Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

ocram23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:48 am
we don't need another back we have 4 guys that are good to go. what this team needs is a revamped O line and possibly a WR.
The money you’d save by cutting Brown could help pay for a line upgrade. Rams already have plenty of young guys there.
It wouldn’t be crazy to expect them to be better next year, even with the same group.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:23 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
we don't need another back we have 4 guys that are good to go. what this team needs is a revamped O line and possibly a WR.
The money you’d save by cutting Brown could help pay for a line upgrade. Rams already have plenty of young guys there.
It wouldn’t be crazy to expect them to be better next year, even with the same group.
I agree with you about Brown but you are beyond optimistic to think this same group is going to be better next year. I just don't think most of these guys are talented. they have to upgrade the OL. I would love to see them go get an OG mauler in FA and then draft an OT. Would like a C as well. Hopefully I am wrong

UtahRam
Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:24 pm

If we sign another running back with all of the issues we have I'm going take a big dump in the parking lot of that new stadium of ours.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:25 pm

UtahRam wrote:
If we sign another running back with all of the issues we have I'm going take a big dump in the parking lot of that new stadium of ours.
haha too funny. I honestly hope they won't but who knows with Snead. Let's not forget the WR crew needs an upgrade too

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:51 pm

ocram23 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:
haha too funny. I honestly hope they won't but who knows with Snead. Let's not forget the WR crew needs an upgrade too
Cooks, Woods, Kupp, and Reynolds needs an upgrade oc? Strength of this team IMO and it’s by a lot. Add in Higbee and Everrett. Really string unit from where I sit. Yes we have talked about Cooks but like we both agree because of the contract he will be back, plus no one is trading for him with his concussion history, and he has the talent to still be a significant contributor.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:11 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:
Cooks, Woods, Kupp, and Reynolds needs an upgrade oc? Strength of this team IMO and it’s by a lot. Add in Higbee and Everrett. Really string unit from where I sit. Yes we have talked about Cooks but like we both agree because of the contract he will be back, plus no one is trading for him with his concussion history, and he has the talent to still be a significant contributor.
Like Kupp and Woods but let's be honest Cooks had a bad year this year, concussions I know, but we can't expect anything from him IMO moving forward. Reynolds is ok but does not put fear into anyone on the D side of the ball. Woods is getting older too. Like their TE's but yes I do think they need a WR, I know this is something they probably will not address due to many issues, $$$$ specifically, and the O line.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:36 pm

@ of

JMO but Reynolds would be a WR2 on a lot of teams in the league. I can’t forget what he did in that NFC Championship game.

Woods until he shows he no longer can produce well the resume continues to show strongly on the field.

If he can stay healthy, yes a huge if, I personally think Cooks has a lot to offer still. I think part of the problem is the passing game goes in another direction when he is out hurt and McVay has difficulties at times getting him back in the mix when he does get back on the field.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:37 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
I agree with you about Brown but you are beyond optimistic to think this same group is going to be better next year. I just don't think most of these guys are talented. they have to upgrade the OL. I would love to see them go get an OG mauler in FA and then draft an OT. Would like a C as well. Hopefully I am wrong
So, it's "beyond optimistic" to think young Offensive Linemen can improve? That's kind of odd thinking.
I wouldn't be upset at all if they drafted an OT or C in the 2nd or third.. but I wouldn't draft both. Too many young players on roster with too much potential.
That being said.. if they decided to get Scherff, I wouldn't mind.
The Rams gave up a relatively low amount of sacks this year, but the run game sucked. I just don't know how much is talent and how much is scheme.

3-24-16

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:
Upgrade at WR? Unless Cooks retires.. there's no big move to be made here.

3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

So, it's "beyond optimistic" to think young Offensive Linemen can improve? That's kind of odd thinking.
I wouldn't be upset at all if they drafted an OT or C in the 2nd or third.. but I wouldn't draft both. Too many young players on roster with too much potential.
The Rams gave up a relatively low amount of sacks this year, but the run game sucked. I just don't know how much is talent and how much is scheme.
I hope I am wrong about the O line but can they improve?? I hope so but there is only so much you can do with average talent and that is what I think they have on the roster. Sherff would be a great addition. going to be interesting

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:38 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

I hope I am wrong about the O line but can they improve?? I hope so but there is only so much you can do with average talent and that is what I think they have on the roster. Sherff would be a great addition. going to be interesting
I don't know who you think isn't talented and why you think that. That's not a sarcastic or aggressive response, I just mean I don't know the specifics.
Noteboom looks talented to me. He's coming off an injury. Struggled early with the new position, but we just don't know what it would've looked like in a full season. He's still a solid tackle prospect, imo.
Edwards looks very, very talented to me and was quite a pleasant surprise.
Corbett had some really great moments.
Blythe was solid.
Evans looked like a disaster in preseason, but was functional.

Allen looks like he just may be too small for the NFL after all.
Havenstein has been awesome. Can he be again? Why should we assume he's done?

