russia to have a vaccine ready by mid august?

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:46 pm

I just read this report and it's all over the internet from multiple sources. It's hard to believe. I suppose that they have taken some short cuts, like they usually do. Safety always comes last for them but sometimes maybe we go too far the other way. If true, I think for us it's a good thing for us because we will see if it works ad if its safe.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Yeah right... I believe nothing that comes out of Putins Russia!!

Really nice people but they got to grow some balls and remove the dictator....

Oxford Uni seems to be closest right now

Rams57
Veteran

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 pm

I agree because of the speed, major safety concerns. But I trust Russia more than I would trust Bill Gates. I wouldn't take any vaccine from Bill Gates. We have make sure there is no DNA altering cancer cells in the vaccine. Yes, some people want to put that shit in the vaccine. That is real, not bullshit.

HighDesertRam
Starter

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 pm

I personally won't take any vaccine from Russia , Bill Gates or anyone else..

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:20 pm

HighDesertRam wrote:
8-)…. Me either....

toast49
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:21 pm

HighDesertRam wrote:
Why would you. Herd immunity.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Rammer wrote:
I just read this report and it's all over the internet from multiple sources. It's hard to believe. I suppose that they have taken some short cuts, like they usually do. Safety always comes last for them but sometimes maybe we go too far the other way. If true, I think for us it's a good thing for us because we will see if it works ad if its safe.
You don't trust frontline Doctors, but trust hearsay all over the net

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:09 am

toast49 wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I trust nothing that isn't verified. I have a question mark in the subject line. However, this is very possible because the Usa could have a vaccine now if they skipped the phase 3 testing. Russia tends to do this stuff just to be first. They worry about consequences and risks later....... but whatever this is, it isn't hearsay, it is being reported on BBC, CNN, Wall Street Journal and practically every other major news site. . Russia is making this claim, they plan to register a vaccine in mid August..............

And no to answer your second question, I do not trust a group of random guys in white smocks that I know nothing about claiming to be doctors on the internet. We see this same shit every day with drs pushing their bogus weight loss products, super vitamins that are going to cure cancer, etc. Whatever they are, even if legit - it is just based on their own anecdotal evidence. We don't know what they are basing their claims on. science needs controlled studies. .... I don't know their backgrounds, don't know what controlled studies that they participated in.
Last edited by Rammer on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:21 am

toast49 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:21 pm
HighDesertRam wrote:
Why would you. Herd immunity.
Every disease is different and we do not know the specifics of herd immunity as it relates to Covid. Herd immunity may take years or this thing may keep mutating. I am still waiting for herd immunity on the common cold. We just don't know for sure, nobody does. So, stop acting like you do. Yes, herd immunity probably could happen, could possibly even be happening now in a few places but that isn't clear. Many times in the past, we have only achieved herd immunity thru vaccination. Once a large percentage was vaccinated, then the rest of the herd was protected. So, I am not going to bet my life on it happening soon enough.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Rammer wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I trust nothing that isn't verified. I have a question mark in the subject line. However, this is very possible because the Usa could have a vaccine now if they skipped the phase 3 testing. Russia tends to do this stuff just to be first. They worry about consequences and risks later....... but whatever this is, it isn't hearsay, it is being reported on BBC, CNN, Wall Street Journal and practically every other major news site. . Russia is making this claim, they plan to register a vaccine in mid August..............

And no to answer your second question, I do not trust a group of random guys in white smocks that I know nothing about claiming to be doctors on the internet. We see this same shit every day with drs pushing their bogus weight loss products, super vitamins that are going to cure cancer, etc. Whatever they are, even if legit - it is just based on their own anecdotal evidence. We don't know what they are basing their claims on. science needs controlled studies. .... I don't know their backgrounds, don't know what controlled studies that they participated in.
But you trust Fauci, and scientists like Neil Ferguson who fart computer models out their ass?

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:40 pm

toast49 wrote:
Rammer wrote:
toast49 wrote:

But you trust Fauci, and scientists like Neil Ferguson who fart computer models out their ass?
yeah no shit aint that the truth. Fauci is god right??? what a joke

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:00 pm

ocram23 wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

I am just not as political as you guys, at least on this. This is a virus. I don't trust computer models about this and not Fauci totally either but he isn't a joke. The only time that I think he lied, was when he told us not to wear masks. In his mind, he was protecting front line health care workers..... He is a Dr, a scientist and has a good reputation. Because of this he has to be conservative in his answers until there is a good study to verify. When he says something like it is going to last a long time, It's an opinion. Nobody knows this.

I am not going to get involved the stupid arguments between Trump and his opponents. They have both acted like asses. I think his administration and team (which Fauci is part of), has done a reasonable job overall. There was good economic stimulus done quickly, tests are ramped up, multiple companies working on a vaccine, guidelines have been out there and letting states make the final decisions. Compared to Cuomo, whose policies caused a deadly epidemic in nursing homes, they have done well.

