Goff to implement strenght and conditioning program , this offseason

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:56 pm

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/sto ... ng-changes

Talks about it at the end of the article , good read .

About time , I just wonder why took him so long ? Just gotta watch out for the muscle gain so he doesn't get slower , goff is actually " kinda " fast when running .

zackn
Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm

brasilrams wrote:

About time , I just wonder why took him so long ?
It didn't "take him so long." He works out every off-season. We have various reports on it and even photos from over the years.

Cornell29
Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:19 pm

brasilrams wrote:

About time , I just wonder why took him so long ? Just gotta watch out for the muscle gain so he doesn't get slower , goff is actually " kinda " fast when running .
Goff been more durable than most qbs in the NFL. He hasnt missed a game yet, due to injury. Goff isnt going to get much faster. He is a pocket qb, who actually throws very well when on the move. Goff needs to work more on how to navigate the pocket, which the slow footed Warner did very well. He also needs to work on having faster reads, release and improve his footwork when pressured.

He has all the tools, is young and will only get better

cdaly26
Starter

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:38 pm

While I like what I saw from him late in the season - climbing the pocket more and making plays - he still locks onto his primary read - am hoping part of his offseason program is to practice looking off his first target...

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:39 pm

zackn wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

It didn't "take him so long." He works out every off-season. We have various reports on it and even photos from over the years.
This ^^
I knew that the hot takes about him needing to work out in the offseason would start, immediately. I mean.. are these real fans? Do they not know this about Goff?
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... -strength/

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:07 pm

zackn wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

He didn't look stronger to me this season . Eye test , he looked the same . So I am not sure how much they were focusing on improving his strenght in prior years . Maybe this off season they will focus on him actually gaining some muscle and strenght . Will help when trying to protect the ball instead of being strip sacked for example .

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:19 pm
brasilrams wrote:

Goff been more durable than most qbs in the NFL. He hasnt missed a game yet, due to injury. Goff isnt going to get much faster. He is a pocket qb, who actually throws very well when on the move. Goff needs to work more on how to navigate the pocket, which the slow footed Warner did very well. He also needs to work on having faster reads, release and improve his footwork when pressured.

He has all the tools, is young and will only get better
true that . Guy is skinny but extremely durable . He is just not injurie prone . I suspect that goff is a flexible athlete and that is one of the reasons he is not getting injured . He got his body in positions that most qbs would hurt themselves but nothing happened to him . It is all about that flexibility . that said , FOCUSING on getting stronger is always a necessity , just gotta make sure it won't make him stiff or slower due to the weight ( muscle ) gain .

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Dick84 wrote:
zackn wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

This ^^
I knew that the hot takes about him needing to work out in the offseason would start, immediately. I mean.. are these real fans? Do they not know this about Goff?
Goff indicated after the season that he might add a strength program to his regimen.

“There’s a lot of things I want to focus on this year,” he said Sunday. “I think I have the ability now to really invest in myself and put everything I have into myself, to come back better and stronger than ever and, hopefully, look back at 9-7 as a thing of the past.”

The way he said it here ( simply reading and comprehension ) it seems to me that :

1- He did not FOCUSED on strenght and conditioning programs before
2- He will ADD that programa now , indicating that he didn't have this kind of program BEFORE .

But whatever , keep on going with the " real fans " bullshit .

armyram
Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:33 pm

brasilrams wrote:

Fast, You comparing him to Brady, right? 😂

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:47 pm

armyram wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

lol exactly . He is faster than most if not all pocket passers like brady , brees etc ,he actually moves well when he decides to move ...but of course , he is no deshawn watson , no mahomes , no wilson and no lamar jackson .

armyram
Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:52 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:47 pm
armyram wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

lol exactly . He is faster than most if not all pocket passers like brady , brees etc ,he actually moves well when he decides to move ...but of course , he is no deshawn watson , no mahomes , no wilson and no lamar jackson .
Well, the good thing about pocket passers that are successful, IMO, the team around them is so much better. Look what happens when you shut down L Jackson or Wilson. Teams get dependent on their success. I think Aaron Rogers is a good mixture of the two types of QBs in one package. Maybe Goff can do that in the near future but gotta have the supporting class around him

MissouriRamsFan
Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Dude needs to cut the "real fans" bullshit.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:22 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:16 pm
Dick84 wrote:
zackn wrote:

This ^^
Goff indicated after the season that he might add a strength program to his regimen.

