Ukraine plane shot down by an iranian missile?

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:10 am

Latest post of the previous page:

ElAcky wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:01 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 am
ElAcky wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:15 am

Where have we achieved peace in the last 50 years?
Rwanda... Remember all the fighting, bloodshed, Genocide … destitution???
The side that wanted a democratic capitalist system won their civil war, with minimal UN support. They changed everything and are now a rapidly growing African Country more at peace than most that has improved lifestyle, life expectancy, Poverty, Healtcare, Crime and corruption because they enforce their laws now unbiasedly..
They also adapted English and French as additional Official National Languages....
Without external interference... exactly my point!!!
You are almost making a point for war here, Elacky. You are talking about those that survived a terrible war and genocide. Some estimates put it at 77% population reduction of tutsis, mostly murdered. Many of the people involved in this slaughter are still there, living without consequence like nothing happened. Shouldn't we have intervened to stop that genocide? Bill Clinton who was President thinks not doing so was his biggest mistake. I don't have all of the answers but at a certain point there is a line where it is better to intervene. I think at least for that part, the world should have.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 am

ElAcky wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:15 pm
Dick84 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:36 pm

agree. this evil SOB had to be eliminated and the michael moore's of the world need to go away.
Oversimplification.

I apply consistent logic... when you take certain actions, you don’t get to control the outcome. But you have to accept the consequences.
I highly doubt Soleimani would have achieved those consequences if still alive!
how the hell do you know?? you guys on the left scold the U.S., specifically Trump, for taking this guy out but most of the world didn't know how evil this guy was. in your world you would have let Hitler just keep on doing what he was doing.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:24 am

Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 am

Rwanda... Remember all the fighting, bloodshed, Genocide … destitution???
The side that wanted a democratic capitalist system won their civil war, with minimal UN support. They changed everything and are now a rapidly growing African Country more at peace than most that has improved lifestyle, life expectancy, Poverty, Healtcare, Crime and corruption because they enforce their laws now unbiasedly..
They also adapted English and French as additional Official National Languages....
You are almost making a point for war here, Elacky. You are talking about those that survived a terrible war and genocide. Some estimates put it at 77% population reduction of tutsis, mostly murdered. Many of the people involved in this slaughter are still there, living without consequence like nothing happened. Shouldn't we have intervened to stop that genocide? Bill Clinton who was President thinks not doing so was his biggest mistake. I don't have all of the answers but at a certain point there is a line where it is better to intervene. I think at least for that part, the world should have.
I think your not thinking this through... if you count the total devastation of the Iraq war versus leaving things as they were until there was an uprising then I’m sure the numbers stack up... could also say same about Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan etc etc...
When you have war with a super power like the US against a population of effectively shepherds... the death toll goes ways beyond the numbers reported.. you need to look at people killed by desease, displacement, starvation etc which of course are not reported.

Best to let them solve it themselves and stop trying to be so greedy!!

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:38 am

ElAcky wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:24 am
Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I think your not thinking this through... if you count the total devastation of the Iraq war versus leaving things as they were until there was an uprising then I’m sure the numbers stack up... could also say same about Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan etc etc...
When you have war with a super power like the US against a population of effectively shepherds... the death toll goes ways beyond the numbers reported.. you need to look at people killed by desease, displacement, starvation etc which of course are not reported.

Best to let them solve it themselves and stop trying to be so greedy!!
I don't agree. We just can't sit back and let everything just happen. Everything is not about greed. We made plenty of mistakes in our role as world policeman. We often intervene when we shouldn't or don't think out the aftermath. Not gonna argue that. But I would contend that the world is a far better place because the US is a super power. When we weren't, we had even worse things going on all over the world. We also had WWI and then WWII.
Last edited by Rammer on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 am

Now the Mullahs are threatening EU troops and Elacky's in here swallowing their junk...

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Now the Mullahs are threatening EU troops and Elacky's in here swallowing their junk...
Nice one... Mr Uninformed

You refuse to look at why people hate the US...

The only thing the west needs to do is remotely keep China and Russia in check and bring them closer...

You don’t need to love a single troop for that

Ants
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:19 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

The only thing the west needs to do is remotely keep China and Russia in check and bring them closer...

So simple! Why hasn't anyone thought of this since it started about 1000 years ago???? :roll:

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 am

Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

So simple! Why hasn't anyone thought of this since it started about 1000 years ago???? :roll:
Because we didn’t have a global economy back then !!!

Ants
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 am

ElAcky wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 am
Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Because we didn’t have a global economy back then !!!

Or the internet! :roll:

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:46 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

I don't care why YOU hate the USA and I reject your continued bullshit act of you thinking you speak for anybody but yourself.
You've proven time and again AFAIC that you bring nothing believable and can't be trusted to speak legitimately about shit without quoting somebodies concocted Bullshit.

Rate this topic
  • Information