Regarding Trump, though, like I said he has done ok in that he has followed the advice of his experts but I am disappointed in his personal behavior. First, he tried to pretend it was just a cold, it didn't exist or it was just going to die out. Then he tried to pretend that he had a cure that he didn't have. And the not wearing a mask thing for so long? What an asshole he is. With the lousy choices I have I would still likely vote for him but he is a complete ass wipe.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:57 pm

Rammer wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
toast49 wrote:

I am just not as political as you guys, at least on this. This is a virus. I don't trust computer models about this and not Fauci totally either but he isn't a joke. The only time that I think he lied, was when he told us not to wear masks. In his mind, he was protecting front line health care workers..... He is a Dr, a scientist and has a good reputation. Because of this he has to be conservative in his answers until there is a good study to verify. When he says something like it is going to last a long time, It's an opinion. Nobody knows this.

I am not going to get involved the stupid arguments between Trump and his opponents. They have both acted like asses. I think his administration and team (which Fauci is part of), has done a reasonable job overall. There was good economic stimulus done quickly, tests are ramped up, multiple companies working on a vaccine, guidelines have been out there and letting states make the final decisions. Compared to Cuomo, whose policies caused a deadly epidemic in nursing homes, they have done well.

Regarding Trump, though, like I said he has done ok in that he has followed the advice of his experts but I am disappointed in his personal behavior. First, he tried to pretend it was just a cold, it didn't exist or it was just going to die out. Then he tried to pretend that he had a cure that he didn't have. And the not wearing a mask thing for so long? What an asshole he is. With the lousy choices I have I would still likely vote for him but he is a complete ass wipe.
I did vote for Trump but he is an arrogant prick no doubt. However he is a 1000 times better than Hillary. My problem with Fauci is he has been wrong on so many thins and he is the so called expert. He is a career politician who happens to be a Dr. He hasn't seen a patient in over 30 years so he is beyond out of touch. I love how the left never brings up Cuomo and the deadly decisions he made especially the nursing home fiasco. it's a fuckin joke. I wear a mask everywhere so hopefully we get through this.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Rammer wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
toast49 wrote:

I forgot one more thing about Fauci his testimony in front of Congress today was way beyond embarrassing. He comments on everything but that fucker wouldn't answer a question about large groups of protesting and how that increases the spread of the virus??? really????

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:42 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Rammer wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

I forgot one more thing about Fauci his testimony in front of Congress today was way beyond embarrassing. He comments on everything but that fucker wouldn't answer a question about large groups of protesting and how that increases the spread of the virus??? really????
One thing I’ve noticed about Fauci is that he is not political and stays away from it... his comments are always related to the virus... I’m sure he stayd away from comments on the protests to not upset Trump.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 am

ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

One thing I’ve noticed about Fauci is that he is not political and stays away from it... his comments are always related to the virus... I’m sure he stayd away from comments on the protests to not upset Trump.
you are one clueless dude. did you even listen to what he said yesterday??? most of what he said was all political. so this fucker can comment on how you should limit your dating but he won't give an honest answer on how the virus spread during the riots and protests?

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:00 am

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

you are one clueless dude. did you even listen to what he said yesterday??? most of what he said was all political. so this fucker can comment on how you should limit your dating but he won't give an honest answer on how the virus spread during the riots and protests?
Not reacting to Jordans provocation is not political

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:04 am

ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

how about being honest and answering the fuckin question??? you know why he didn't??? because he is a political animal who has been able to keep his job while different Presidents have come and gone. don't think for a second that he is doing this for science.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 am

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

how about being honest and answering the fuckin question??? you know why he didn't??? because he is a political animal who has been able to keep his job while different Presidents have come and gone. don't think for a second that he is doing this for science.
He answered it clearly... he is not there to make such judgements just give advice on health matters.... I read it that he has been taken to the cleaners by people like you for having an opinion in the past so now will just stick to the points within his remit..

Again, your questioning is super hypocritical as many senators and Barr just the other day refused to answer questions...

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 am

ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

He answered it clearly... he is not there to make such judgements just give advice on health matters.... I read it that he has been taken to the cleaners by people like you for having an opinion in the past so now will just stick to the points within his remit..

Again, your questioning is super hypocritical as many senators and Barr just the other day refused to answer questions...
you are so wrong go back and look at his comments. for christ sake this guy is giving advice about everything yet he won't answer the one question that would get him in hot water with the left. dude you can't see it because you are so far on the left it doesn't fit your narrative so you won't even acknowledge it.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 pm

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

you are so wrong go back and look at his comments. for christ sake this guy is giving advice about everything yet he won't answer the one question that would get him in hot water with the left. dude you can't see it because you are so far on the left it doesn't fit your narrative so you won't even acknowledge it.
Today he said that the US has more cases simply because they only locked down around 50% of the country vs 95% of the EU... factually correct.... Trump contradicted him straight away that US does more testing ... it’s a crazy situation... the guy is caught in a he middle of a horrible situation and just wants to do his job like so many before him... I don’t blame him for not answering directly..

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Today he said that the US has more cases simply because they only locked down around 50% of the country vs 95% of the EU... factually correct.... Trump contradicted him straight away that US does more testing ... it’s a crazy situation... the guy is caught in a he middle of a horrible situation and just wants to do his job like so many before him... I don’t blame him for not answering directly..
of course you don't but that little twat can give advice on dating right???? such a bullshit excuse

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

of course you don't but that little twat can give advice on dating right???? such a bullshit excuse
That’s the point... he gave advice in the past and he got crucified for it... So is steering away from that type of specific advice..

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

That’s the point... he gave advice in the past and he got crucified for it... So is steering away from that type of specific advice..
he's still giving advice that's the whole point but yet he can't answer this question???

Rate this topic
  • Information