Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Ants wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:02 pm
C'mon! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???
Was it over when Trent Green went down???
:lol:

I'm just looking forward to see how we do. It's the way the league is these days. :idea:
One of my favorite movies. Belushi ruled!!!

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:36 am

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Ants wrote:

I'm just looking forward to see how we do. It's the way the league is these days. :idea:
2 hour special out there on the making of animal house and it is awesome too

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am

Claremontram wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:16 pm
Jack et al.:

I like the blue and yellow. The rest of the stuff is ok.

We need some Oline help. I hope for a big slobber Knocker of a Center in the 2nd or 3rd round of the Draft. Also a Big "CJ" type RB.

AD and Ramsey will anchor the Defense. Goff will be as good as the Oline lets him.

The Corona Virus restrictions are what is getting to me. My work has become more complicated as a result.

Rams stuff is a piece of cake.
Same here; but a good, well thought out logo would have been nice for us fans. Bracing for what the unis look like. Nike seems to turn everything to SHIT.

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

ocram23 wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Ants wrote:

On YouTube?

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 am

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:

On YouTube?
I watched it on directv. I think if went to youtube you would find it. also there is one out there on caddy shack which is awesome too

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am

ocram23 wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

On YouTube?
I watched it on directv. I think if went to youtube you would find it. also there is one out there on caddy shack which is awesome too
I previously saw the one on caddy shack. Very good. Was amazed to learn that Bill Murray had no scripted lines in the movie. They asked him to improvise.

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am
ocram23 wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:

On YouTube?
I previously saw the one on caddy shack. Very good. Was amazed to learn that Bill Murray had no scripted lines in the movie. They asked him to improvise.
and he only came in for 1 week, didn't interact with chevy chase because they don't like each other. loved the fact they purposely would fuck with ted knight and his hair. loved it when lacy underall, forget her real name, closed the set down on the day of her nude scene because all the young guys wanted to see her naked. classic stuff

29TheBest
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:56 am

Well this is not the place I envisioned us being in a couple years ago. CAP HELL, Low on top picks as usual, A OL that needs help that we may not be able to provide because of the first two issues. Way too much drama with the new logo's that are a failure IMO. The Cowboys didn't go crazy with changing logos and uniforms when they built their stadium. to me Uni's are simple, stay with the LA standard, with the Blue and Yellow of the time in Anaheim of Blue and White of older coliseum days.

On the field, I think we still need to look at some additions in FA and the draft. Some more salary relief has got to be done to lets us get the finishing touches on the season, but I have faith in the coaching staff that a decent product can be functioning out there. Expectations will be lower obviously with the teams in our division, but should force us to work harder.

Snead must be smart with the Ramsey extension, and stop putting us in CAP HELL. He never should have given Gurley that contract based off his injury in college alone and signing Goff too early was another mistake, I believe his value dropped a bit after last season and the Cooks deal was way out of line. It is hard to argue with the Donald deal as he is the best on the planet.

Let's see what we get done in the draft before panic sets in!! It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 am

29TheBest wrote:
Well this is not the place I envisioned us being in a couple years ago. CAP HELL, Low on top picks as usual, A OL that needs help that we may not be able to provide because of the first two issues. Way too much drama with the new logo's that are a failure IMO. The Cowboys didn't go crazy with changing logos and uniforms when they built their stadium. to me Uni's are simple, stay with the LA standard, with the Blue and Yellow of the time in Anaheim of Blue and White of older coliseum days.

On the field, I think we still need to look at some additions in FA and the draft. Some more salary relief has got to be done to lets us get the finishing touches on the season, but I have faith in the coaching staff that a decent product can be functioning out there. Expectations will be lower obviously with the teams in our division, but should force us to work harder.

Snead must be smart with the Ramsey extension, and stop putting us in CAP HELL. He never should have given Gurley that contract based off his injury in college alone and signing Goff too early was another mistake, I believe his value dropped a bit after last season and the Cooks deal was way out of line. It is hard to argue with the Donald deal as he is the best on the planet.

Let's see what we get done in the draft before panic sets in!! It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!
iconic organizations don't change their logos and IMO the rams fall into that category. it's embarrassing we are even talking about this. In regards to Ramsey if you feel this way we should have never have traded for him. His contract, even they get it done, is going to cost us dearly. He will be the highest paid CB in the league so get ready. This team is going to have 3 massive contracts in 2 years, AD/Goff?Ramsey, and then there will be everyone else.

Commish
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 pm

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Claremontram wrote:
Jack et al.:

We need some Oline help. I hope for a big slobber Knocker of a Center in the 2nd or 3rd round of the Draft. Also a Big "CJ" type RB.

AD and Ramsey will anchor the Defense. Goff will be as good as the Oline lets him.

The Corona Virus restrictions are what is getting to me. My work has become more complicated as a result.

Same here; but a good, well thought out logo would have been nice for us fans. Bracing for what the unis look like. Nike seems to turn everything to SHIT.
Nike is the supplier, while the Rams franchise is the client.

