We are thru this pandemic

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
HellRam
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:22 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

ElAcky wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:30 am
HellRam wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 am
ElAcky wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:08 am
I don’t normally post things like this but this one is pretty good

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/this- ... capsu.html
Meh. Stuff like this is only funny when it is realistic. The Dems are the proponents of shutting down the economy and ironically they are the rich people they pretend to oppose (Gates, Bezos, Zuckerburg, Bloomberg, ect). If Pelosi's husband or say planned parenthood have a problem recieving PPE money then they should return it.

I will say though. ZN's meme did give me a chuckle.

However, I'll be the first to admit that Trump has had a terrible year. Not a fan have anouther stimulus bill in the least.
Just checked and apart from Bloomberg, they are all non affiliated.... I guess you make this assumption based on how they feel about Trump.... but then you could say this about a lot of republicans!!!

It’s clear that these large corporates are out of hand and need to pay their taxes...

The US really need to put stringent limits on political donations and lobbying.. most western countries call this corruption.
Non affiliated??? Are you a idiot? Bezos owns WaPo a left wing news source. Gates has donated to many Dems in the past. Bloomberg actually ran as a Democrat candidate and he might be the most centrist of them all.

I actually agree the corporations and big tech need to pay a lot more of their share. However, this idea that the Dems will make them is one of the biggest lies in political history. Trump or Biden odds are you'll be getting the same result.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:26 pm

HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Meh. Stuff like this is only funny when it is realistic. The Dems are the proponents of shutting down the economy and ironically they are the rich people they pretend to oppose (Gates, Bezos, Zuckerburg, Bloomberg, ect). If Pelosi's husband or say planned parenthood have a problem recieving PPE money then they should return it.

However, I'll be the first to admit that Trump has had a terrible year. Not a fan have anouther stimulus bill in the least.
Just checked and apart from Bloomberg, they are all non affiliated.... I guess you make this assumption based on how they feel about Trump.... but then you could say this about a lot of republicans!!!

It’s clear that these large corporates are out of hand and need to pay their taxes...

The US really need to put stringent limits on political donations and lobbying.. most western countries call this corruption.
Non affiliated??? Are you a idiot? Bezos owns WaPo a left wing news source. Gates has donated to many Dems in the past. Bloomberg actually ran as a Democrat candidate and he might be the most centrist of them all.

I actually agree the corporations and big tech need to pay a lot more of their share. However, this idea that the Dems will make them is one of the biggest lies in political history. Trump or Biden odds are you'll be getting the same result.
well said

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:46 pm

HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Washington Post is only left because Trumpy says it is... Heck he is calling Fox leftist lately!!!

Another point to note is that Trump was a Democrat before he was an independent then a Republican...

All the people you mentioned (even Bloomberg) have donated to the Republican Party at some point... look it up

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 pm

ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Washington Post is only left because Trumpy says it is... Heck he is calling Fox leftist lately!!!

Another point to note is that Trump was a Democrat before he was an independent then a Republican...

All the people you mentioned (even Bloomberg) have donated to the Republican Party at some point... look it up
You're right about who they donated too. However, being a Republican really doesn't mean anything in terms of agenda. Most Repubs stand for nothing excpet for winning elections and taking care of their donors and businesses. As for WaPo they have leaned left long before Trumpy said this or that. Let's be real here. You can't go around saying Fox is right wing while ignoring the otherside of the aisle. In terms of diverse opinion atleast Fox has contributers that are both left and right. You can't say that about CNN or MSNBC these days.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:08 pm

HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:

You're right about who they donated too. However, being a Republican really doesn't mean anything in terms of agenda. Most Repubs stand for nothing excpet for winning elections and taking care of their donors and businesses. As for WaPo they have leaned left long before Trumpy said this or that. Let's be real here. You can't go around saying Fox is right wing while ignoring the otherside of the aisle. In terms of diverse opinion atleast Fox has contributers that are both left and right. You can't say that about CNN or MSNBC these days.
I don’t watch CNN or MSNBC so can’t comment but Fox is right wing borderline nutty at times... c’mon dude you have to admit that!!!!

One moment they are calling CV a hoax and next minute they are blaming the Dems in some weird conspiracy theory... without acknowledging they called it a hoax without a shrewd of evidence... that’s not news my friend!!

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:14 pm

ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I don’t watch CNN or MSNBC so can’t comment but Fox is right wing borderline nutty at times... c’mon dude you have to admit that!!!!

One moment they are calling CV a hoax and next minute they are blaming the Dems in some weird conspiracy theory... without acknowledging they called it a hoax without a shrewd of evidence... that’s not news my friend!!
you're right CNN OR MSNBC doesn't have an agenda right???? tell me this when reporting on Epstein and his island how come they never mention Clinton has been there 26 times???? just a coincidence??? give me a break.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:18 pm

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:

you're right CNN OR MSNBC doesn't have an agenda right???? tell me this when reporting on Epstein and his island how come they never mention Clinton has been there 26 times???? just a coincidence??? give me a break.
I’m sure they do but as I said I don’t want to comment on something I don’t follow

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm

ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Nobody called the virus a hoax except for Hannity. Personally I've never cared for him. As for Fox being nutty I would like some examples please....

They also have people like Jaun Williams, Neil Cavuto, Rivera who are Dems who work there. They also have Progressive guest on Fox as well. Say what you want they are the only cable news network that objective and diverse opinions.

Per usual leftist like you think anyone who doesn't regurgitate the Dems talking points is "right wing".

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 pm

HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Nobody called the virus a hoax except for Hannity. Personally I've never cared for him. As for Fox being nutty I would like some examples please....

