Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:48 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Rampager66 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:51 pm
RamPower wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am
Rampager66 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:59 pm

At it again eh??? Fuck off with the banning. You piss me off with this shit and you know i'm gonna call you on it. Again If we don't like someone's act, we don't respond..... Man up or shut up...That's the choices.
Nobody needs your permission to start a thread, comment in one or post a link/attachment... and your threat to round up all your little fuckin spitey girlfriends and circle pout is as childish as it gets. You think that makes you look like a winner? You probably do...
You're only problem AFAIC is you aren't smart enough to make him go away on your own, same with brasil and a couple others and it's pissing you off... You act like you're so much smarter though so how can that be???
There's over a hundred members in here I can't stand, Yet I have none on ignore, I will still exchange with them all and will lobby for no one to be banned. That's the kinda site Upland set up here... ask him and then learn to live and let live. So far, you have shown you struggle mightily in this regard … IMO.
Kinda agree, somewhat...

But so you wouldn't ban for trolling for instance? (Go Seahawks!). That is, somebody with a simple disruption agenda to purposely spread misinformation = Aaron Donald tears rotator cuff, requires surgery - off for 4 to 6 months.

Being an idiot is one thing, a troll another. And I mean any trolling internet intended misinformation campaign - anywhere from the twerp in the basement, all the way to foreign interference to fuck with America.

Agree, this isn't anything other than a forum under Upland's rule. Like it or leave. I'd say everyone here likes it. And yes, I've never blocked anyone before either. I leave that up to the moderator.
As for someone deliberately trolling, if I don't respond to them they won't be talking to me. We all know when one is afoot and it's not hard to ignore them consciously rather then electronically. For me anyways.
Other then that RamPower, I think this is the 1st thing we've agreed on...other then the Rams!
Hope there's much more as we go along.
Oh I know, they just want attention and ignoring them is best. But I suppose my forum fault is that I often can't let it go. It's like the nutcase fan running around on the field during a game. Sure, policy is that TV won't air the event, thus avoiding giving the jerk his desired national attention...but don't you love it when a player knocks the holy fuck out of him? (Mike Curtis laying out the fan in '71 :D ).

Sure, again I suppose it's best to let cooler heads prevail in the case of the physically laying out fans on the field - suppose it was just somebody with learning disabilities? On a fan forum though, learning disabilities be damned :D

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:02 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 pm

What part of the following that I just said earlier today in this thread do you not understand:

Then he should go also or take it to off topic. I show no favorites with this crap and again none of it is political BS with me.

Do you need me to find other comments over the years in here, that I said take the non-football crap to off topic, no matter what their political stance was?

Listen rampager fact is you and I have had a lot of good football discussions in here over the years. But then some new poster like 357 or whatever the hell he calls himself comes in here and starts his non football shit and instead of telling him to take such crap to off topic you instead engage with him because you agree with his non football stance. All I am saying is tell such posters it’s why upland created off topic. You know damn right well most in here feel the same way like x, malibu, etc........ long time good posters who don’t want this crap in this Rams discussion forum.
Hey I'm Ok taking the Politics to Off Topic and calling people out but you better be consistent, and you're not. Perhaps they could keep their politics out of our Football too!!!!

Anyways it doesn't have anything to do with who the poster is or his politics.
brasil leans left and I didn't know him but I still went to bat for him like this too..

btw, where do you get this idea that I engage with him anyway?
FYI, I have not as yet posted a single message directly to 57 and that includes over at Off Topic too. Not one.
What might that tell you about my opinion of his tactics? I will though when he says something I want to comment on, it just hasn't happened yet. But it isn't for me to say what he can and can't do so I practice what I preach. I ignore, grease or ban no one.

You can claim no bias all you like, but uh uh… I posted you a link to a thread in here that clearly shows you ignoring many others to go after just 1 person and talk of him being banned. That's not unbiased any way you slice it. Raminec has many times been one of your accomplices in ganging up on others and gets right political in that thread but you say nothing to him. hmmmmm?

