Plaschke: Rams Must Trade Gurley

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2795
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Rammer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:16 pm
again the only way he isn't a ram is if they cut him. have you seen his contract????
And they are not cutting him for the same reason. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some to understand the cap and dead money. Well I know why............... If they do I’ll be the first to say I was wrong............

Hell I’ll find something for him to do in order to avoid that dead $$ hit.............

Without seeing from the inside what is really going on, I am not 100% sure. But sometimes you are just better off just taking the cap hit and dealing with it. It's addition by subtraction. After that weird playoff run and then in this past year, his presence has become a net negative. He was a distraction. More questions than answers. As long as he is here, it may be preventing other players from stepping up and filling the role that he is supposed to play. At least if he is gone- somebody else may eventually step up and own the position.. We saw a couple of people on the o-line finally start to do this. I feel a little better about the line but at running back, we are in the same exact limbo position as last year.

One thing I will say is what we did this year didn't work. Not for the Rams and not for him either. If we do keep him, we must use him. Screw the limited touches, holding him back and saving him for later in the year or for trying to ensure that he has a long career. He's a running back. It is what it is, not one of your longer career positions. If he is willing to play for reduced money, then maybe we can talk about making him more of a role player.
Exactly.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Rammer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:16 pm
again the only way he isn't a ram is if they cut him. have you seen his contract????
And they are not cutting him for the same reason. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some to understand the cap and dead money. Well I know why............... If they do I’ll be the first to say I was wrong............

Hell I’ll find something for him to do in order to avoid that dead $$ hit.............

Without seeing from the inside what is really going on, I am not 100% sure. But sometimes you are just better off just taking the cap hit and dealing with it. It's addition by subtraction. After that weird playoff run and then in this past year, his presence has become a net negative. He was a distraction. More questions than answers. As long as he is here, it may be preventing other players from stepping up and filling the role that he is supposed to play. At least if he is gone- somebody else may eventually step up and own the position.. We saw a couple of people on the o-line finally start to do this. I feel a little better about the line but at running back, we are in the same exact limbo position as last year.

One thing I will say is what we did this year didn't work. Not for the Rams and not for him either. If we do keep him, we must use him. Screw the limited touches, holding him back and saving him for later in the year or for trying to ensure that he has a long career. He's a running back. It is what it is, not one of your longer career positions. If he is willing to play for reduced money, then maybe we can talk about making him more of a role player.
Sorry rammer could not disagree more. First of all, no disrespect intended, but it would be asinine to take a $17m+ hit to your cap by releasing him. My God the man had 14 TD’s this past year. That alone says he still has value to this team.

Distraction? You mean the one created by the media and some fans especially in here? Where has anyone with the Rams stated such? Not some of you speculating that they did but actually stating such. Saying he is a distraction.

Preventing other players from stepping up? Who Brown or Henderson? Where have either done enough to think they can fill a starting role right now?

He isn’t taking less money and where does what he make define his roll? He is still our starting RB. Yes he isn’t the back he was say 3 years ago but again he still has on field assets to this team and it’s up to McVay and the new OC to make the most of what he has to offer.



toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3112
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:50 pm

To me this doesn't matter about whether the Rams can get a pick, or whether they can move on from Gurley because of his contract. Will Goff and this offense be better by moving on? If the answer is yes, then cut him now. If it's no, then keep Gurley



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2795
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:47 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:56 pm
Rammer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm


And they are not cutting him for the same reason. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some to understand the cap and dead money. Well I know why............... If they do I’ll be the first to say I was wrong............

Hell I’ll find something for him to do in order to avoid that dead $$ hit.............

Without seeing from the inside what is really going on, I am not 100% sure. But sometimes you are just better off just taking the cap hit and dealing with it. It's addition by subtraction. After that weird playoff run and then in this past year, his presence has become a net negative. He was a distraction. More questions than answers. As long as he is here, it may be preventing other players from stepping up and filling the role that he is supposed to play. At least if he is gone- somebody else may eventually step up and own the position.. We saw a couple of people on the o-line finally start to do this. I feel a little better about the line but at running back, we are in the same exact limbo position as last year.