“There’s a lot of things I want to focus on this year,” he said Sunday. “I think I have the ability now to really invest in myself and put everything I have into myself, to come back better and stronger than ever and, hopefully, look back at 9-7 as a thing of the past.”

The way he said it here ( simply reading and comprehension ) it seems to me that :

1- He did not FOCUSED on strenght and conditioning programs before
2- He will ADD that programa now , indicating that he didn't have this kind of program BEFORE .

But whatever , keep on going with the " real fans " bullshit .
I will. Posted an article from last year documenting his work.
Poorly worded article that low-attention fans will misinterpret.

He may be starting a different plan... but.. as proven.. has worked on strength in previous seasons.

3-24-16

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:23 pm

MissouriRamsFan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm
Dude needs to cut the "real fans" bullshit.
Shrug.

When people knee jerk on something that we all know on here to be untrue, I’m good with it.

3-24-16

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:26 pm

I googled Goff Gurley weights to pull that article because I remembered Gurley talking about Goff working hard.

People saying “finally”, etc? Please.

3-24-16

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Dick84 wrote:
I googled Goff Gurley weights to pull that article because I remembered Gurley talking about Goff working hard.

You probably lack basic reading and compression skills. Impossible to have a decent conversation with an illiterate.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:29 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

You probably lack basic reading and compression skills. Impossible to have a decent conversation with an illiterate.
Part of literacy is the ability to critically think and contextualize information.

So... I’m not sure you know what the fuck you’re talking about.

3-24-16

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:29 pm
brasilrams wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Part of literacy is the ability to critically think and contextualize information.

So... I’m not sure you know what the fuck you’re talking about.
Yup. You conveniently choose to ignore my reply when I quoted goff's own words. You couldn't interpretate what he said. From what he said even a child can see that he will try something new this off season. Something more focused . And that is why I said " finally" but you prefer to twist it and come with the " not real fan" retarded comment. But it is my fault. I should expect a child to understand that but not you.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Shrug.
“Finally”, etc... suggests he wasn’t doing anything.

Sorry, it’s just a tired, drama queen reaction.

3-24-16

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Shrug.

Nope. It suggests that he is doing something new and maybe something that he should have been doing before. It doesn't mean he was doing squat. Again, basic interpretation skills.

ocram23
Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm

this is seriously a non story. every pro is going into a strength and conditioning program in the off season

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm
this is seriously a non story. every pro is going into a strength and conditioning program in the off season
Caught my attention because the way Goff said it seems he will be doing something different and more focused in strength gain this time

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:21 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Shrug.

Nope. It suggests that he is doing something new and maybe something that he should have been doing before. It doesn't mean he was doing squat. Again, basic interpretation skills.
Lol.
Okay, Sparky.

3-24-16

zackn
Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:05 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Shrug.

Don't see it.

I think that's just reading something in that is not there.

Everyone who has mentioned his workouts over the years talk about how dedicated he is.

I think he's aware he was criticized this season and the only effort that's new this off-season is the effort to be ostentatiously obvious about his dedication.

But the dedication and work themselves are not new. We know that. It's part of the public record.

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:32 pm

zackn wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:05 pm
brasilrams wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Shrug.

Don't see it.

I think that's just reading something in that is not there.

Everyone who has mentioned his workouts over the years talk about how dedicated he is.

I think he's aware he was criticized this season and the only effort that's new this off-season is the effort to be ostentatiously obvious about his dedication.

But the dedication and work themselves are not new. We know that. It's part of the public record.

I never said he doesn't have dedication . Neither the article , neither anyone in this thread . You guys are so overdefensive towards your beloved players that you see shit that is not there . I said that BY goff's WORDS you can interpretate that he is gonna try something NEW , something MORE focused on strenght . Maybe his other off season programs had a different focus , not strenght . Again read his words :

If he will NOW ADD that strenght program to his regimen it seems to me that he program was NOT there before . Of course there was some kind of program before , I am not saying he went the entire off season doing squat , I think that is pretty obvious , he is a pro athlete . But maybe his other programs before this one were not so specific towards improving his strenght like this one will be .

Is that so hard to understand , really ?

Rate this topic