Like with Dick I don't mind talking football with you either. We all think alike on a lot in that regard. Seems we're working to find a happy medium on just about everything else tho. ;)
Not sure if I’ve ever in this discussion forum expressed my political beliefs. But no matter what it is I will stand By such doesn’t belong in this section. If I in your opinion haven’t been fair then I’ll be more consistent. That being said we are good. It’s about this team.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:45 am

RamsLaBaby wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:10 am
Rams57 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:33 am
What a bully!!! I thought this was a safe place to post my own ideas. I wasn't aware I must only post what appeals to you and the combish EDIT- and fucking crybaby NORCAL.. If you wish to be a bully at least go to off topic, this side is for Rams football. I know you are English, maybe a soccer hooligan, and don't understand Americans and football. So I will continue ,like I always do, to be the bigger man when insulted by those who don't know any better. I'm sure the shame you must feel, will be punishment enough. we on this site will all pray for you.
Some seriously paranoid nut balls in here!
RamsLaBaby... you must be new. Enjoy the ride.

Change my mind

zackn
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:33 am

Well I've gotten into non-football stuff on this forum. It's an extraordinary time, with the virus and this summers protests. Lots to process. So my past actions have voted "yes" on going off-topic on this football forum.

But it pays to pause now and then and think about things.

So it's a new day, and given that, we can ask, as a matter of policy should non-football topics be left off the Rams board?

I vote yes.

We have a season coming up and it would be good to see lively, focused discussions on just the Rams and the NFL game in general. The non-football material just bogs that down and ruins it. It also drives people away who are happy to discuss the Rams on other forums.

From now on, I will not post non-football stuff in this forum, and whoever insists on doing that, I will put on ignore. I'm just one vote but I urge others to do the same.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:10 pm

zackn wrote:
Well I've gotten into non-football stuff on this forum. It's an extraordinary time, with the virus and this summers protests. Lots to process. So my past actions have voted "yes" on going off-topic on this football forum.

So it's a new day, and given that, we can ask, as a matter of policy should non-football topics be left off the Rams board?

I vote yes.

We have a season coming up and it would be good to see lively, focused discussions on just the Rams and the NFL game in general. The non-football material just bogs that down and ruins it. It also drives people away who are happy to discuss the Rams on other forums.

From now on, I will not post non-football stuff in this forum, and whoever insists on doing that, I will put on ignore. I'm just one vote but I urge others to do the same.

You promise Zack?

Change my mind

RamPower
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:59 pm

zackn wrote:

I vote yes.

I agree (I'm guilty as charged as well). Politics just pisses people off, and there's plenty of that going around already. Rams talk is RAMS talk.

* except I won't put anyone on ignore - that's just me.

zackn
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:02 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:10 pm

You promise Zack?

It was a unique moment. Pandemic + protests. I was far from the only one. I didn't get into non-football stuff in the football forum before then. IMO now it's time for everyone to move on.

sanbagger
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm

My vote would be to keep the politics in the Forum it was intended...Off Topic.

I know Politics is very near and dear to people and it can cause emotional outbursts....even happens in my family as we are divided by Parties and I have told all concerned that when visiting my home that topic is taboo....sounds harsh but it keeps the peace in the family and we enjoy each others company vice "discussing" our views.

Ignore is a possibility....I'm hesitant use that tactic but it is getting to that point....as long as football keeps going forward I think the discussions will migrate right back to football.

bigklein
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Because I engage in political discussions elsewhere, I don’t use our off topic thread, but I definitely appreciate its presence on this site. I also appreciate how difficult it can be to not respond to political references when they appear in Rams threads. Even when these references and claims seem kind of nuts or even dangerous, I’ve tried to resist chiming in, but that doesn’t sit well either. In reality, what isn’t political? But I like to think of this Rams forum as an escape. The problem has been that we’ve not really had any football to discuss, and many of us have been going a bit nuts sheltering in place. So in the Rams discussion areas, if we don’t have something to say that is explicitly about Rams football, then we should use more self control and not say anything at all. The off topic forum, however, can go anywhere. Use it when you need to. Personally, I won’t go there since I just go to this site for Rams shizz. Looking forward to substantial Rams shizz in our future!