One thing I will say is what we did this year didn't work. Not for the Rams and not for him either. If we do keep him, we must use him. Screw the limited touches, holding him back and saving him for later in the year or for trying to ensure that he has a long career. He's a running back. It is what it is, not one of your longer career positions. If he is willing to play for reduced money, then maybe we can talk about making him more of a role player.
Sorry rammer could not disagree more. First of all, no disrespect intended, but it would be asinine to take a $17m+ hit to your cap by releasing him. My God the man had 14 TD’s this past year. That alone says he still has value to this team.

Distraction? You mean the one created by the media and some fans especially in here? Where has anyone with the Rams stated such? Not some of you speculating that they did but actually stating such. Saying he is a distraction.

Preventing other players from stepping up? Who Brown or Henderson? Where have either done enough to think they can fill a starting role right now?

He isn’t taking less money and where does what he make define his roll? He is still our starting RB. Yes he isn’t the back he was say 3 years ago but again he still has on field assets to this team and it’s up to McVay and the new OC to make the most of what he has to offer.
The fans and media "created " the distraction Simply because mcvay keeps saying Gurley is 100% but keep limiting his touches 99% of the games. Well if he is 100% like you keep saying then why limit his touches?

See? if the team handled it differently and was honest with the media and the fans to begin with, maybe those would not create any distractions and wouldn't ask questions. Just to remember that this Gurley issue started in the saints game ( nfccg) last year.

About the backups Henderson looked better than Gurley in the few times he got the opportunity.

I was not going to quote you because you didn't quote me anymore ( like I asked, it is true , and it is probably better this way) but I thought I could quote with a respectful reply just pointing out another perspective...another angle.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:31 pm

@ brasil

Your quote is respectful

McVay and the Rams owe no communication to the media or fans during the season. None. Doing such places them at a disadvantage with their opponent. Why as fans would we want this if our #1 goal is to have the Rams at its best advantage to win. Their only mandated requirement is to report players status during the week to the league. And they do that in a very general way as in DNP, limited, and full participation.

Limited touches? He isn’t Henry, Cook, or some of the other couple of top backs anymore. This team is what a lot of teams in the league are now which is a multiple back team. And again what advantage is there to McVay to talk about Gurley’s arthritic knee. Again us fans do not need to know every going on with this team. I don’t know why some think they are entitled to such information.

We were watching a different team this year, which happens a lot with you and I, if you think Henderson looked better than Gurley this year. Yes Gurley showed limitations during the season but he was still this team’s best back.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2259
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 am

MissouriRamsFan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 pm
brasilrams wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm
I fucking hate Gurleys attitude. That being said, can't cut him so make him run the ball 28 times per game and if he handles ok, if not and his knee blows up, then he retires and we don't get the cap hit . What can't be done is this bullshit load management again. It just didn't work. He can't get into a rhythm, he gets pissed and starts drama and other running backs also can't get into a rhythm . Mcvay keeps getting lost with this. No good.

Sorry dude, everything you said is bullshit. Hasn't started drama yet. And he has NEVER been a locker room distraction or a locker room cancer. You just don't like the guy, that's all it is. Since the 2019 started you found any reason to bash gurley. Again, just in case you didn't read the first time,everything you said about gurley being a distraction and starting drama is bullshit. Stop commenting on the Rams. you clearly don't like them,anything they do or anyone they get or have.
NEVER? Inexplicably not being there for them during the playoff and super bowl run wasn't a huge distraction? On what planet? This was the super bowl. A rare opportunity. Rams have won only 1 since it all started. We didn't even get an explanation. Putting it on McVay and others to stand up in front of the press each and every week to answer questions about him is a distraction. Having them lie for him is a huge distraction. Seeing him sulk is a distraction. Dissing McVay on the sidelines during a game was a distraction. His little tit for tat with Goff, who only was complimenting him, was a distraction.......

