Rams not attending combine

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
therealheadslap75
Veteran

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:19 am

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/287 ... attendance

Very dumb in my opinion, I think seeing these players face-to-face is very important and meeting them engaging their attitudes football acumen and motivation cannot be duplicated by watching film

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 am

Teams arange meetings. The combine isn't the only time coaches and players meet. Plus the scouts will be there.

ocram23
Veteran

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:31 am

actually seems to be the trend. Broncos aren't going either. they stated they can get more done watching tape. this is not a big story

zackn
Veteran

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 am

Here's what the article actually says.
Additionally, the Rams are not sending their offensive and defensive coordinators, Kevin O'Connell and Brandon Staley, to the combine because they would rather have them in Los Angeles implementing the team's new offensive and defensive schemes, sources said.
'
The article does not say the Rams are not attending. It says that the coordinators are not attending. McVay is attending, and most likely Snead too. And as I say elsewhere, nothing was said about the position coaches.

Here's the thing about the combine. Teams don;t go to watch the players workout. That's on tape. They go to interview players. We haven't heard but odds are the Rams are not skipping that. And for all we know (though reporters do not cover this) all the normal Rams position coaches (such as OL and LB etc) will be attending and participating in the interview process.

Cornell29
Veteran

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:54 am

zackn wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 am
Here's what the article actually says.
Additionally, the Rams are not sending their offensive and defensive coordinators, Kevin O'Connell and Brandon Staley, to the combine because they would rather have them in Los Angeles implementing the team's new offensive and defensive schemes, sources said.
'
The article does not say the Rams are not attending. It says that the coordinators are not attending. McVay is attending, and most likely Snead too. And as I say elsewhere, nothing was said about the position coaches.

Here's the thing about the combine. Teams don;t go to watch the players workout. That's on tape. They go to interview players. We haven't heard but odds are the Rams are not skipping that. And for all we know (though reporters do not cover this) all the normal Rams position coaches (such as OL and LB etc) will be attending and participating in the interview process.

Agreed

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:46 pm

The Coaches are evaluating the schemes on both sides of the ball. They'll be adding new schemes and tinkering with existing ones. I think it's time to use multiple personnel groups on offense. How to use tempo during a drive and mix in different personnel and so forth. McVay and his coordinators will be busy doing that while Sneed and his group attend the combine as usual.

29TheBest
Veteran

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Exactly, the NFL has blown this combine up into a TV thing for $$$ as it always does. The coaches are not going to learn anything at the combine that they will not see on film. If you have a target player that you are unsure of from film, then the Head Coach and GM can view at the combine, or set up a personal visit.

zackn
Veteran

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 pm

29TheBest wrote:
The coaches are not going to learn anything at the combine that they will not see on film.

That depends on whether the Rams tape their player interviews.

Teams don't go to the combine to watch workouts. They go to interview players.

Can the new coordinators afford to miss that? My guess is, yeah probably.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm

zackn wrote:
29TheBest wrote:
The coaches are not going to learn anything at the combine that they will not see on film.

Coordinators will have access to interviews.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

zackn
Veteran

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:59 am

Dick84 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm
zackn wrote:
29TheBest wrote:

Coordinators will have access to interviews.
You would think.

Rate this topic