Uniform announcement

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:36 pm

I am wondering if you local folks have heard anything on the new uniform announcement. Are they waiting until the official start of the new season (March)? I think I read that Demoff is having a little fun toying with everyone with the anticipation.

grackler
Starter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Relax....I have every confidence that the clever Ram PR people will totally screw up the new unis...helmet with maybe even skinnier horns and some weird color and/or pattern combo we've never seen before.

Thus, any gear we have now will look little , if anything, like the new unis....all the better to make everyone go out and buy all new Ram gear. Well, count me out if they're arrogant and greedy enough to pull such a transparent stunt.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:16 pm

My fear as well! I'm afraid they're gonna go all 'Oregon Ducks' on us, and come up with some new wave metallic looking B.S.

Commish
Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:39 pm

grackler wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Thus, any gear we have now will look little , if anything, like the new unis....all the better to make everyone go out and buy all new Ram gear. Well, count me out if they're arrogant and greedy enough to pull such a transparent stunt.
Nope, I don't think so!

Rather, because the Rams organization doesn't wish to alienate its hard-core base of older fans from the 1960s-early-90s era, I'm expecting our team's new uniforms to be just different enough from the classic royal-blue-&-canary-yellow ones that fans will be encouraged to purchase new Rams-based products.

I'm guessing that the colors displayed on the official team website, a slightly darker blue and a yellow-gold that's almost light orange, will be featured in the new uniform design... ;) 8-) :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

UtahRam
Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 pm

Demoff said they are setting up a RAMS store at the new stadium in July and the new jerseys will be available then. I assume we'll see the new designs around draft time.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:47 am

I’d say our first draft pick will be wearing the new colors. As far as the new uniforms, the Oregon Duck idea sounds pretty good to me. I don’t hate the blue an white personally, but i’m ok with a cool change too.

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:46 am

I used to love the new uniform banter. Now I'm so sick of it that I wish they would just get it over with. I have been buying the throwback stuff for awhile now knowing that the current logos and colors are going to change. Just do it already!

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:52 am

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:46 am
I used to love the new uniform banter. Now I'm so sick of it that I wish they would just get it over with. I have been buying the throwback stuff for awhile now knowing that the current logos and colors are going to change. Just do it already!
I know it's getting old. I know teams like to do this at draft time but this isn't like the Jets. They've been planning ad talking about this this since they moved to LA. Now, when they finally have clearance to do it, they are making the fans wait. What's the point? It's not like they have one of the top picks of the draft. Could it be they are waiting for the stadium opening?

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 am

It gives the impression that they are treating this like the LeBron decision from years back. I don't think ESPN is going to have a one hour special...'The Decision-L.A. Rams"!! I agree. Just come out with it, get it over with, and let us all bitch about how they screwed up the best opportunity they had!

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:52 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 am
It gives the impression that they are treating this like the LeBron decision from years back. I don't think ESPN is going to have a one hour special...'The Decision-L.A. Rams"!! I agree. Just come out with it, get it over with, and let us all bitch about how they screwed up the best opportunity they had!
lol- Exactly

Idaho_Ram
Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:26 am

It's crazy to think that they have been talking about this for FOUR YEARS. Unbelievable that it takes that long to rebrand your team after such a significant move. I know that it's timed with the stadium...but all of it, I'm just kinda done. Can we have our stadium and uniforms already and stop renting a college field and finding loopholes in league policies to allow for wearing all whites constantly?

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:16 am

Idaho_Ram wrote:
It's crazy to think that they have been talking about this for FOUR YEARS. Unbelievable that it takes that long to rebrand your team after such a significant move. I know that it's timed with the stadium...but all of it, I'm just kinda done. Can we have our stadium and uniforms already and stop renting a college field and finding loopholes in league policies to allow for wearing all whites constantly?
China just built a hospital in 10 days. Just saying... they could have had the stadium opened for this last year. What was the excuse? a couple of years ago it rained?

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Idaho_Ram wrote:
Totally agree. This combined with some of the moves made: Extending Gurley and Goff WAY too early, screwing up the OLine, Trades that put them behind the 8 ball future-wise, salary cap hell, coaching exodus....all starts to make you wonder if anybody high up in the organization knows what they are doing.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:18 pm

Here is a possible hint of the logo and colors...

war room warrior
Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:40 pm

69RamFan wrote:

NO WAY!! No way you build a 5 Billion dollar stadium and you go plain Blue & White. It’s like you build you a 3 million dollars home and you watching a black & white TV....

I just can’t see it!

Commish
Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:49 pm

war room warrior wrote:
69RamFan wrote:

NO WAY!! No way you build a 5 Billion dollar stadium and you go plain Blue & White. It’s like you build you a 3 million dollars home and you watching a black & white TV....

I just can’t see it!
Neither can I--it looks almost identical to the Tennessee Titans' uniform in terms of colors, which is a lackluster combination of light blue and dark blue.

Where's some shade of yellow, which is something the Rams' uniforms desperately need?

Kevin Demoff seems to be playing with the minds of our team's fans... :( :o :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:32 pm

war room warrior wrote:
69RamFan wrote:

I just can’t see it!
I’m not as opposed to the blue and white as some of you are. I think it looks clean and fresh. Especially if they add a little pizzaz to the uniform. With that being said, I think the uniforms will be predominantly blue and white with some of the previous LA Rams gold (not St Louis gold) as the highlight color. No, I don’t have any inside information, it’s just purely a guess.

eas-rams
Starter

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 pm

FOR THIE RECORD THIS LOGO IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON KEVIN DEMOFF'S TWITTER ACCOUNT...

JUST SAYING...

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:29 pm

eas-rams wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 pm
FOR THIE RECORD THIS LOGO IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON KEVIN DEMOFF'S TWITTER ACCOUNT...

JUST SAYING...
It was on his account,,,
He changed his Avatar...

Rate this topic
  • Information