So, while he hasn't created any Antonio Brown kind of drama, he has been nothing but a distraction for a season and a half now. If he is injured, suffers from bad arthritis, suffers from emotional/mental issues or whatever - he needs to come out, be a man and say it. Own it ans stop hiding behind your coaches and teammates. He is a star, he makes millions, he makes commercials - all of this off of football. He is a public figure. He doesn't get to be this private, not when it affects the Rams. If he wants to sulk in private, he can leave the team. I'll never bother with him again.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2259
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:56 pm
Rammer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm


And they are not cutting him for the same reason. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some to understand the cap and dead money. Well I know why............... If they do I’ll be the first to say I was wrong............

Hell I’ll find something for him to do in order to avoid that dead $$ hit.............

Without seeing from the inside what is really going on, I am not 100% sure. But sometimes you are just better off just taking the cap hit and dealing with it. It's addition by subtraction. After that weird playoff run and then in this past year, his presence has become a net negative. He was a distraction. More questions than answers. As long as he is here, it may be preventing other players from stepping up and filling the role that he is supposed to play. At least if he is gone- somebody else may eventually step up and own the position.. We saw a couple of people on the o-line finally start to do this. I feel a little better about the line but at running back, we are in the same exact limbo position as last year.

One thing I will say is what we did this year didn't work. Not for the Rams and not for him either. If we do keep him, we must use him. Screw the limited touches, holding him back and saving him for later in the year or for trying to ensure that he has a long career. He's a running back. It is what it is, not one of your longer career positions. If he is willing to play for reduced money, then maybe we can talk about making him more of a role player.
Sorry rammer could not disagree more. First of all, no disrespect intended, but it would be asinine to take a $17m+ hit to your cap by releasing him. My God the man had 14 TD’s this past year. That alone says he still has value to this team.

Distraction? You mean the one created by the media and some fans especially in here? Where has anyone with the Rams stated such? Not some of you speculating that they did but actually stating such. Saying he is a distraction.

Preventing other players from stepping up? Who Brown or Henderson? Where have either done enough to think they can fill a starting role right now?

He isn’t taking less money and where does what he make define his roll? He is still our starting RB. Yes he isn’t the back he was say 3 years ago but again he still has on field assets to this team and it’s up to McVay and the new OC to make the most of what he has to offer.
It's fine. We just don't agree. I have nothing against the guy and I'm not saying that he wouldn't have value to another team. This is why maybe you could trade him. After a season and a half, though, I see it just isn't working here. The lack of transparency killed it and unless that changes, it's gonna stay dead.

You said it without saying it. It is Todd Gurley and the Rams (every national promo says this), there is nothing wrong and he has to be the starter here. That's the team line. Yes, the media is part of it and the fans are part of it too. But how can we not see the oddity of this situation? This isn't just a guy having an off year. That would be Goff.
We see how it is affecting the team on the field. We see McVay and others struggling to cover for him. We see him sulking or looking miserable..... Money wise, I agree that it is a disaster. But it's the same disaster whether he is here or not. So, our choice is to move on or wait to move on because of money. I agree that these other rbs are not good enough. We need to get a back that can replace him or at least most of him.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:44 am

@ rammer

I actually don’t see how it is affecting the team in the way you think it is. I also don’t see McVay or others covering for him any differently then say he has for Cooks. Only difference is Cooks position has tremendous amount of better depth than Gurley’s. Which calms us fans down. Again I think you are confusing “covering” for him with telling only the required minimum so not to tell the next opponent more than they need to know. I will never agree with what you all view as “sulking and miserable”. Again reading body language from one’s coach. But I think it is fair that we may have seen frustration from the man as it relates to battling injuries as well as with the OL. Big difference between sulking and miserable and being frustrated.

Finally he was hurt for the last two games last year. Not sure why that is hard to understand by some and more importantly why McVay and the Rams did not convey all of the details.

