NFL top 100 players 2020

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
User avatar
SinCityRam
Bench Warmer
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm
Contact:

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Anybody follow this list? They’ve got Cooper Kupp at 89 which is extremely low for a WR of his talent with the stats he put up last year. The media constantly shitting on the rams is nothing new to us here on this board, so I’m very doubtful any other rams besides Jalen Ramsey and Aaron Donald will make the list.

Thoughts? Predictions of possible rams on this list and where they might land?


If you ram it just right, you can ram it all night.

-Eric Dickerson

User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4638
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:24 am

i think Cooper Kupp is great but his ranking feels about right to me... another season like the one he just had and might be very different.



luckenbill56
Starter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm
Contact:

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:37 pm

In my 63 years of Rams fandom. I agree with the above comment. The team usually gets hosed when top players are listed.



User avatar
SinCityRam
Bench Warmer
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm
Contact:

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:09 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:24 am
i think Cooper Kupp is great but his ranking feels about right to me... another season like the one he just had and might be very different.
We’ll have to agree to disagree, my rams brethren.

This list is supposed to represent the top 100 players of the 2019 season only. Statistically speaking, Cooper Kupp had a better 2019 than OBJ - but I can almost promise you OBJ will probably end up in the top 50. If that’s the case, that just ain’t right. Especially considering the injustice that Robert Woods likely won’t even make this list after a solid 2019 1000+ yard season.


If you ram it just right, you can ram it all night.

-Eric Dickerson

User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4638
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:26 am

Goff doesn't make the list but Gurley does.... complete Joke !!



armyram
Veteran
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:13 am

ElAcky wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:26 am
Goff doesn't make the list but Gurley does.... complete Joke !!
He didn’t even make the “just missed“ list.



User avatar
Idaho_Ram
Veteran
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:07 am
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:54 am

armyram wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:13 am
ElAcky wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:26 am
Goff doesn't make the list but Gurley does.... complete Joke !!
He didn’t even make the “just missed“ list.
The fact that Goff is not on the list is not a shock. The fact that Jimmy G is 43 is enough to throw this whole list away.



Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:21 am
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 am

Goff was 32 in 2019 and 38 in 2018, so looks like he's been judged harshly on his poor last season. It would appear that the people writing the list weren't prepared to give him a pass based on the circumstances.

To be fair, he's judged fairly harshly by some Rams fans, so we shouldn't be surprised.



Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:21 am
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:21 am

As mentioned though, there's no way on last season Goff could rank top 100.



Faulk28allworld
Starter
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:54 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Idaho_Ram wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:54 am
armyram wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:13 am
ElAcky wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:26 am
Goff doesn't make the list but Gurley does.... complete Joke !!
He didn’t even make the “just missed“ list.
The fact that Goff is not on the list is not a shock. The fact that Jimmy G is 43 is enough to throw this whole list away.
Goff wasnt better than JG this season ans the year we went to the SB Goff I believe was 32. I dont know what youre complaining about. Goff wasnt good this season. Some need to take the blinders off. JG probably isnt #43, but he is definately above Goff based on last season.



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1429
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:13 pm

Faulk28allworld wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Goff wasnt good this season. Some need to take the blinders off.
You would be hard-pressed to name many qbs who play well behind subpar, injury compromised OLs.

I would say Goff played pretty damn well under those circumstances, considering. Bulger played under the same circumstances (if not worse) in 2007 and it pretty much ruined him.

The blindspot I keep seeing is the one that excludes that issue--what happens to qbs when the OL collapses for multiple games? Some never seem to factor that in.




User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9194
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:36 pm

I hope this motivates Goff for this up coming season....

This list supposedly comes from his peers....

But they had Josh Allen and Kyle Murray making the top 100 with worst stats number than Goff...

I can see Allen being on there, cause he got his team to the playoffs...

But Murray..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two games,,,, A missed FG against the Hag, and the Defense giving up back to back two third and 16yds to lose against the 9ers that cause us from making the playoffs...

If we would of won those games,,,, Goff would of been on the top 100...

But I'm totally miffed that Gurley Makes it at the top 50 with his bad numbers as far as rushing??? Yes he had 15TD,,, but those were mostly from short yardage gains...

I would of had Woods before Gurley,,,
Woods had the best all purpose yards from scrimmage....
His numbers were better than Kupp….



armyram
Veteran
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Yorkshire Ram wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 am
Goff was 32 in 2019 and 38 in 2018, so looks like he's been judged harshly on his poor last season. It would appear that the people writing the list weren't prepared to give him a pass based on the circumstances.

To be fair, he's judged fairly harshly by some Rams fans, so we shouldn't be surprised.
The players vote this list! So he’s being judged by his peers, so are the fans that off based. Saying that... I am surprised he didn’t make the “just missed” list.



D-GenerationX
Veteran
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:53 am
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Fans here in town losing their shit Wentz isn't on the list.

