Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Dick84 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 pm
Dick84 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 pm

I'm saying I have no idea where the "coverage" thing comes from when the secondary is producing at a higher level than last year.
You seem to think his ability to organize the D and get everyone on the same page doesn't apply to the package of his performance. Because, to me, when that's what he was primarily brought in for.
So.. to me... that's the 1st priority in evaluating him... how is he getting the D lined up? Second is he's fine in coverage.. the Rams pass defense has taken a jump this year.

And.. again... his leadership is what the team wanted... but PFF has graded his play a 75.. which is good and higher than any of the Rams newcomers.
Again we will agree to disagree. What you are stating is yes part of his performance but I just don’t think he has been great in coverage. Good ok but not great. That jump you are referring to if you want to give him credit for his play calling as a contributing factor to that number then fine I’m good with it but in regards to actual play I think others have contributed more to that stat then him.

JMO.
Who?
How?
And... back to the original question... where does he rank on newcomers?
I had him rated 4th, you think that’s too high? Tell me why.
I’m not understanding the newcomer and rated 4th comment..........

Even though it’s just six games I feel Johnson was better in coverage. Rapp has been over the last few games. Early on no but lately yes. I’m not sure if are we including CB’s but clearly Ramsey is and I feel Robey - Coleman has too.

I think we are debating “apple and oranges”. I said he has been ok to good. Not bad or a “embarrassment”. You view his play better than that. I get he has held that unit all together during injuries and trades. And yes it counts. I just don’t feel as much as your are meriting which is fine.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:51 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Again we will agree to disagree. What you are stating is yes part of his performance but I just don’t think he has been great in coverage. Good ok but not great. That jump you are referring to if you want to give him credit for his play calling as a contributing factor to that number then fine I’m good with it but in regards to actual play I think others have contributed more to that stat then him.

JMO.
Who?
How?

Even though it’s just six games I feel Johnson was better in coverage. Rapp has been over the last few games. Early on no but lately yes. I’m not sure if are we including CB’s but clearly Ramsey is and I feel Robey - Coleman has too.

I think we are debating “apple and oranges”. I said he has been ok to good. Not bad or a “embarrassment”. You view his play better than that. I get he has held that unit all together during injuries and trades. And yes it counts. I just don’t feel as much as your are meriting which is fine.
The topic is best newcomer.

I put out a list

Ramsey
Matthews
Rapp
Weddle
Edwards

Someone challenged that placement of Weddle & I’m defending that.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:52 pm

Dick84 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Who?
How?

I put out a list

Ramsey
Matthews
Rapp
Weddle
Edwards

I’m sorry the topic of thread went right over my head within our discussion. Thanks for the clarification.

My list as it relates to the thread would be very similar. Fact is there are only a few more players to choose from not on your list. It’s not like the names to choose from our plentiful. It’s why I didn’t respond to the thread but I have OP blocked anyways.

The ranking though for this thread I don’t feel has much to do with what we side barred away from this thread’s topic. Our conversation as to do with all of the secondary not the newcomers in general IMO. But staying within the topic of thread yes he has been top 5.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:02 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:52 pm
Dick84 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

I put out a list

Ramsey
Matthews
Rapp
Weddle
Edwards

I’m sorry the topic of thread went right over my head within our discussion. Thanks for the clarification.

My list as it relates to the thread would be very similar. Fact is there are only a few more players to choose from not on your list. It’s not like the names to choose from our plentiful. It’s why I didn’t respond to the thread but I have OP blocked anyways.

The ranking though for this thread I don’t feel has much to do with what we side barred away from this thread’s topic. Our conversation as to do with all of the secondary not the newcomers in general IMO. But staying within the topic of thread yes he has been top 5.
If we're talking about the secondary, discounting one of two guys that have been constant, who's played 91% of snaps at a pff 75 grade, while being responsible for lining everyone up... I would say he's important. And I would say comments on his play are, at best, anecdotal, and don't take into account how his positioning and play impact opposing passing games.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Slickjack
Veteran

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Ramsey
Clay
Henderson (he will roll, eventually)

bigklein
Veteran

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 am

Waddle is like another coach out there, and I think we have just recently started to see how his calls are also helping players like Littleton, who had to adjust from having that role formerly.

That said, Edwards may have filled the most crucial role at a most dramatic time. Incredibly as a rookie, he actually elevated the O line play in general. There were a couple of dud games in there, obviously, but imagine if he hadn’t been drafted and thrown into the fire.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:16 am

I wish Weddle could be our Bob Sanders.

Rate this topic