Yes I agree we will just agree to disagree which like you said is fine.



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2795
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:31 pm
@ brasil

Your quote is respectful

McVay and the Rams owe no communication to the media or fans during the season. None. Doing such places them at a disadvantage with their opponent. Why as fans would we want this if our #1 goal is to have the Rams at its best advantage to win. Their only mandated requirement is to report players status during the week to the league. And they do that in a very general way as in DNP, limited, and full participation.

Limited touches? He isn’t Henry, Cook, or some of the other couple of top backs anymore. This team is what a lot of teams in the league are now which is a multiple back team. And again what advantage is there to McVay to talk about Gurley’s arthritic knee. Again us fans do not need to know every going on with this team. I don’t know why some think they are entitled to such information.

We were watching a different team this year, which happens a lot with you and I, if you think Henderson looked better than Gurley this year. Yes Gurley showed limitations during the season but he was still this team’s best back.
I understand about not telling the media and the fans the truth to not give the opponents information. But then, if you choose to go this path, then you can't complain about the media and the fans asking questions and therefore, creating a distraction. it is only natural that this would happen. And then, The Gurley issue , like it or not, end up being a distraction.

About the limited touches, I completely disagree. Compare his touches this season to 17-18 and you will clearly see that Gurley was not utilized the way mcvay would like to use him. I am 100% sure they were limiting his touches.

About Gurley being this teams best back, I would like to see more of Henderson before making that affirmation, from the little that I saw from him, he looked better than Gurley. Of course I need to see how he handles himself being a every down back but so far, I like what I see, a lot.



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2795
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 am

Rammer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 am
MissouriRamsFan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 pm
brasilrams wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm
I fucking hate Gurleys attitude. That being said, can't cut him so make him run the ball 28 times per game and if he handles ok, if not and his knee blows up, then he retires and we don't get the cap hit . What can't be done is this bullshit load management again. It just didn't work. He can't get into a rhythm, he gets pissed and starts drama and other running backs also can't get into a rhythm . Mcvay keeps getting lost with this. No good.

Sorry dude, everything you said is bullshit. Hasn't started drama yet. And he has NEVER been a locker room distraction or a locker room cancer. You just don't like the guy, that's all it is. Since the 2019 started you found any reason to bash gurley. Again, just in case you didn't read the first time,everything you said about gurley being a distraction and starting drama is bullshit. Stop commenting on the Rams. you clearly don't like them,anything they do or anyone they get or have.
NEVER? Inexplicably not being there for them during the playoff and super bowl run wasn't a huge distraction? On what planet? This was the super bowl. A rare opportunity. Rams have won only 1 since it all started. We didn't even get an explanation. Putting it on McVay and others to stand up in front of the press each and every week to answer questions about him is a distraction. Having them lie for him is a huge distraction. Seeing him sulk is a distraction. Dissing McVay on the sidelines during a game was a distraction. His little tit for tat with Goff, who only was complimenting him, was a distraction.......

So, while he hasn't created any Antonio Brown kind of drama, he has been nothing but a distraction for a season and a half now. If he is injured, suffers from bad arthritis, suffers from emotional/mental issues or whatever - he needs to come out, be a man and say it. Own it ans stop hiding behind your coaches and teammates. He is a star, he makes millions, he makes commercials - all of this off of football. He is a public figure. He doesn't get to be this private, not when it affects the Rams. If he wants to sulk in private, he can leave the team. I'll never bother with him again.
That is exactly my thoughts. Couldn't have said it better myself.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm

there isn't any video out there IMO. anyone would get frustrated at the lack of use, stupid questions from the media and your coach playing stupid after every game. I just hope they come back with a better game plan next year, improve the OL.



User avatar
RamPower
Veteran
Posts: 1992
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm
there isn't any video out there IMO. anyone would get frustrated at the lack of use, stupid questions from the media and your coach playing stupid after every game. I just hope they come back with a better game plan next year, improve the OL.
Agree.

