hope all the SO CALLED "homers" prove me wrong and I eat a lot of crow. Now that my blind sided anger is gone after the Baltimore beating, (I was so disappointed, I couldn't even enjoy the Cardinals beat down by our team), I believe we can beat the Seahawks because, as you said, it's always back and forth with the Seahawks and we are a damn good team when we want to be. But damn, if we lose and I have to watch Pete Carrol, who I respect, chomping his gum and pumping his fist and see another Seahawks over the top celebration dance... I'm done for the year!
I agree...The Rams will have to play their best game of the year next week and for every game after and hope Vikings slip up. Big if... Vikings know we are on their ass. Seattle and San Fran fighting for division leader and Dallas too. We have a rough road ahead of us..

Raminec
Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm

armyram wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 pm
Raminec wrote:
armyram wrote:

Lol, you're not a homer, you're a fan that the glass is half full instead of half empty and pushing your point and you do make a valid argument. At the same time, I'm in no means a Goff hater but I just don't believe in him and you know something, I hope all the SO CALLED "homers" prove me wrong and I eat a lot of crow. Now that my blind sided anger is gone after the Baltimore beating, (I was so disappointed, I couldn't even enjoy the Cardinals beat down by our team), I believe we can beat the Seahawks because, as you said, it's always back and forth with the Seahawks and we are a damn good team when we want to be. But damn, if we lose and I have to watch Pete Carrol, who I respect, chomping his gum and pumping his fist and see another Seahawks over the top celebration dance... I'm done for the year!
I agree...The Rams will have to play their best game of the year next week and for every game after and hope Vikings slip up. Big if... Vikings know we are on their ass. Seattle and San Fran fighting for division leader and Dallas too. We have a rough road ahead of us..
I get your point. I have the same nervous feeling about Goff but want to believe he’s going to turn it around. I know the Arizona game although impressive doesn’t change the narrative. I really believe that the Rams overachieved last year. Not because of the New Orleans missed call but rather that they had a lot of fortune to win so many close games where things worked out for them and this year partly because of some of the variables ( Gurley’s health, the O line and admittedly Goff’s performance things have gone south I guess I’m just holding on to the hope that they can fix things because I don’t want to see a repeat of the collapse after the GSOT teams and the dry spell that followed. I respect your opinion and hope that regardless of whether this team can find a way to sneak into the playoffs this year they at least finish the season strong and dispel some of the question marks that the struggles of this season have raised. It just seemed like everything was going great and now everything seems on the verge of completely falling apart. Don’t want to go through another 10 years of futility. But I do admit that I can have blind loyalty and sometimes let my loyalty get in the way of listening to others point of view. Long way of saying we are all Rams fans and want the best for the team but have different ways of expressing that. Hopefully this Sunday our team will answer the bell and play their best.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:00 am

armyram wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

Jumping in that missed kick was huge. 8-4 has us in the sixth seed right now and one game behind Seattle for the 5th. Or at least has us holding our own fate these remaining 4 games. Yes you have to move on but that kick is the most important play of the season so far.

RAMFAN71
Veteran

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:07 pm
RAMFAN71 wrote:
Stopping Seattle will come down to those players on the field. What Seattle plans on doing will be no surprise to any of them. Why we put so much emphasis on what a coach does on a sidelines........... They will be prepared during the week but it’s the players that have to execute the damn plan. If they play poorly it will be because they as players played poorly period.
True. But....the coach does setup the game plan. Who spy's Wilson. What packages to run on given downs/situations. You can't just think the players make it up in the huddle. They have to execute. Agree there. But the Pats are not great because they have such great players. Coach has great Defensive game plan.

armyram
Veteran

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:00 am
armyram wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

Jumping in that missed kick was huge. 8-4 has us in the sixth seed right now and one game behind Seattle for the 5th. Or at least has us holding our own fate these remaining 4 games. Yes you have to move on but that kick is the most important play of the season so far.
Got a point !

Rate this topic