They also have people like Jaun Williams, Neil Cavuto, Rivera who are Dems who work there. They also have Progressive guest on Fox as well. Say what you want they are the only cable news network that objective and diverse opinions.

Per usual leftist like you think anyone who doesn't regurgitate the Dems talking points is "right wing".
You asked for it

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 pm
HellRam wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

You asked for it

I already said Hannity was wrong about it. No debate there. As for the rest of the video it's fake news. For example when Waters said he isn't afriad of the virus....that doesn't mean its "fake". I'm not afaird of it either but I can still acknowledge it exist. There is a difference between saying something is a hoax as opposed to saying the threat isn't what it was originally reported.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:52 pm

ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I’m sure they do but as I said I don’t want to comment on something I don’t follow
yeah you don't follow those 2 but you follow Fox??? really??? you are so transparent

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 pm

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

yeah you don't follow those 2 but you follow Fox??? really??? you are so transparent
I don’t actively watch Fox but it is in your face... every other story on my news aggregator is fox

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:52 am

ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I don’t actively watch Fox but it is in your face... every other story on my news aggregator is fox
Why is it you support and have posted virtually every Marxist media agenda point verbatim if you don't do their sites ya liar.
Why do you think you aren't taken serious?.. because we've heard all your bullshit months and even years ago.
You sprinkling things with your jealous hatred of America doesn't make it the latest news, it makes it concocted leftist BS with your bullshit added on.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:26 am

Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

Why is it you support and have posted virtually every Marxist media agenda point verbatim if you don't do their sites ya liar.
Why do you think you aren't taken serious?.. because we've heard all your bullshit months and even years ago.
You sprinkling things with your jealous hatred of America doesn't make it the latest news, it makes it concocted leftist BS with your bullshit added on.
You should know better than call me liar...

I post from a great number of sites and you call them all left wing if it doesn’t fit your agenda...

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:32 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I post from a great number of sites and you call them all left wing if it doesn’t fit your agenda...
You post nothing but leftist Anti American BULLSHIT... period.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:42 am

Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

So says you.... all you post is nonsense, opinions and conspiracy theories backed with a whole lot of abuse...

If it was Twitter the filters would kick in on each of your ridiculous posts

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:16 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

So says you.... all you post is nonsense, opinions and conspiracy theories backed with a whole lot of abuse...

he is 100% right about you.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Truth is only abuse if your weakling sheeple that don't think for themselves.
BTW there's few bigger Marxist media entities than Twitter. Not surprised that you think the membership is worth something or quote them as a source.
They ban conservative opinions but allow the Iranian despot and others of his ilk free will and so do commies like you and our Democrats.. not for much longer..
I have no accounts with any of them leftist sellouts at 'Big Tech".
Watch what happens to them in the near future.... in America.
For example, Microsoft stopped negotiating to buy Tik Tok when the President said he was banning them from the US. Stay tuned and get your race cards ready to go!

zackn
Veteran

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:20 am

If you guys really want to talk about media & info, you are not even covering the basics. If ALL you have is Fox v. what YOU call the MSM, then, you are very limited in what you even know.

I am talking about print journalism here. I have not watched tv news for a couple of decades if not more. I wouldn't even know how to find the channels without searching my direct-tv menu.

First off the MSM is not one unified thing. Second off in this day and age you are not even restricted to reading American print news--there's a ton of material written in English from all over the world.

In terms of an issue like the virus, there's also a ton of for-the-public medical blogs and journals and news mags.

When it comes to reporting on the virus, all the MSM does is go to the medical community and ask questions. What you then get is the medical community speaking.

Beyond that, informed medical people regularly take info to social media, including Facebook and twitter. That supplements what you get through other sources.

And beyond THAT there are all sorts of niche sites and journals, of all kinds, all over the place.

Plus remember the pandemic is happening all over the world, so you are not restricted to just American sources on this.

If ALL you've got is "I watch Fox and the rest is liberal lies," then basically, you know nothing about news in the USA--and are GIVING AWAY the fact that you know nothing.

And ironically, half the time all you're doing is parroting Fox and Trump without knowing how to fact check their statements. So all these Fox parrots do this heavily ironic thing where they berate others for simply parroting "the media." It's ham-handed, simplistic, partisan nonsense.

Covid-19 deniers are as bad as flat earth advocates and "no moon landing" conspiracy theorists. Only, they're more of a danger to themselves and others than those other looney views are. At this point there is an entire news sub-genre of stories about or testimonials by anti-maskers and other covid-19 denier types who got sick or died. Many of them, the ones who lived, now begging others to cut it out and listen to the actual real medical info.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am

Hospital visits for covid in a freefall in Arizona, Florida a week or two behind. Texas to follow as this virus burns out. Legacy death reporting will inflate the numbers for weeks I think.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:06 am

toast49 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am
Hospital visits for covid in a freefall in Arizona, Florida a week or two behind. Texas to follow as this virus burns out. Legacy death reporting will inflate the numbers for weeks I think.
Oh man dude... how many times are you going to get things wrong... I would stop making predictions if I were you!!!

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am

The narrative will turn to a "casedemic" soon which is currently happening in the UK.

zackn
Veteran

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:25 pm

COVID-19 hospitalizations rising across 35 states
California reaches 500000 cases of coronavirus and 10 states hit a record number of deaths

vid:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/c ... s-72130667
===

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Levitt, Ioannidis, Giesceke, Heneghan, Friston, Gupta, and many others were correct all along but were censored, ignored and/or vilified

Rate this topic
  • Information