This Gurley is a distraction shit, hell, everything about being a Pro has distractions/pressures. It's part of the deal. To what degree was Gurley a "distraction"? I'm not seeing it as an issue. He has the knee obviously, they'll move on from there and deal with it. The BIG distraction (as always) is losing games...winning cures everything, losing just the opposite.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:12 pm

RamPower wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm
there isn't any video out there IMO. anyone would get frustrated at the lack of use, stupid questions from the media and your coach playing stupid after every game. I just hope they come back with a better game plan next year, improve the OL.
Agree.

This Gurley is a distraction shit, hell, everything about being a Pro has distractions/pressures. It's part of the deal. To what degree was Gurley a "distraction"? I'm not seeing it as an issue. He has the knee obviously, they'll move on from there and deal with it. The BIG distraction (as always) is losing games...winning cures everything, losing just the opposite.
agree as well. let's hope McVay can figure this out for next year.



808Rams
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:12 pm

Instead of arguing if Gurley should be let go or not, the real issue is Why the Fcuk did Les Snead sign to extend Gurley’s $60 million contract? Dude should be run out of town!



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2259
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 am

RamPower wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm
there isn't any video out there IMO. anyone would get frustrated at the lack of use, stupid questions from the media and your coach playing stupid after every game. I just hope they come back with a better game plan next year, improve the OL.
Agree.

This Gurley is a distraction shit, hell, everything about being a Pro has distractions/pressures. It's part of the deal. To what degree was Gurley a "distraction"? I'm not seeing it as an issue. He has the knee obviously, they'll move on from there and deal with it. The BIG distraction (as always) is losing games...winning cures everything, losing just the opposite.
You don't win with your superstars inexplicably not playing and sulking. Out of all the Rams stars, this guy is the face of the team. It's Todd Gurley and the high powered Rams verses whoever on Sunday Night Football. We all hear those kind of promos . It used to be that way. Gurley had game and the attitude to go with it. The team wants us to think it is still this way but of course it isn't. We don't have any official explanation why. Gurley gets all nasty and defensive when asked about it. The organization is in denial mode while the team struggles to find a new identity. This is the season in a nutshell. Nobody's contract is worth this.

With situations like this - when a key player is lost - you need transparency, you need positive vibes from the team and player, you need a coming together -the team needs to rally together to fill the hole. I don't see this happening here at all. It's like they are still expecting Gurley to show up. Something has to change or he has to go.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:36 am

Rammer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 am
RamPower wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm
there isn't any video out there IMO. anyone would get frustrated at the lack of use, stupid questions from the media and your coach playing stupid after every game. I just hope they come back with a better game plan next year, improve the OL.
Agree.

This Gurley is a distraction shit, hell, everything about being a Pro has distractions/pressures. It's part of the deal. To what degree was Gurley a "distraction"? I'm not seeing it as an issue. He has the knee obviously, they'll move on from there and deal with it. The BIG distraction (as always) is losing games...winning cures everything, losing just the opposite.
You don't win with your superstars inexplicably not playing and sulking. Out of all the Rams stars, this guy is the face of the team. It's Todd Gurley and the high powered Rams verses whoever on Sunday Night Football. We all hear those kind of promos . It used to be that way. Gurley had game and the attitude to go with it. The team wants us to think it is still this way but of course it isn't. We don't have any official explanation why. Gurley gets all nasty and defensive when asked about it. The organization is in denial mode while the team struggles to find a new identity. This is the season in a nutshell. Nobody's contract is worth this.

With situations like this - when a key player is lost - you need transparency, you need positive vibes from the team and player, you need a coming together -the team needs to rally together to fill the hole. I don't see this happening here at all. It's like they are still expecting Gurley to show up. Something has to change or he has to go.
Inexplicably not playing? The guy had 254 touches this past year compared to the next closest back on this team had 71. What the hell are you talking about? And if you are referring to the last two games the year before everyone knows what was going on with him and his knee now. It’s why they brought in Anderson and oh by the way he isn’t the first back to play less in a playoff game because of an injury.