RamsLaBaby
Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:54 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
RamsLaBaby wrote:
Rams57 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:33 am
What a bully!!! I thought this was a safe place to post my own ideas. I wasn't aware I must only post what appeals to you and the combish EDIT- and fucking crybaby NORCAL.. If you wish to be a bully at least go to off topic, this side is for Rams football. I know you are English, maybe a soccer hooligan, and don't understand Americans and football. So I will continue ,like I always do, to be the bigger man when insulted by those who don't know any better. I'm sure the shame you must feel, will be punishment enough. we on this site will all pray for you.
Not new, just haven't been here in a while. The thought of writing all this bullshit on any forum with any serious intent is both hilarious and terrifying.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

RamsLaBaby wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:54 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
RamsLaBaby wrote:

Not new, just haven't been here in a while. The thought of writing all this bullshit on any forum with any serious intent is both hilarious and terrifying.
Amen

Change my mind

Commish
Veteran

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:57 am
Rampager66 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 am
ElAcky wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:05 am

I don't think lessons have been learnt.. people still dismissing this it even on this forum.... usual nut cases.

Decisive action looks like this.... the UK,on short notice, reintroduced quarantine measure for those returning from holidays from Spain as cases had gone up there.... that caught out millions of Brits some of which will not be able to return to work for 14 days after their holidays.
The Term Pandemic has been used to take away rights and freedoms on the Grounds that they are protecting people from death.
This comes from the so called Experts.... of which you pretend to be one..
Here's 3 things missing from their expertise that I've been waiting for one of them to report and address, if we can get them to stop telling us how much of an expert they are...

1) if this is truly a pandemic then how come every extended family and their circle isn't experiencing multiple deaths and near deaths, constant suffering and the things that go with that? Because that's what a PANDEMIC looks like. This one is struggling to stay ahead of the Flu.

2) Nobody's talking about all the masks and gloves and even paper baby doll cover-alls being disposed of in the regular garbage or just plain thrown on the streets. Why is this not being treated like HAZMAT, double bagged and taken to a special disposal location? And why aren't the EXPERTS on top of stop like this???

3) Your hero Dr Fauci among others have told us that AC or any wet/cold air is a Covid enabler. You been on a bus or subway lately?
Most are Air Conditioned... an issue overseen by the local health guidelines

Just because you choose to line up like cattle to be sheep, doesn't make you an expert. There are those who like to wait and see and decide for themselves because there are many unanswered question about all of it and the EXPERTS aren't up to snuff.
You forgot one important one for your theory....

4) The Earth is flat.
LOL! :lol:

Well, the "true experts" can tell you that the coronavirus can be eliminated via alien DNA and demon sperm.

Haven't you been paying attention to them...?? :o :roll: :?:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Rams57
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 am

Commish, you are not supposed to SNEAK in your leftist political crap, go to off topic. Rams football only, no more creepy leftist politics. Rules apply to everyone.

bigklein
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am

57, you just broke the rules.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:58 am

Personally I think while there is nothing Rams to talk about why not talk politics... unavoidable if you ask me..

The annoying thing about talking politics is not that people have different views some of which may seem ridiculous to others, it’s that people will a) not defend that view or conspiracy theory properly (a lizard picture is not a defence) and b) will start with the abuse when they can’t defend their view...