While Nike presumably can offer suggestions, the company ultimately produces the *exact* uniforms designed by our team.

Neither Nike nor New Era can somehow 'force' the Rams to accept any designs that the franchise doesn't desire... ;) :? :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 pm

29TheBest wrote:

I knew that ADs contract would put them in cap hell. Every team needs a starting QB, and unfortunately, the going rate in those guys is 25-30 mil +. You can't get away from that. As good as AD is, it's tough for a team to recover when you're paying a DT the highest defensive salary in the league. Good drafts will also hurt you. Both Kupp and Johnson will be deserving of nice raises. It's bittersweet. You've got to let good players walk away if you want to retain the home grown guys. Not an easy job, but all teams will go through it.

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

On YouTube?
I read a great article on Caddyshack in Sports Illustrated. Article said that Rodney Dangerfield was basically coked up during the entire shooting.

49RH8R
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Hari rama wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 am
Ants wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:00 am
Skyhook wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:38 pm

You must of never seen "Animal House"
8-) I'm glad my humor was not lost on everybody. :D
The movie was "Stripes" not Animal House.
animal house

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Commish wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 pm
Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Claremontram wrote:
Jack et al.:

Nike is the supplier, while the Rams franchise is the client.

While Nike presumably can offer suggestions, the company ultimately produces the *exact* uniforms designed by our team.

Neither Nike nor New Era can somehow 'force' the Rams to accept any designs that the franchise doesn't desire... ;) :? :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
Commish. You are 100% correct. I am not trying to deflect the Rams' responsibility; however, we know from the Rams' video that the logos WERE designed by Nike. The uniforms will be too. Just take a look at Tampa Bay and the University of Oregon to see how Nike can really screw things up. Can the NFL get Puma back? LOL.

Skyhook
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Hari rama wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 am
Ants wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:00 am
Skyhook wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:38 pm

You must of never seen "Animal House"
8-) I'm glad my humor was not lost on everybody. :D
The movie was "Stripes" not Animal House.

Pretty sure John Belushi was not in Stripes.....

....although it does sound like something Bill Murray would say, even though he didn't.

:R

MissouriRamsFan
Bench Warmer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:52 pm
Same as 1999-2001 the Rams just cannot seem to deal with a good team. The entire episode is ludicrous. The owner got what he wanted. A new stadium the super bowl in his new digs. Having watched this dog and pony show for 64 years. Nothing new.
Same old same old. The franchise is still dysfunctional. It will continue to be until someone realizes winning is the name of the game. The seventies were great. Did not win the big one, but the team was excellent. We actually had an owner who wanted to win every week and an organization who understood the goal. The eighties were not bad, but since 1990 the franchise has been incredibly incompetent and inconsistent. The Rams were the best team in the league in 2018 and if McVay would not have lost his nerve? Well you know the rest. Gurley went home because his coach lost his mojo and became a chicken because he lost one game. Todd Gurley will go for 1300 yards in Atlanta and catch 50 passes and score 15 TDs. Bank on it . The Rams will finish 5 and 11. They let Littleton get away another stupid move. As I said seen at all before. Personally, I am disgusted with the entire franchise. It gets tougher to support the Rams.
Bye. We don't need you fairweather fans anymore at this point. All you fairweather fans do is bitch and complain when they're not doing things your way. What do you expect them to do? Sign every probowl player and screw our cap up worse than it already it is? Why arent you around when they win? Why don't you comment when they do something good? Again,bye. Root for whatever flavor of the month team you want. I'm sticking with the rams.

Raminec
Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 am

Raminec wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:02 am
Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:19 am
I'm optimistic about the team and uniform. I don't see the team sucking because they don't have Gurley. Niether Fowler or Brockers were game changers, and the new DC might just make this defense better. Also, the offense may likewise be better with the addition of an OC. Can't wait!
Fowler and Brockers were very good players. It is going to be tough to replace those 2. I think you underestimate their value to this team over the years.
Fowler was good as a Ram. A lot of his success came from all of the attention paid to AD. He showed up big in a few games but also seemed to disappear at times. His contract is a gamble for the Falcons but I hope he plays well. Brockers has been a great Ram. His production dropped off last season in part because he was dealing with injuries. His contract with the Ravens is currently being held up because of concerns about a high ankle sprain he suffered last year. Rams will miss Brockers as a leader more than a player in my opinion. That aspect of his game will be the most difficult to replace. Brockers was a great Ram and I wish him well but there’s no way you can give him a three year deal. Rams couldn’t afford Fowler and couldn’t justify paying Brockers the money he MIGHT get from the Ravens. Who knows he could come back to LA if the Baltimore deal doesn’t pan out.
As I speculated. Brockers is back home. Hope this works out as well as the Roger Saffold failed signing with the Raiders some time ago. Welcome back CAPTAIN!

Rate this topic
  • Information