The sulking crap is again BS. A few of you continue to be asked proof by the rest of us and you continue to provide none. Also Gurley is uncomfortable doing interviews. It’s his personality. Stop reading such as more than that when it is clear he just isn’t comfortable doing them.

Face of the team in regards to promos for Nationally covered games? Really? Ok he is still was a bit this past year but not nearly as much as Goff and Donald. Donald is plastered everywhere in these promos first and foremost.

If you want to continue making up crap like he is lost to support an opinion of yours that reallly is you simply don’t like him anymore then fine. But just continue to be prepared that most of us are not buying it and realize you just don’t like the player.



MothaFaulker
Starter
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 am

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 am

Oh good this topic is still alive and well...haha.
NorCal why do you get so defensive with somewhat aggressive language when Rammer simply expressed an opinion? I mean cmon now, asking for proof of Gurley sulking is like asking for proof of global warming...watch any interview...watch him going back to just about every huddle after a play...and no it’s not just his personality, that wasn’t the case the last 2 yrs. but again, this is just my cordial opinion on the matter that should offend no one..lol.

Regardless of what happens I believe this is true:
-The Rams don’t need cap space in 2020 so if they do trade him it’ll be because they don’t want him in the locker room.
-Gurley is a one year rental, wether he’s on the Rams or traded to someone like the Eagles or Lions or Huston..whoever.....it’s a one year rental....he’ll be out with almost zero impact on the cap in 2021 when the Rams need the cap for Ramsey, Woods, Kup, JJ and so on.

We’ll see what happens, fun offseason ahead.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am

MothaFaulker wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 am
Oh good this topic is still alive and well...haha.
NorCal why do you get so defensive with somewhat aggressive language when Rammer simply expressed an opinion? I mean cmon now, asking for proof of Gurley sulking is like asking for proof of global warming...watch any interview...watch him going back to just about every huddle after a play...and no it’s not just his personality, that wasn’t the case the last 2 yrs. but again, this is just my cordial opinion on the matter that should offend no one..lol.

Regardless of what happens I believe this is true:
-The Rams don’t need cap space in 2020 so if they do trade him it’ll be because they don’t want him in the locker room.
-Gurley is a one year rental, wether he’s on the Rams or traded to someone like the Eagles or Lions or Huston..whoever.....it’s a one year rental....he’ll be out with almost zero impact on the cap in 2021 when the Rams need the cap for Ramsey, Woods, Kup, JJ and so on.

We’ll see what happens, fun offseason ahead.
Aggressive language? What because I said hell and BS? LMAO! I think you need to read some of the other replies in here that were not mine to understand the term aggressive language before stating such.

There is a fine line between an opinion and stating simply untrue facts. Saying one has a bad attitude, is not playing and sulking when he actually is playing, is a distraction to the team and a cancer, now that word is aggressive language to describe someone, when there is absolutely no proof that he is is yes simply BS and crosses the line IMO away from ones opinion. It’s a slander of character is what it is.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 2259
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:57 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:36 am
Rammer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 am
RamPower wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm


Agree.

This Gurley is a distraction shit, hell, everything about being a Pro has distractions/pressures. It's part of the deal. To what degree was Gurley a "distraction"? I'm not seeing it as an issue. He has the knee obviously, they'll move on from there and deal with it. The BIG distraction (as always) is losing games...winning cures everything, losing just the opposite.
You don't win with your superstars inexplicably not playing and sulking. Out of all the Rams stars, this guy is the face of the team. It's Todd Gurley and the high powered Rams verses whoever on Sunday Night Football. We all hear those kind of promos . It used to be that way. Gurley had game and the attitude to go with it. The team wants us to think it is still this way but of course it isn't. We don't have any official explanation why. Gurley gets all nasty and defensive when asked about it. The organization is in denial mode while the team struggles to find a new identity. This is the season in a nutshell. Nobody's contract is worth this.