As an real example, If you post something like “Obama is gay” at least show the courtesy to give some evidence.

zackn
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:22 am

double post
Last edited by zackn on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zackn
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am

Rams57 wrote:
Commish, you are not supposed to SNEAK in your leftist political crap, go to off topic. Rams football only, no more creepy leftist politics. Rules apply to everyone.
ElAcky wrote:
Personally I think while there is nothing Rams to talk about why not talk politics... unavoidable if you ask me..

The annoying thing about talking politics is not that people have different views some of which may seem ridiculous to others, it’s that people will a) not defend that view or conspiracy theory properly (a lizard picture is not a defence) and b) will start with the abuse when they can’t defend their view...

As an real example, If you post something like “Obama is gay” at least show the courtesy to give some evidence.
The temptation is always there...but most people are saying, leave it out of the Rams forum.

And now people are politicizing people saying...leave it out of the Rams forum (!)

I humbly suggest we just move on, resist temptation, and really hear the people who are saying take it to the non-football forum.

As I said there are several Rams forums out there that enforce that separation, and conversation about football and the Rams on this board is better if we don't drive people from here to there.

Fair enough?

DMRamFan
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 am

zackn wrote:
Rams57 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

The temptation is always there...but most people are saying, leave it out of the Rams forum.

And now people are politicizing people saying...leave it out of the Rams forum (!)

I humbly suggest we just move on, resist temptation, and really hear the people who are saying take it to the non-football forum.

As I said there are several Rams forums out there that enforce that separation, and conversation about football and the Rams on this board is better if we don't drive people from here to there.

Fair enough?
We are having conversations about other conversations that steered off of the original conversation. Goodness help us, we need football to start.
Political conversations suck, because no matter what you say... you’re going to upset half a group. But nothing else going on is making us all a bit crazy, more passionate and involved.
Not all of us are as nuts as 57 or mind screwing as Commish. :lol:

Jk 57/Commish. You know I like you two old dudes.

Change my mind

Safety Blitz
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 am

CRAZY DONALD SUPPORTERS have been brainwashed because they lack self awareness .

DEM PRES SND SENATE SND HOUSE will right the ship you idiots are trying to sink.

PERSON WOMAN MAN CAMERA TV

Dump narcissistic sociopath is loved by racist supporters.

"In McVay We Trust!"

Safety Blitz
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 am

CRAZY DONALD SUPPORTERS have been brainwashed because they lack self awareness .

DEM PRES SENATE HOUSE November 3 will right the ship you idiots are trying to sink.

PERSON WOMAN MAN CAMERA TV

Dumb narcissistic sociopath Trump who metaphorically sucks Putin's penis is loved by racist supporters.

PUTIN has Trump By his tiny balls.
.not footballs..

"In McVay We Trust!"

bigklein
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:36 am

Upland, could you move this thread to “off topic” or blow it up?

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

bigklein wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:36 am
Upland, could you move this thread to “off topic” or blow it up?
blow it up

zackn
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am

DMRamFan wrote:
zackn wrote:

We are having conversations about other conversations that steered off of the original conversation. Goodness help us, we need football to start.
Political conversations suck, because no matter what you say... you’re going to upset half a group. But nothing else going on is making us all a bit crazy, more passionate and involved.

See another example. 8-)

Just a funny reminder. I get what you're saying (though I don't endorse your characterization of the posters). And I don't want to be the "move on nothin to see here" cop. But still...temptation! Temptation izza bitch.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:45 am

I haven’t seen or heard from Upland in a while. Does he still manage the page? Has he removed post before? If yes, I have not seen it.

Be great to blow this one up.

Change my mind

Commish
Veteran

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:59 pm

DMRamFan wrote:

Ahhhh, I don't remember ever *initiating* any political/ideological exchanges on this forum, and I have no intention to *initiate* any such debate here in the future.

I've also been ignoring all of that other guy's partisan posts, just as I'd ignore a claim that it's better to be a sleazy 49ers supporter than a true-blue Rams fan--not even necessary to challenge it... :) 8-) :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Rate this topic
  • Information