3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

I don't know who you think isn't talented and why you think that. That's not a sarcastic or aggressive response, I just mean I don't know the specifics.
Noteboom looks talented to me. He's coming off an injury. Struggled early with the new position, but we just don't know what it would've looked like in a full season. He's still a solid tackle prospect, imo.
Blythe was solid.

blythe and whitworth are FA's so more than likely they are not coming back. Corbett is ok still needs to show me something. I like Edwards but Noteboom is coming back from a major injury so we don't know what is going to happen there. Allen is too small has to get bigger. Evans is too inconsistent but he is the one out of the group who I have hope for. Havenstein is TBD. We need players that are more than functional. Maybe being too negative on this position right now but I just don't think they are talented.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

Blythe was solid.

blythe and whitworth are FA's so more than likely they are not coming back. Corbett is ok still needs to show me something. I like Edwards but Noteboom is coming back from a major injury so we don't know what is going to happen there. Allen is too small has to get bigger. Evans is too inconsistent but he is the one out of the group who I have hope for. Havenstein is TBD. We need players that are more than functional. Maybe being too negative on this position right now but I just don't think they are talented.
Why are we assuming Blythe & Whit won’t be back?
I guess I’m just more optimistic. 2 rookies, a second year guy and a new center.. and they weren’t bad at all.

I mean.. it wasn’t on them that Rams didn’t beat the 9ers, that’s for sure.

3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Blythe was solid.

I guess I’m just more optimistic. 2 rookies, a second year guy and a new center.. and they weren’t bad at all.

look at all the guys they have to sign. where are they going to get the money to sign those 2 guys, fowler, littleton and don't forget about Ramsey. I like your idea of cutting Brown to free up some money but if Goff doesn't restructure how are earth is Snead going to be able to sign all these guys???

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:19 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

look at all the guys they have to sign. where are they going to get the money to sign those 2 guys, fowler, littleton and don't forget about Ramsey. I like your idea of cutting Brown to free up some money but if Goff doesn't restructure how are earth is Snead going to be able to sign all these guys???
Based on what I've read, they can get to $47 million in space, pretty easily.
They can, for sure, keep Littleton or Fowler. They could shop for relative bargains to replace Brockers and whomever they don't sign between the other two.
I don't see them letting both Whit and Blythe go.

3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

They can, for sure, keep Littleton or Fowler. They could shop for relative bargains to replace Brockers and whomever they don't sign between the other two.
why not move Whit inside to OG??? that is what happens to OT's that get old and still want to play. I think he can still be valuable at that spot. he can't be an OT anymore. what does it take for them to get to $47M? who do they have to cut and who do they have to restructure because I didn't think they had that much space.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:32 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

why not move Whit inside to OG??? that is what happens to OT's that get old and still want to play. I think he can still be valuable at that spot. he can't be an OT anymore. what does it take for them to get to $47M? who do they have to cut and who do they have to restructure because I didn't think they had that much space.
There isn't much in FA at tackle. Whit is still good. Not great, like he was, but good. It also means you have another year to see what Noteboom can be and if he's cut out for LT.

To get to 47.. they have, I think, 22 already. Goff can supposedly restructure opening up close to 17. that's 39. Cut Weddle 4.5.. that's 43.5.. cut Matthews 3.75.. that's actually 48.

3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

There isn't much in FA at tackle. Whit is still good. Not great, like he was, but good. It also means you have another year to see what Noteboom can be and if he's cut out for LT.

To get to 47.. they have, I think, 22 already. Goff can supposedly restructure opening up close to 17. that's 39. Cut Weddle 4.5.. that's 43.5.. cut Matthews 3.75.. that's actually 48.
then they aren't at 47 yet. will goff restructure??? weddle is gone. not sure matthews doesn't stay. when he was healthy I think he was good. The big one is Goff. Also how much is Whit going to get on the open market????

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

then they aren't at 47 yet. will goff restructure??? weddle is gone. not sure matthews doesn't stay. when he was healthy I think he was good. The big one is Goff. Also how much is Whit going to get on the open market????
I never said they were, I said they could get there easily. No reason at all for Goff to not restructure.
I like Matthews.. I think he stays if Fowler goes.
How much will a 37 year old tackle go for? We'll see. I can't see him breaking the bank, at this point.

3-24-16

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

I never said they were, I said they could get there easily. No reason at all for Goff to not restructure.
I like Matthews.. I think he stays if Fowler goes.
How much will a 37 year old tackle go for? We'll see. I can't see him breaking the bank, at this point.
great question about whit but I don't ever remember an NFL year where 27 or so teams had terrible years with the O line. they say that college isn't preparing these guys for the NFL but whatever the reason this position is at its lowest time I have ever seen. Maybe Whit does have a market out there. I think they keep either matthews or fowler but not both. I hope they keep Littleton. Goff needs to restructure and then they need to go out and get O line help.

RAMFAN71
Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 am

We should and I think "will" use 2nd rounder for a G or hopefully a C. Blythe can be next man up if we can keep him. We have to address the run blocking. They were terrible last year, and I don't see that changing by just getting better. We need some new guys, maybe shift Evans to G if needed. Getting a vet G who can block would help, but I don't think we need too much more. Better coaching, hit the weights, improve your skills, and add 2 more guys to compete in there. After that, we really, really need help at Dline. I am actually more worried there at this point if we lose Brockers. Need to address that in the draft or line up a big trade somehow.

The WR needs an upgrade? That's just not true. I think every team in the league would swap WR groups with us.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

Rate this topic
  • Information