With situations like this - when a key player is lost - you need transparency, you need positive vibes from the team and player, you need a coming together -the team needs to rally together to fill the hole. I don't see this happening here at all. It's like they are still expecting Gurley to show up. Something has to change or he has to go.
Inexplicably not playing? The guy had 254 touches this past year compared to the next closest back on this team had 71. What the hell are you talking about? And if you are referring to the last two games the year before everyone knows what was going on with him and his knee now. It’s why they brought in Anderson and oh by the way he isn’t the first back to play less in a playoff game because of an injury.

The sulking crap is again BS. A few of you continue to be asked proof by the rest of us and you continue to provide none. Also Gurley is uncomfortable doing interviews. It’s his personality. Stop reading such as more than that when it is clear he just isn’t comfortable doing them.

Face of the team in regards to promos for Nationally covered games? Really? Ok he is still was a bit this past year but not nearly as much as Goff and Donald. Donald is plastered everywhere in these promos first and foremost.

If you want to continue making up crap like he is lost to support an opinion of yours that reallly is you simply don’t like him anymore then fine. But just continue to be prepared that most of us are not buying it and realize you just don’t like the player.

I don't know him but it's true that I don't like what I see from him anymore. Maybe his knee injury, if this is the issue, he cannot control but he can control everything else. The cloud that is over him - him and his people put there. This whole thread wouldn't exist. I didn't start it - it was based on an LA sports writer. So who's making stuff up?

I'm making up nothing. The last game against the niners the commercial promo I saw for the game is exactly what i said. 'Todd Gurley and the high powered rams take on........I remember laughing at it at the time.



User avatar
RamPower
Veteran
Posts: 1992
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm

We can all "guess" regarding perceiving Gurley's demeanor on the field, etc. I'd say (again) he's frustrated.

Frustrated over not physically able to perform at the level of the World's Best back currently. Frustrated at the O-line and offense around him with relatively minimal support for him this year. But certainly also, frustrated at the TEAM losing.

He's always shown a team-first mentality IMO (not a stats guy). He's shown he wants the team to win above all else. No playoffs = a not very happy TG. Detrimental to the team? Hell, he could be just the opposite still IMO (i.e. team leader). The getting up off the turf and returning to the huddle in a slower manner could simply be about his physical state (he definitely celebrates in the end zone less actively these days). But as a bad attitude thing? Until we have actual behind the scenes exposure, I don't see it.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:30 pm

@ rammer,

Like I said yes he has been used a bit this year in promos. I stated such. But can you at least acknowledge not as much as in the past as well as not as much as Donald and Goff this past season?

Ok understood you did not start the thread and it was started by the article by Plaschke. But OP provided no link to article. Did you read it because I certainly didn’t. If so he referenced in it as Gurley being lost, inexplicably coming up with reasons not to play, a distraction to the organization, a cancer, etc........... Did he? You said these things describing him in multiple replies in this thread with no reference to the article saying this was what Plascke wrote.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Rammer

the guy played his balls off this year I don't know what games you are watching. was he frustrated??? absolutely!!!!! anyone would at his level and not getting the touches he thought he should get. Frustrated with the media as well. The guy is human and it would wear on anyone in that situation. The real issue here is what are they trying to hide from everyone regarding his knee??? If they aren't trying to hide anything then McVay has to own up to the fact that he didn't use him in his full capacity. I could care less what Plaschke said in his article but Gurley isn't going anywhere he has $26M towards the cap next year so no other team is going to take that on. Let's hope McVay can pull his head out of his ass and figure out a good way to use him.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:45 pm

I just found and read the article. Not one damn word about him being viewed as a distraction, a cancer, a player with a bad attitude, sulking, etc...... Not one. Why? Simply because there is no proof, it’s not true, and Plashke is smart enough not to state such knowing he has nothing to base such accusations on. Again he is smart enough not to slander one’s character without actual proof. The difference between a professional writer and a fan making an assumption from their couch or from the stands or in a forum like this one.

