is LA stuck with Chargers?

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
User avatar
Safety Blitz
Veteran
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Anyone know if the Chargers would be open to getting a stadium of their own. Hate it that they're here.

Saw a few Chargers signs on cars in West LA yesterday....


"In McVay We Trust!"

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:37 pm

Saw Charger signs on cars huh. Get use to it. LA Charger with cool uniforms, cool logo, or LA Gradient Wave with high school soccer uniforms, and a gender confusing logo. Which one do you think will take off?



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Safety Blitz wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm
Anyone know if the Chargers would be open to getting a stadium of their own. Hate it that they're here.

Saw a few Chargers signs on cars in West LA yesterday....
If the Chargers could've somehow gotten a new stadium built in San Diego, they would've stayed there in the first place.

While I do believe that Dean Spanos botched some of his franchise's proposals for stadium construction, the major issue is that California voters are simply too smart to 'pony up' their tax revenues to build a stadium that would primarily benefit a multimillionaire NFL team owner.

If Spanos could get something positive done about a new stadium finally being constructed in San Diego, he would very likely move the Chargers back there--I wouldn't expect that to happen in the near future, however.

Southern California residents determined to support a local NFL franchise will have to make a choice for their #1 team--time to make that decision... :) 8-) :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:37 pm
Saw Charger signs on cars huh. Get use to it. LA Charger with cool uniforms, cool logo, or LA Gradient Wave with high school soccer uniforms, and a gender confusing logo. Which one do you think will take off?
Time to choose!! ;) :? :!:

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Raminec
Veteran
Posts: 2097
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:21 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:37 pm
Saw Charger signs on cars huh. Get use to it. LA Charger with cool uniforms, cool logo, or LA Gradient Wave with high school soccer uniforms, and a gender confusing logo. Which one do you think will take off?
L A Chargers πŸ˜‚. I’ve seen their signs. Not on cars though πŸ˜‚

I think this is the Chargers Suite at SOFI.

DCD6D9FE-9C83-4BC2-A37A-1526791A52B4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
SinCityRam
Bench Warmer
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Chargers should have never left San Diego. Qualcomm was usually full of charger fans if memory serves correct. Lately their attendance since moving to LA has been down right embarrassing. They seem to never have a proper home game and I think I’ve recently read Melvin Gordon making a comment about how he acknowledged and realized how little support the chargers have gotten in LA during his time with them.


β€œIf you ram it just right, you can ram it all night.”

-Eric Dickerson

toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3768
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Chargers were formed in LA. Rams in Cleveland. Another dumb post by the board jester. Liberal educated asshole



Rams57
Starter
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Chargers have what may be the best uniforms in NFL. Rams now near the bottom in uniforms. Both teams have lame logos. Maybe the cool uniforms may help gain more young fans, for the Chargers. I remember how proud I was as a kid, that my team the Rams, had the best helmet and uniform in the league. I won't be wearing any new Rams gear. I wouldn't be happy with the lame bolt logo, wouldn't wear it, if I was a Chargers' guy. Love the old Rams logo, love the first year, 1960 Chargers logo. Rams and Chargers should have gone back to their old good logos. Hard for me to accept that the Chargers, now have a better helmet than the Rams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



Rams57
Starter
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:02 pm

Do you think new Ram head looks good or like crap? I think the Chargers secondary logo is the first year logo. If that is true, it's way better than the new Ram head. I have no problem with the Chargers moving back home, like the Rams did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 pm

toast49 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm
Chargers were formed in LA. Rams in Cleveland. Another dumb post by the board jester. Liberal educated asshole
Keep your damned politics in the political threads, the Chargers' situation can be "ideological" for you there... ;) :? :x

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 am

I reckon they will be back in San Diego within 5 years...

Rams will nail the LA market and Chargers will not accept second fiddle.

Just look at their uniforms... they are nice for sure (I really like them).. but nothing new to grab a new market..

The other point is that the Rams are throwing lots of money at this... not seeing the Chargers doing the same given the balance sheet of their owner.