He was NUMBER 3 OVERALL just 2 years ago. Now? Off the list.


A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1429
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:37 pm

On the players voting and it coming from peers.

Honestly that doesn't mean much. No player plays against every other player, and no player watches every game (which would amount to 16 games a week times 16 weeks or 196 games, which even with edited versions are at least 2 hours, so that's 392 hours, which watching 3 games a day would take 65-6 days...even if SOME players actually do do that, you can bet it's not even a fraction of all 1700 or so of them).

Player voting for this is the same as for the pro bowl. It's reputation, rumors, hearsay, and maybe seeing lots of highlights.



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:24 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:36 pm
I hope this motivates Goff for this up coming season....

This list supposedly comes from his peers....

But they had Josh Allen and Kyle Murray making the top 100 with worst stats number than Goff...

I can see Allen being on there, cause he got his team to the playoffs...

But Murray..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two games,,,, A missed FG against the Hag, and the Defense giving up back to back two third and 16yds to lose against the 9ers that cause us from making the playoffs...

If we would of won those games,,,, Goff would of been on the top 100...

But I'm totally miffed that Gurley Makes it at the top 50 with his bad numbers as far as rushing??? Yes he had 15TD,,, but those were mostly from short yardage gains...

I would of had Woods before Gurley,,,
Woods had the best all purpose yards from scrimmage....
His numbers were better than Kupp….
As you know not a huge fan of Goff HOWEVER there is no way in hell Josh Allen makes this list and not Goff. Complete joke



User avatar
SinCityRam
Bench Warmer
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm
Contact:

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:05 pm

D-GenerationX wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 pm
Fans here in town losing their shit Wentz isn't on the list.

He was NUMBER 3 OVERALL just 2 years ago. Now? Off the list.
How the mighty have fallen!


If you ram it just right, you can ram it all night.

-Eric Dickerson

User avatar
DMRamFan
Veteran
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: South Orange County, CA

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Patrick Mahomes is 4th, lol.

Okay, let’s just get it out of the way: once No. 4 was revealed, we all should have deleted this garbage.

There hasn’t been an NFL player so clearly at the top since Tom Brady in 2007. Patrick Mahomes arguably shouldn’t even qualify for this list — he’s not that much better than the rest. A more intriguing list would be the “Top 100 after Patrick Mahomes.” If voted on my respectable humans, of course; not these trolls.

32 out of 32 NFL GMs would draft Mahomes first overall. About 29 of them would move cities to do so.

Mahomes is the best player in sports. Either these players who voted are jealous hacks or they were incentivized to vote like morons to get the sports world talking. By the way, if it’s the second, the joke is on them because sports media is too obsessed with the NBA’s restart today to dive into the ranking for more than a few minutes.

Also, how is Deshaun Watson 20th? He is a star despite a coach/GM who has no business holding either title. Watson just wins. There’s no way in hell anyone alive thinks Travis Kelce (18) or Chandler Jones (15) is better.

If we are using the draft argument, Watson is going, at worst, fourth behind Mahomes, Russell Wilson, and Lamar Jackson. He has a strong case to go second after Mr. Number 4, Patrick Mahomes.

Carson Wentz didn’t even make the list. Apparently, it didn’t matter he led his team to the playoffs throwing to a bunch of bloggers. When healthy, Wentz is a top-five QB. Yet, Brandon Brooks made the list over him. (No, I didn’t make that name up.)

This list lost any credibility it had left.

No one despises cancel culture more than I do. I abhor it. It’s nothing but a bunch of losers looking to make others as miserable as they are. But this list warrants it.


Change my mind

User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1955
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:58 pm

No one despises cancel culture more than I do. I abhor it. It’s nothing but a bunch of losers looking to make others as miserable as they are. But this list warrants it.
You're challenging individual opinions which you disagree with, which I believe is the definition of so-called "cancel culture," and of course that's protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

I'm doubtful that the NFL Network is wimpy and insecure enough to submit its list to "cancellation" anyway.

There have been aspects of each "Top 100 Players" list which I've found to be ridiculous... :) :? :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
DMRamFan
Veteran
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: South Orange County, CA

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 am

Commish wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:58 pm

No one despises cancel culture more than I do. I abhor it. It’s nothing but a bunch of losers looking to make others as miserable as they are. But this list warrants it.
You're challenging individual opinions which you disagree with, which I believe is the definition of so-called "cancel culture," and of course that's protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

I'm doubtful that the NFL Network is wimpy and insecure enough to submit its list to "cancellation" anyway.

There have been aspects of each "Top 100 Players" list which I've found to be ridiculous... :) :? :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
I’m not falling for another one of your baits here in the bantering. You know better than that. But, Welcome back Commish.

So you want a crazier top 100 where Ramsey didn’t make it? Check this out...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nfl-today/


Change my mind

Post Reply
Rate this topic
  • Information