The article is entirely about production as it relates to his salary and the hit to the cap. Actual documentation that can be discussed that then can be open to debate.



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2795
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Rammer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 am
RamPower wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm
there isn't any video out there IMO. anyone would get frustrated at the lack of use, stupid questions from the media and your coach playing stupid after every game. I just hope they come back with a better game plan next year, improve the OL.
Agree.

This Gurley is a distraction shit, hell, everything about being a Pro has distractions/pressures. It's part of the deal. To what degree was Gurley a "distraction"? I'm not seeing it as an issue. He has the knee obviously, they'll move on from there and deal with it. The BIG distraction (as always) is losing games...winning cures everything, losing just the opposite.
You don't win with your superstars inexplicably not playing and sulking. Out of all the Rams stars, this guy is the face of the team. It's Todd Gurley and the high powered Rams verses whoever on Sunday Night Football. We all hear those kind of promos . It used to be that way. Gurley had game and the attitude to go with it. The team wants us to think it is still this way but of course it isn't. We don't have any official explanation why. Gurley gets all nasty and defensive when asked about it. The organization is in denial mode while the team struggles to find a new identity. This is the season in a nutshell. Nobody's contract is worth this.

With situations like this - when a key player is lost - you need transparency, you need positive vibes from the team and player, you need a coming together -the team needs to rally together to fill the hole. I don't see this happening here at all. It's like they are still expecting Gurley to show up. Something has to change or he has to go.
Exactly. That is what I said, compare Gurley touches this season with 17-18. He is obviously on some kind of load management program. They are obviously limiting his touches. What was that game that mcvay didn't run Gurley during the 4th quarter and then he was like " oh I am an idiot for not doing so, because his knee is 100 % " When the media asked Gurley about mcvays comments he simply said " hey, if he said it....I didn't say anything ". That is like" yes he is an idiot". Any child can See that this was the message.

So if Gurley is not injured like mcvay keeps saying and he is perfectly fine, is mcvay just an idiot for not using him properly?

As much as some people don't want to see it, there is clearly something else going on and yes it ends up being a distraction to the team. On top of all that Gurley just seems like a guy that doesn't wanna be in the field anymore, he plays with no heart and no passion. His face shows that he is sad / pissed and frustrated. He also got paid like Bill gates and then he goes in that show and kinda pull the activist kapernick style? Wtf??

He also poked Goff. Goff made him a compliment " that stiff arm looked like vintage Gurley". And then he said " I didn't like this, it sounds like I was playing like shit and finally started to play well " well guess what? You were / are playing like shit. The only way you can get any yards is that when there is a huuuuge hole/lane for you to go forward. You can't juke defenders and make them miss anymore. You don't do a spin move. You don't hurdle. You just run forward and many times fall in the turf even before contact initiates. Gurley needs to go and we need to find a replacement. Maybe Henderson can do it.
Last edited by brasilrams on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Correction Plashke says his usage was a distraction not Gurley himself. Kinda think there is a huge difference between how he was used being the distraction to interpreting that to being he personally was a distraction. Talk about stretching to ridiculous lengths a comment to fit one’s own different view of someone..........



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm
Correction Plashke says his usage was a distraction not Gurley himself. Kinda think there is a huge difference between how he was used being the distraction to interpreting that to being he personally was a distraction. Talk about stretching to ridiculous lengths a comment to fit one’s own different view of someone..........
the usage for sure was a distraction because after every game Gurley and McVay were asked the question. I think we all got tired of McVay's idiotic press conferences after the game admitting he wasn't sure why he didn't use him him. I got so sick and tired of that can you imagine what Gurley was thinking??? I think McVay realizes he needs to shit or get off the pot with Gurley and hopefully they rebuild the line and get back to running the ball like they used to.



Post Reply
Rate this topic