User avatar
Hacksaw
Starter
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:38 am
Location: ON A BEACH IN SOCAL
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 am

toast49 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm
Chargers were formed in LA. Rams in Cleveland. Another dumb post by the board jester. Liberal educated asshole
Chargers needed a stadium and played 1 season in LA.
Rams were the first pro team in CA, and played in LA for nearly half a century.
Another dumb agro post by what I assume is a conservative educated azz hole.

Or did I not get the joke? We're all Ram bros right?


THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 am

Rams57 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm
Chargers have what may be the best uniforms in NFL. Rams now near the bottom in uniforms. Both teams have lame logos. Maybe the cool uniforms may help gain more young fans, for the Chargers. I remember how proud I was as a kid, that my team the Rams, had the best helmet and uniform in the league. I won't be wearing any new Rams gear. I wouldn't be happy with the lame bolt logo, wouldn't wear it, if I was a Chargers' guy. Love the old Rams logo, love the first year, 1960 Chargers logo. Rams and Chargers should have gone back to their old good logos. Hard for me to accept that the Chargers, now have a better helmet than the Rams.
chargers powder blue unis are one of the best in the league IMO



User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:42 am

ocram23 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 am
Rams57 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm
Chargers have what may be the best uniforms in NFL. Rams now near the bottom in uniforms. Both teams have lame logos. Maybe the cool uniforms may help gain more young fans, for the Chargers. I remember how proud I was as a kid, that my team the Rams, had the best helmet and uniform in the league. I won't be wearing any new Rams gear. I wouldn't be happy with the lame bolt logo, wouldn't wear it, if I was a Chargers' guy. Love the old Rams logo, love the first year, 1960 Chargers logo. Rams and Chargers should have gone back to their old good logos. Hard for me to accept that the Chargers, now have a better helmet than the Rams.
chargers powder blue unis are one of the best in the league IMO
looks good on the field but not in the Mall !! will struggle with merchandise.



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:45 am

ElAcky wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:42 am
ocram23 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 am
Rams57 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm
Chargers have what may be the best uniforms in NFL. Rams now near the bottom in uniforms. Both teams have lame logos. Maybe the cool uniforms may help gain more young fans, for the Chargers. I remember how proud I was as a kid, that my team the Rams, had the best helmet and uniform in the league. I won't be wearing any new Rams gear. I wouldn't be happy with the lame bolt logo, wouldn't wear it, if I was a Chargers' guy. Love the old Rams logo, love the first year, 1960 Chargers logo. Rams and Chargers should have gone back to their old good logos. Hard for me to accept that the Chargers, now have a better helmet than the Rams.
chargers powder blue unis are one of the best in the league IMO
looks good on the field but not in the Mall !! will struggle with merchandise.
powder blue unis have always sold well. I went to college in SD and this team had a great following. Problem now is the SD fans are so pissed off about them moving they won't support anything anyway. Horrible financial move by Spanos.



User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am

ocram23 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:45 am
ElAcky wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:42 am
ocram23 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 am


chargers powder blue unis are one of the best in the league IMO
looks good on the field but not in the Mall !! will struggle with merchandise.
powder blue unis have always sold well. I went to college in SD and this team had a great following. Problem now is the SD fans are so pissed off about them moving they won't support anything anyway. Horrible financial move by Spanos.
I don't know man.... may be individual taste but for me the panthers, Lions, Titans and Chargers blue jerseys look awful in day wear... the traditional colours work much better.. in that way the patriots jerseys are well thought through.

Notice also that the titans, panthers and now chargers have gone for a dark look alternate for that reason i think



Claremontram
Veteran
Posts: 1858
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57 am
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 am

Chargers belong in SD. They had a strong, stable fan base there. They will never get any real traction here in LA. Don't underestimate the half century of Rams football here in Socal.

I hope Spanos crawls back to SD and cuts a deal with the fan base to build a stadium there.



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am

ElAcky wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 am
I reckon they will be back in San Diego within 5 years...

Rams will nail the LA market and Chargers will not accept second fiddle.

