Kevin Demoff - Young Players - and Salary Cap

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
eas-rams
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Good Article - Demoff provided some good content as to what the Rams organization was thinking going into free agency and how they're shaping the roster this year.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/0 ... son-kiser/

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:54 pm

eas-rams wrote:
Good Article - Demoff provided some good content as to what the Rams organization was thinking going into free agency and how they're shaping the roster this year.

well we'll see what happens. kiser needs to be able to stay healthy which is a big IF

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:42 pm

ocram23 wrote:
eas-rams wrote:

well we'll see what happens. kiser needs to be able to stay healthy which is a big IF
Does he have an extensive injury history?

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
eas-rams wrote:

I just remember him being hurt. it's a long season too and tough on the body. I have no idea how these guys play a full season.

sanbagger
Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:27 am

Dick84 wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
eas-rams wrote:

no.....he was a solid LBer at UVA that progressed every year,,,,knock on him is a little slow but a solid tackler.....a True Mike in a 3-4 IMO

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 am

He’s been with the Rams for 2 seasons now and hasn’t played in a regular season game yet because of injury

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:25 am

LARAMFAN52 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 am
He’s been with the Rams for 2 seasons now and hasn’t played in a regular season game yet because of injury
This would be false.
He was active every game his rookie season, playing on special teams.

Never hurt at UVA, from what I can tell. Had an injury last year, it's the NFL.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

malibu
Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm

To me there is a lot to disagree with this article.

It's the Management's fault to sign a new contract with Gurley as early as they did. He wasn't a 6th rounder that was smoking the league and needed a raise.

Micah Kiser as highly touted as a great run stuffing ILB he has minimal coverage ability and can't stay healthy. Not to mention he looked bad initially last year in games. So the jury is still out.

If you apply his fake PR speak why did you resign Brockers if you are excited about the young talent?

Cooks deal is far from a bad one unfortunately he had several concussions last year, his previous two years with the Rams were massively productive and my guess same will be this year. So saying his deal hasn't worked out is crazy.

Sorry to say I am not a Homer I call it like I see them. There have been some serious questionable moves made this off-season.

Should have let NRC and Mathews go way before FA. That would have given us more room to maneuver in FA if we wanted. Signing Whit a 38 yr old LT for that much is crazy imo. I think we could have gotten him for less or just moved on. I would have rather applied that money towards Williams or try to pry Scherff away from Washington. I know some have they said they don't like this due to injury concerns of both players, but both are way younger than AW and both are top 3 at their position AW is not anymore.

Letting Littleton go will be like letting Saffold go the previous year. We all think we have the replacements in-house but we dont. The draft doesn't lineup well for ILBs and FA was light overall for ILBs. I understand some feel his lack of run support in the middle was a big factor sure maybe, but combined with Kiser the run D would be fine with what we have added. But losing NRC and Littleton is not great. Over time you will see our ILBs struggle in helping in coverage like Saffold really helped in the run game.

Cornell29
Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 pm

malibu wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm
To me there is a lot to disagree with this article.

It's the Management's fault to sign a new contract with Gurley as early as they did. He wasn't a 6th rounder that was smoking the league and needed a raise.

Micah Kiser as highly touted as a great run stuffing ILB he has minimal coverage ability and can't stay healthy. Not to mention he looked bad initially last year in games. So the jury is still out.

If you apply his fake PR speak why did you resign Brockers if you are excited about the young talent?

Cooks deal is far from a bad one unfortunately he had several concussions last year, his previous two years with the Rams were massively productive and my guess same will be this year. So saying his deal hasn't worked out is crazy.

Sorry to say I am not a Homer I call it like I see them. There have been some serious questionable moves made this off-season.

Should have let NRC and Mathews go way before FA. That would have given us more room to maneuver in FA if we wanted. Signing Whit a 38 yr old LT for that much is crazy imo. I think we could have gotten him for less or just moved on. I would have rather applied that money towards Williams or try to pry Scherff away from Washington. I know some have they said they don't like this due to injury concerns of both players, but both are way younger than AW and both are top 3 at their position AW is not anymore.

Letting Littleton go will be like letting Saffold go the previous year. We all think we have the replacements in-house but we dont. The draft doesn't lineup well for ILBs and FA was light overall for ILBs. I understand some feel his lack of run support in the middle was a big factor sure maybe, but combined with Kiser the run D would be fine with what we have added. But losing NRC and Littleton is not great. Over time you will see our ILBs struggle in helping in coverage like Saffold really helped in the run game.
How do we know Young isnt a good replacement for Littleton? I remember when people wonder who would replace Olgetree, bc they knew very little about Littleton.

NRC signed for around 1.3 million. The entire NFL doesnt seem to think much of him being that's the most he can get.

I do agree the rams failed to replace Saffold, but they did successfully replace Olgetree, Jenkins, Joyner, etc before that.

Rate this topic
  • Information