Just look at their uniforms... they are nice for sure (I really like them).. but nothing new to grab a new market..

The other point is that the Rams are throwing lots of money at this... not seeing the Chargers doing the same given the balance sheet of their owner.
no they won't. the city of SD will not pass anything that allows the people of SD to pay 1 cent for a new stadium. Spanos tried for 14 years to get something passed and failed.



User avatar
UtahRam
Veteran
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am

Yeah, their uniforms are boss as fuck. You have to give them credit; no messing around with the logo, beautiful traditional color options, they have the best togs in the league. We went from first to last...smdh. I still can't believe how bad this whole thing went down.



toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3768
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 am

Commish wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 pm
toast49 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm
Chargers were formed in LA. Rams in Cleveland. Another dumb post by the board jester. Liberal educated asshole
Keep your damned politics in the political threads, the Chargers' situation can be "ideological" for you there... ;) :? :x

ram pathos...

--The Commish
Simmer down. Dumb thread.



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am

UtahRam wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am
Yeah, their uniforms are boss as fuck. You have to give them credit; no messing around with the logo, beautiful traditional color options, they have the best togs in the league. We went from first to last...smdh. I still can't believe how bad this whole thing went down.
I agree



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:26 pm

Claremontram wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 am
Chargers belong in SD. They had a strong, stable fan base there. They will never get any real traction here in LA. Don't underestimate the half century of Rams football here in Socal.

I hope Spanos crawls back to SD and cuts a deal with the fan base to build a stadium there.
Agreed!

However, by NFL franchise owner standards, Dean Spanos is a relative pauper, so the taxpayers of San Diego would have to be willing to 'pony up' most of the financing for a new stadium. Thus far, they've proven unwilling to do so.

There was the same problem with Los Angeles 20 years ago, when the NFL was trying to place an expansion team there--the public financing simply wasn't available to construct a new stadium.

Still, the Chargers ideally should be in San Diego... ;) :? :cry:

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:03 pm

ocram23 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am
UtahRam wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am
Yeah, their uniforms are boss as fuck. You have to give them credit; no messing around with the logo, beautiful traditional color options, they have the best togs in the league. We went from first to last...smdh. I still can't believe how bad this whole thing went down.
I agree
This thing, the way it went down was our worst nightmare. A redesign of the uniforms is one thing, but none of us.....NONE of us would have guessed that they would remove the horns. Aside from leaving LA, it was absolutely the worst franchise decision ever. The horns were iconic. Plain and simple. How do they explain going from one of the best ranked uniforms, to one of the worst.



User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 pm

Commish wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:26 pm
Claremontram wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 am
Chargers belong in SD. They had a strong, stable fan base there. They will never get any real traction here in LA. Don't underestimate the half century of Rams football here in Socal.

I hope Spanos crawls back to SD and cuts a deal with the fan base to build a stadium there.
Agreed!

However, by NFL franchise owner standards, Dean Spanos is a relative pauper, so the taxpayers of San Diego would have to be willing to 'pony up' most of the financing for a new stadium. Thus far, they've proven unwilling to do so.

There was the same problem with Los Angeles 20 years ago, when the NFL was trying to place an expansion team there--the public financing simply wasn't available to construct a new stadium.

Still, the Chargers ideally should be in San Diego... ;) :? :cry:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
Best bet is for Spanos to sell up and a new wealthier owner to build a stadium in a new market ( maybe not SD)



Rams57
Starter
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Great post 08ny !!! Will uniforms have a positive or negative affect on new L.A. football fans, that both teams are seeking? If the Chargers have a winning season with killer unis , and the RAMS have a losing season, with unis that half the fan base and NFL fans both hate, does that mean anything? Will watching the Rams play in uniforms you hate, make watching the game less enjoyable? Will it be like watching the Rams in crap St. Louis uniforms again, but worse with no ram horns on the helmet? Makes no difference to those who love new Rams' uniform, or if the Rams have a great year, I get that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rams57 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Post Reply
Rate this topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests